Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination
And this morning, Johns Hopkins’ Dr. Marty Makary, professor at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine says this....

“The data on natural immunity are now overwhelming,” stressed Makary. “It turns out the hypothesis that our public health leaders had that vaccinated immunity is better and stronger than natural immunity was wrong. They got it backwards. And now we’ve got data from Israel showing that natural immunity is 27 times more effective than vaccinated immunity. And that supports 15 other studies.” 

It's like I was saying...every so many days, it seems, another study comes out showing natural immunity provides more protection from the virus...every day.  

I've seen articles about people who have had the virus getting it again, but what is missing in this is the severity of the second case.  I haven't been able to find any raw data on that...or even any articles on it.  My concern is are people actually tracking this very important thing, to me.

This is one of the few recent articles from Healthline that talk about it.  
"However, it’s difficult to know how common reinfections are because scientists don’t routinely monitor for them, and symptoms may be less noticeable the second time around.

“A lot of reinfections are very mild. People don’t even realize they have gotten reinfected,” said Theodora Hatziioannou, PhD, a virologist at Rockefeller University. “So, I would guess that [reinfection] actually happens a lot.”

If you have had the virus, your re-infections are usually so mild that you don't even notice it...and their lead story is a got who got it really bad and his second case was REALLY mild.

As I said, I'm not against taking the vaccine if you haven't had COVID.  It seems to be a good stop gap, but I AM not convinced on being MADE to take the vaccine, especially if you have had COVID.  That's not okay and every day...every day...another study is released that supports that.  Like I said also, it was impossible to know this last year, because it was impossible to measure time that hadn't happened.

Now it has...the data is just getting more overwhelming (article from Science.org about immunity after having the virus).  It is disingenuous to continue to say "vaccinated" or "unvaccinated", when the truth is that "survived" is BETTER than vaccinated.

From the CDC website, it claims that you should get the vaccine even if you've had COVID because "Research has not yet shown how long you are protected from getting COVID-19 again after you recover from COVID-19."  They say that one study shows that you are 2.34 times MORE likely to get COVID if you have had COVID than if you have been vaccinated.  The study that they cite is a study earlier in the year from Kentucky with 246 people.  For example, the Israel study has 2.5 million people tracked in it.

More studies cited from this article above from Healthline...
"A study of more than 20,000 healthcare workers in the United Kingdom found that of the more than 6,600 people who had a previous SARS-CoV-2 infection, only 44 contracted it again — less than 1 percent."

"These results, though, are in line with another study carried out by Dr. Stuart C. Sealfon, a professor of neurology, neuroscience, and pharmacological sciences at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, and colleagues.
This group followed more than 3,000 Marine recruits attending basic training in South Carolina, including almost 190 recruits who had a previous SARS-CoV-2 infection.
During the 6 weeks of the study, around 10 percent of those with a prior infection contracted another infection."

Why are we turning down 2.5 million subject studies - 20,000 subject studies - 3000 subject studies and keeping the base case a 246 member study in Kentucky?  I mean, come on...no matter what you believe, that is strange, and I'm not suggesting a conspiracy, but just stating a fact.

Contrary to the CDC, there HAS been research done...well-documented research from Israel, Cleveland, UW SoM, and many other studies (some listed above) that are not crackpots and kooks (there are crackpots and kooks, but they aren't ALL, by any means).  A telling sign should be "what were these people's reputation BEFORE they spoke out about COVID" --- For example, Makary was (and still is) a highly thought of doctor one of the world's leading medical schools.  He's not infallible, but he's not stupid.  He wrote out against the rising cause of healthcare and proposed ways to fix it.  This isn't some crackpot that seems to be trying to make a name for himself...and the data keeps mounting.

Here's a list of studies, some that contradict and support the Israeli study...  In fairness, even studies that support the Israeli study's (and other's findings) do still recommend the vaccine, but more in a cover your butt type of way by saying "here's our findings that support that, but more research needs to be done." (that's my personal opinion, so -- grain of salt for that).

I really think that at the end of the day, months or years from now, we'll look on the vaccine requirements and people losing their jobs, specifically people who have had COVID and survived, as a HUGE mistake that no one will really want to talk about for decades.  In a century, it will be an accepted part of history and a part, I hope, that we all learn a lot of lessons from and get better.

Again, I apologize is any of this is caustic.  I am getting more and more bold with my viewpoint, the more studies that I read.  There simply aren't things that we can measure without time, and in the short term, I totally get why people are shy to say this in leadership, because some knuckleheads will call the last cold they had "COVID" and run around like they are bulletproof, when they aren't...BUT, it's not fair to the MILLIONS of people who are safe, with study after study showing that, that they have to lose their job, not be able to go out or participate in things if THOSE people, who are most likely in better shape than an uninfected person who is FULLY vaccinated, while the less safe person is allowed to go free without any recompense..

That's just not right, imho.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
[-] The following 2 users Like TXBamanut's post:
  • Dahlsim, luka_skywalker_77
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - by omahen - 09-30-2021, 02:55 PM
RE: Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - [split] from MAVS NEWS - by TXBamanut - 10-07-2021, 10:25 AM