Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dennis Smith Jr. I hate to say it
I was a big fan but he looks terrible for the Knicks. 

The worst thing that could happen to him is him going to the Knicks and having to hear the Porzingis feedback. 

He is not a starter and lost his starting position to Elfrid Payton
Like Reply
(10-26-2019, 08:37 PM)deronjohn Wrote: I was a big fan but he looks terrible for the Knicks. 

The worst thing that could happen to him is him going to the Knicks and having to hear the Porzingis feedback. 

He is not a starter and lost his starting position to Elfrid Payton
He looks seriously depressed on the bench, like he was about to cry. He wants to be good so bad, probably worked really hard on his conditioning and everything, but the two decisions he made were also real horrible. New York was a real bad place to go to for him, especially with the Porzingis trade expectations now squarely on him, after the Knicks failed to sign the big fish.

At least RJ Barrett looks special. We´ll trade for him in three years. Would be a perfect fit. Ugh to think what could have been, if these shitty ping-pong balls had gone our way.
Like Reply
(10-26-2019, 08:42 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: He looks seriously depressed on the bench, like he was about to cry. 

Yea, this is the first time I actually feel bad for him.

I can't believe we had Mavs fans siding with him over Carlisle when he pulled his little sit out stunt.  Dude is a scrub.
Like Reply
Watching some of this game, albeit it delayed and DSJ still doesn't look like he knows what to do with the ball. He just wants to dribble around and hope something good happens. I am sure he will get trades. If he can get a good coach he could be a productive NBA player. He needs to be a 6th man type who can run the second unit and put up a lot of shots.

(10-26-2019, 08:45 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote:
(10-26-2019, 08:42 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: He looks seriously depressed on the bench, like he was about to cry. 

Yea, this is the first time I actually feel bad for him.

I can't believe we had Mavs fans siding with him over Carlisle when he pulled his little sit out stunt.  Dude is a scrub.

We were criticized for some time observing how much better Brunson looked than DSJ. A year later it's clear that Brunson is a better player and it's not even close.
Like Reply
"We want Frank" chants in the garden. Mavs fleeced the Knicks. 

https://twitter.com/TheClemReport/status...98/video/1

Here is more. Feel bad for DSJ

https://twitter.com/BibsCorner/status/11...2836674560
Like Reply
Damn they are going to have to move on from him that New York Knicks fanbase is going to be out for blood. They should trade him to the Wizards or a team that is rebuilding so he can get a lot of minutes and figure things out on the fly. 

Crazy how him and Wesley Matthews were our starting backcourt
Talk about talent deficiency 

Rick deserves credit for us not being the worst team in the league
Like Reply
(10-26-2019, 08:51 PM)TheSportyChannel Wrote: "We want Frank" chants in the garden. Mavs fleeced the Knicks. 

Everybody knows Porzingis is a special talent. This whole trade was and is always about his health. Let´s not forget though that the two max slots were also a massive reason for the deal, so they already struck out on a major part of the trade. They get KD and Kyrie, DSJ is just a bonus asset.

Now they can´t win this trade anymore, as long as Porzingis stays reasonably healthy.
Like Reply
(10-26-2019, 08:58 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote:
(10-26-2019, 08:51 PM)TheSportyChannel Wrote: "We want Frank" chants in the garden. Mavs fleeced the Knicks. 

Everybody knows Porzingis is a special talent. This whole trade was and is always about his health. Let´s not forget though that the two max slots were also a massive reason for the deal, so they already struck out on a major part of the trade. They get KD and Kyrie, DSJ is just a bonus asset.

Now they can´t win this trade anymore, as long as Porzingis stays reasonably healthy.

well the draft picks are still a plus who knows how those will shake out but I agree the Trade is looking worse by the day. The crazy part is they should have asked for Bronson instead....

Deep down most of us Mavs fans knew Bronson was more pro ready than DSJ
Like Reply
Says more about sorry Knick fans.  Why try and mentally ruin one of your young prospects like that.  Knick fan is probably still very angry after the summer of failure.

