Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination
(10-05-2021, 05:46 PM)Dahlsim Wrote: The thing that compels me to take valuable time and contribute to a conversation like this is the fact that clearly the entire debate is now politicized.  There is no question now that a majority bias exists to push the narrative of the vaccination as Savior so to speak.  The more biases such as political advantage and financial advantage are introduced and exerted on any topic the more the topic is not really "Science" any more.  

I don´t agree with a lot of your opinions on this topic but I enjoyed our conversation. But...
Absolutely agree that this is a mayor concern. Would add that it goes both ways. Once again right along the lines of the right/left divide we are seeing all through the country. Going along with growing science sceptism. I like to believe that at some point in the past people from both sides wouldn´t have trusted the word of random TV talking heads over medical experts or the head of the CDC/FDA. And I am not even blaming the people. Both political parties, leaders of agencies and other institutions did a lot to cause this. The lack of trust in the current political system/leaders is evident.

To highlight this. We have politicians from one side trying their best to spread misinformation about the vaccine. Promoting unproven alternative treatments. Problem is that the other side isn´t really any better. Creating a toxic culture and in case of the pandemic it is hurting the research process. I mentioned the lack of useful Ivermectin studies. Why is that the case? Answer...lack of approval and funding. More research when it comes to a potential treatment shouldn´t be controversial but sadly it is.

Not to mention the broken health care system. We wouldn´t have endless debates about treatments like Ivermectin if other "better" options would be available for cheap.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Jmaciscool, SleepingHero
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - by omahen - 09-30-2021, 02:55 PM
RE: Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - [split] from MAVS NEWS - by dirkfansince1998 - 10-05-2021, 06:19 PM