Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination
(10-01-2021, 02:10 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Yeah, I get all that. I just haven't seen a study on how effective the vaccine is for the Detla variant. Couldn't find that through CDC. It might be there, just didn't find it.

But not trying to get you to do research for me. Just thought I'd see if you already knew of a study.

Hey fifteenth, https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/...21264260v1 might provide some of the information you're looking for. Note this is a pre-print and has not been through the full review process but is considered as a well designed study by some of the experts I found to be providing well backed up information.

"Conclusions Vaccination reduces transmission of Delta, but by less than the Alpha variant. The impact of vaccination decreased over time. Factors other than PCR-measured viral load are important in vaccine-associated transmission reductions. Booster vaccinations may help control transmission together with preventing infections."

What this study doesn't cover explicitly is the fact, that fully vaccinated people also have a lower risk to be infected at all, and their risk to develop severe cases of COVID-19 is far more reduced than the risk to catch COVID-19 at all compared to the unvaccinated (I think you already know this; If you need links to a studies showing this, I can have a look) :-).

Hope the link may provide a bit of ammunition to convince one or the other to get their shots and help themselves and all of us to get rid of this nasty pandemic.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - by omahen - 09-30-2021, 02:55 PM
RE: Of Freedom, Country and Vaccination - [split] from MAVS NEWS - by Jannemann2 - 10-02-2021, 04:39 AM