(10-26-2019, 09:02 PM)deronjohn Wrote: Bronson
[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
I probably default to being a loyal homer until enough evidence mounts for me to stop defending someone or trying to argue for why I still have hope. My default mode is hope.

So I didn't give up on the idea of DSJ being a good player for the Mavs until he went AWOL. 

There was evidence that, if he did what RC told him to do, that he could become a good player. Maybe with Luka, RC envisioned a Delon type player for DSJ. 

But DSJ wanted his own team, and didn't want to be coached or molded. Too bad for DSJ, and maybe good for us. 

Though I think Dennis would have been traded for KP even if he had not gone AWOL.
Like Reply
DSJ looks like he wants to cry on the post game interview

https://twitter.com/TheRenderNBA/status/1188290021725372416?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1188290021725372416&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.realgm.com%2Fboards%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D1901136
Like Reply
Really hope that he can turn it around but it is not looking good. Emanuel Mudiay for example was in a similiar situation and signed a minimum deal with the Jazz after his rookie contract was over and is a solid 20 minutes per game bench scorer for them this season.
He needs to get out of NY and accept a lesser role.

If he stays in the league I wouldn´t be suprised to see him back in Dallas in a couple of years.
Like Reply
Wow.

I turned sour on DSJ when he pulled that stunt of his before the KP trade.  But before that I was probably one of his most ardent supporters. Even though his basketball wasn't perfect while he was here, he was certainly entertaining and showed flashes of brilliance. 

I think New York was one of the worst places for him to go, and after seeing what happened tonight I feel for him. Which is saying something because DSJ basically betrayed the Mavs with his selfish sit-out stunt. But tonight he literally got booed by what was supposed to be his own fans and people chanting for his main competitor for minutes. He hasn't played well for them, but I feel most of that has to do with how they're using him. 

There is no structure on the Knicks, especially for guards. Dennis had a defined role here and I think that made him excel. I wonder if DSJ wishes he can come back to Dallas and try to play whatever role they need, instead of wallowing away in the purgatory that is the Knicks.

I'd take him back if the Knicks give up one of the picks we gave them in the KP trade, which I know would never happen, but imagine how funny it'd be if it did.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Damn Knicks fans. This is why you don't deserve to have a good team.

I'm rooting for DSJ. Hope he gets traded to a team that will accept him and allow him to grow.
Like Reply
You think DSJ is bad, Frankie can't even get on the court.   Both are total busts
Like Reply
(10-26-2019, 08:57 PM)deronjohn Wrote: Crazy how him and Wesley Matthews were our starting backcourt
Talk about talent deficiency 

Rick deserves credit for us not being the worst team in the league
You should be hesitant to trade for Mavs players or sign em. Usually Rick made them look better than they really are. Or the next coach isn't getting the same out of the player. Wether its Yogi, McDermott or DSJ. In the past (Barea -> Wolves).

Imo Rick had the best idea for DSJ to mold him into a Bledseo type player, hard nosed defender who uses his athletic ability.

Other than that he looks injured (i read multiple times from Knicks fans that he has back issues), not sure why he is even playing.
Like Reply
[Image: c94c5567fdcf.png]
Like Reply
When we drafted him I thought we had a future star. Turns out he will probably be a career back up now.
Like Reply
(10-27-2019, 10:14 AM)Mavericks321 Wrote: When we drafted him I thought we had a future star. Turns out he will probably be a career back up now.

He clearly has the yips, which is ironic considering his best friend in the NBA is Markelle Fultz.

Maybe they worked on their shots together this offseason? 

Personally I think DSJ's athleticism will help him eventually find a nice role for himself.

Or he could wind up the next Trey Burke.
Like Reply
Sucks, man. Now New York fans are saying he has the Yips. You know he misses Dallas with his Texas Rangers hat. That's him basically acknowledging that his consciousness misses the Dallas love he had over here. Grass isn't always greener on the other side. He had a great opportunity here.
Like Reply