Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination
(10-09-2021, 11:25 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Sorry. Badly phrased on my part. Should have added an explanation. What I mean is that you (and I hope that I am understanding you correctly) do not share the opinion of anti vaxxers that you quoted in your posts. You wanted to bring up their opinion to bring some balance to a in your opinion one sided debate. The mentioned approach gives the entire discussion a pro/contra setup that lacks nuance.

I contributed as well. Despite my declaration not to turn this into a purely medical/scientifc debate I failed to do that. I could have been more emphatic towards different believe systems and the role of anectodal experience or stories. Not just responded with the statistics/studies that apply for the mentioned examples.

@"dirkfansince1998" thanks again for a thoughtful reply. 
Been busy and catching up a bit on this since it was moved.  
Quick reply here and then I'd like to come back later and hit what I though was the most important point point you raised as to what sort of solutions and answers are available to us in use of the vaccinations, reducing risks and continuing to fight this pandemic. 

Yes I purposely point attention to points being raised from the so called anti-vaccine side of the debate not because I agree in lockstep with every point raised but because I have a much bigger issue and concern with suppression of free speech and free expression which is now full scale being accepted across our country and across what used to known as the free world, now becoming less and less free. 

I hear people calling everything "Science" that fits the obvious mainstream narrative while at the same time labeling everything and everyone evil that expresses anything other Rah! Rah! Go VACCINATIONS! Force Them In Until We Win!!!.
Anyone not repeating the cheer is immediately placed under the evil banner Anti-vaxxer    Angry .  
I found it very interesting that even Crazy Kyrie Irving (still a bright young man) recently came out and said very similar to what some of us have said here, that he not anti-vaccination but he is against forcing the vaccinations.   I don't know maybe he eventually takes it but I say good for him in taking his stand in this case. 
----- 
https://nba.nbcsports.com/2021/10/14/kyr...od-for-me/
Quote:
Quote:Don’t believe any of that s***. Really be aware of what’s being said before I even get a chance to be on the podium and speak for myself.
Quote:What would you do if you felt uncomfortable going into the season when you were promised that you would have exemptions or that you didn’t have to be forced to get the vaccine? This wasn’t an issue before the season started. This wasn’t something that I foresaw coming where I prepared for it and I had a chance to strategize about what was going to be best for me and my family. I came into the season thinking that I was just going to be able to play ball.

Quote:It’s not about being anti-vax or about being on one side or the other. It’s just really about being true to what feels good for me. I’m still uncertain about a lot of things. And that’s OK. If I’m going to be demonized for having more questions and taking my time to make a decision with my life, then that’s just what it is. That’s something I’ve got to sit in. I know the consequences of the decisions I make with my life.
Quote:To demonize one another and to judge and continue to point the finger and be like, “Yo, you should do this.” Think about what that puts a person – what type of position that puts a person in. You’re backing them up against the wall to make a decision out of fear, out of having anxiety or they just don’t know.

And why is it unreasonable for Kyrie or anyone else to still have their own personal concerns about vaccinations when significant members of the medical and scientific community are still working through their own concerns? 

People are still getting sick and it is a bad assumption that this is only because of the unvaccinated.   The political narrative is scapegoating the unvaccinated while ignoring other areas of focus like improved prophylactics, treatments, pushing to strengthen and bolster natural immunity etc. 

Meanwhile yes millions and and millions are vaccinated.  Good for everyone that felt quite comfortable and happy to get it.  Unfortunately some took it under coercion and threat of force against their livelihood and freedoms.  Is that really necessary at this point and more importantly is it really working to defeat the virus? 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/the-vaccinated-are-worried-and-scientists-don-t-have-answers/ar-AANzgN7 
Quote:Anecdotes tell us what the data can’t: Vaccinated people appear to be getting the coronavirus at a surprisingly high rate. But exactly how often isn’t clear, nor is it certain how likely they are to spread the virus to others. 
Though it is evident vaccination still provides powerful protection against the virus, there’s growing concern that vaccinated people may be more vulnerable to serious illness than previously thought.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dahlsim's post:
  • luka_skywalker_77
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - by omahen - 09-30-2021, 02:55 PM
RE: Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - by Dahlsim - 10-15-2021, 11:29 AM