Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination
(10-03-2021, 04:47 PM)Dahlsim Wrote: In terms of "YouTube videos" I would think you know by now that the major social media platforms including YouTube, Twitter and Facebook are all into outright censorship now and cooperate with the central government. New buzz words like misinformation have been substituted to allow for what we in the United States used to call censorship. 

Now we don't call it censorship as long as the designated fact-checkers (new buzz term) have told us that what they removed from our view was misinformation.  You see how that works. Its very handy and we can all be sure that our science and data inputs are accurate after the fact checkers have removed all the nasty misinformation and banned all the bad doctors and misbehaving people in the public forum.

And now we are reaching all out conspiracy theory talk. Maybe I have to bring out the flame thrower. I have a lot of concerns when it comes to social media platforms but this is taking it way to far. Flagging or calling out misinformation is not censorship if it happens on a clearly factual basis. For example medical misinformation (made up death totals for vaccines, COVID not spreading among asymptomatic and more) or things like flat earth talk and other conspiracy theories.
What we should be concerned about is how to make sure that any potential review system isn´t abused. Or as of now is in the control of unknown interest groups.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - by omahen - 09-30-2021, 02:55 PM
RE: Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - [split] from MAVS NEWS - by dirkfansince1998 - 10-03-2021, 06:03 PM