Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Giddey Discussion
Willingly accepting to ruin his life...and use lawyer words to make him seem like more of a monster than he is...is displaying far worse behavior than two young kids having fun together.

You dont want to be reasonable. Questionable behavior if you ask me.

Youre into thought control...even if it doesnt make sense. You cant make sense of it.

Not caring about others just creates a trash existence for all. Sign of the unintelligent.
Like Reply
(11-24-2023, 01:38 PM)youzigizag Wrote: If what I am experiencing is real....

Ok, NOW I know who you are.
Like Reply
Probably best to leave the Giddey topic alone for a while now, my guys.
Like Reply
I was about to say, maybe we should move this topic to Rest if the World?
Like Reply
Giddey discussion.

Hey guys, can we please slow this roll a bit. Seems to be getting a bit contentious. We can all discuss things around here without getting mad at eachother.
Like Reply
(11-24-2023, 01:38 PM)youzigizag Wrote: I need better info to become better.

If what I am experiencing is real...people screw.   It is what it is.   They are both kids.   This isnt some 50 year old married guy with a family using tricks to lure 12 or 13 year old girls for sex.   SAY THAT OUT LOUD.   This is two immature kids choosing to have a good time with each other.   SAY THAT OUT LOUD.

Until its reported he did creepy things to lure her in and manipulated her into sex she didnt want to participate in....this is all just young kids being young kids.

Giddey isn't a kid. That's where we disagree. He's a young adult and while he may not be fully mature like a 25 year old would be, he has all the rights and RESPONSIBILITIES of an adult. If he was a senior in high school and she was 16/17, sure whatever, but that's not remotely close to what this is. It's statutory rape. It's not cool and never will be ok. IF this is TRUE, she doesn't get to decide if it's illegal because she's a CHILD. Her parents get to press charges. This isn't a gray area if true. If it's a made up story, he deserves to prove his innocence.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply
(11-24-2023, 05:17 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Giddey isn't a kid. That's where we disagree. He's a young adult and while he may not be fully mature like a 25 year old would be, he has all the rights and RESPONSIBILITIES of an adult. If he was a senior in high school and she was 16/17, sure whatever, but that's not remotely close to what this is. It's statutory rape. It's not cool and never will be ok. IF this is TRUE, she doesn't get to decide if it's illegal because she's a CHILD. Her parents get to press charges. This isn't a gray area if true. If it's a made up story, he deserves to prove his innocence.

Being able to label someone a child raper because the law says so without context is ridiculous.

The World has a lot of work to do.

Its a trap game.  Its worn out.

I wont jump off a cliff because law says so.  I wont hurt someone because the law says so.  Kill me instead.  Im not toting a hypocritical company line.   EWWWWW...I FELL FOR IT.  So?

This isnt a big deal if its one off.   He fell for temptation.  If its two mutual parties consenting it should be a slap on the wrist until proven he is seeking it out.   

We still dont know the details.   

But...who cares...because no one wants to be reasonable.  No one is defending reasonable....HMMM.  Its about mind control...not reasonableness.

Not a single person has come in and defended reasonableness.  Must all be fake.  Same old story...kill good for greed.  Unintelligent.  Cant figure it out without hurting others.
Like Reply
(11-24-2023, 11:19 AM)BigDirk41 Wrote: To take it further, he'll be lucky to avoid jail time if she's 15. Apparently 16 is the consent age in Oklahoma and that's crazy to me. If that was my daughter, I would be pressing charges.

Why?
Half of Europe has age of consent at 14 and 15 (with exception of those who has power over the minor, like Guardian, teacher, boss etc) and UK has it at 16. Australia at 16 or 17 depending on state
USA use 18 is one of the oldest in the world. 

I am not arguing with right or wrong here, it is just I am surprised that Americans still get surprised with this  Big Grin
Like Reply
(11-24-2023, 01:30 PM)youzigizag Wrote: Last thing...

Its pretty hypocritical if a young girl can seek out older guys and not get in trouble.  I know the girls I went to school with preferred and sought out older guys.

No one wants to talk on that subject though.

If the dude is a creep...and did creepy things...give him a harsh punishment.

Nah, age of minor is crime because minors can't give consent as they aren't developed enough cognitively. 
So it isn't hypocritical tbh, more consistent. 

The hypocritical is that older women won't held accountable when they have a relationship with older kids. A 14 years old boy and 25 years old girl would be source of jokes rather than disgusts and anger, even though it is equally wrong, at least under the laws.
Like Reply
(11-25-2023, 08:52 AM)khaled1987 Wrote: Nah, age of minor is crime because minors can't give consent as they aren't developed enough cognitively. 
So it isn't hypocritical tbh, more consistent. 

The hypocritical is that older women won't held accountable when they have a relationship with older kids. A 14 years old boy and 25 years old girl would be source of jokes rather than disgusts and anger, even though it is equally wrong, at least under the laws.

That's not accurate. We regularly see stories where a female school teacher and an underage boy have consensual sex, and she goes to prison. One example is Mary Kay Letourneau. There are others.

In response to the whole discussion here, the issue is that age DOES matter, as far as judgment, so there is an age that's too young to give consent. And there's also the fact that teens need to have rules that protect them from making too-big mistakes borne from immaturity and impulsiveness. Statutory rape laws are aimed to keep predators at bay, and lock them up for preying on the "consent" of the immature.

The laws are the results of trying to determine a reasonable proper age that PROTECTS the young and vulnerable, while also not infringing on rational rights. So to say that the age should be "whatever I feel like it should be" is ridiculous.
Like Reply
What if the 50 year old identifies as a 12 year old. That should be just fine, right?
Like Reply
Unless I am mistaken...this happened in California and not in Oklahoma.

I need more info to give a fair judgement. Was this during the offseason and Giddy lived in Cali? It looks bad that it wasnt in Oklahoma because that is where my "organic" defense makes the most sense.

Have to get more info.
Like Reply
Apparently he cleared out of all charges, at least by the police.
Like Reply