Poll: Brunson:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Start
65.22%
30 65.22%
Bench
8.70%
4 8.70%
Trade
26.09%
12 26.09%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.75 Average
BRUNSON BURNER: to NYK for 4yrs/$104M (no SnT) | NYK docked 2025 2nd for tampering
https://twitter.com/thesteinline/status/...48128?s=46&t=uRcTdXAufusWIlWjXMtI5g
[-] The following 1 user Likes JamesConway912's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
Hilarious slap on the wrist. 

Knicks get JB for a 2025 2nd! What a steal.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BoredAssistant, Mavs2021
Like Reply
The takeaway is “likely to be an All Star”…people called me crazy when I suggested as much.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BoredAssistant, dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
Shouldn't Nico be calling potential free agent targets right now?
Like Reply
(12-21-2022, 03:54 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Hilarious slap on the wrist. 

Knicks get JB for a 2025 2nd! What a steal.

I thought the Knicks are stupid and Brunson wasn´t worth his contract...
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BoredAssistant, Mavs2021
Like Reply
(12-21-2022, 04:07 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I thought the Knicks are stupid and Brunson wasn´t worth his contract...

Knicks are stupid and Brunson isn't worth his contract.

But essentially trading Brunson for a 2nd round pick is worth it. Which is what I'm making light of.

Knicks have 3 more wins than the Mavs right now. Mavs season has been straight from hell. Everything is clicking for the Knicks. Difference of only 3 wins.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(12-21-2022, 05:51 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Knicks are stupid and Brunson isn't worth his contract.

lol
Like Reply
48 last night.  Turns out Brunson is probably better and younger that Kyrie at this point, even when Kyrie is on the straight and narrow. Just unbelievably bad management of a prime asset. Cuban has pissed this team’s future away. He’s the NBA Court Jester.
Like Reply
It is turning out the Brunson gaffe is a fireable offense.  Although who know ms how many of those dudes thought they were smartest men in the room during the whole process.  At least they redeemed themselves by picking up McGee
Like Reply
Yup, the Brunson-fiasco is one of those mistakes somebody should be fired over. 

The Mavs did a lot of dumb crap since 2011 but this is one takes the first place Imo. I never thought they’d be able to mess this up too but here we are. It’s actually impressive how shitty things are around here.

Their next project: handing over the best draft pick possible to NY while simultaneously missing the playoffs. 

It’s comical how poorly this organization is run.
[-] The following 2 users Like JamesConway912's post:
  • KillerLeft, ThisIStheYear
Like Reply
Cuban's not going to fire himself.
Like Reply
It really is Steve Nash all over again.

I never thought Brunson was that level of player but he's proving me wrong left and right.

Cuban is the biggest idiot of the idiots and is trying to contend for worst owner in the NBA.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(04-03-2023, 05:05 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: It really is Steve Nash all over again.

The Mavs won 58 games the year after Nash left...
[-] The following 1 user Likes StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Nash leaving was at least defendable at the time. I really thought he was at the tail end of his career when he walked 

The Brunson decision was just mind-blowingly dumb after we saw what he did in the Jazz series and how he carried the team early on last season. He proved he was a $30+ million a year player. I easily pick him over Poole or Herro
[-] The following 4 users Like Jym's post:
  • BigDirk41, khaled1987, KillerLeft, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
Looking like the worse decision in franchise history at this point as far as a player they had on their roster.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
(04-03-2023, 06:01 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: The Mavs won 58 games the year after Nash left...

Dirk Nowitzki was a really good basketball player.
Like Reply
(04-04-2023, 10:17 AM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Looking like the worse decision in franchise history at this point as far as a player they had on their roster.

It's up there for sure.
Like Reply
(04-03-2023, 06:01 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: The Mavs won 58 games the year after Nash left...

Because they had both Nelsons in place, making moves in an attempt to recover.

An actual GM would have probably made a better effort out of this season, too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
While I was disappointed that Nico couldn't even get a conversation with Jalen (that was his biggest qualification for the GM job), it's hard to put Jalen walking on him especially with the new form of tampering going on in the league.  We should really get some relatives of Luka on our staff if we want to keep him in the long run.
Like Reply
(04-05-2023, 01:50 PM)cow Wrote: While I was disappointed that Nico couldn't even get a conversation with Jalen (that was his biggest qualification for the GM job)

Oh you better believe there would have been a conversation if we were going to make a competitive offer 
Cuban had his limit and Nico had to work with that
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jym's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply