Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(08-11-2021, 05:26 PM)cow Wrote: I don't love Doc but he is 10x the coach that Kidd is.  I just want Curry back.

I don't know how good or bad of a coach Kidd is after his stint in LA. However, I'm well-versed in how abominable Rivers is. If Kidd isn't a superior coach to him now, then 1) he learned nothing in LA, 2) we really pooped the bed worse than I could possibly imagine, and 3) we're doomed.
Like Reply
If I am Portland and Philly gives me Simmons, Korkmaz, Maxey, Thybulle, Joe, Springer, Petrusev for Lillard/DJJ, I´d probably do it. That Philly roster has some ridiculous young talent besides Simmons.

Maxey and Korkmaz could be 15 PPG scorers as early as next year. Thybulle, Covington, Simmons and Nurkic might be the best defensive unit in the league.
Like Reply
https://www.basketballnews.com/stories/e...en-simmons
Like Reply
(08-11-2021, 08:44 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I don't know how good or bad of a coach Kidd is after his stint in LA. However, I'm well-versed in how abominable Rivers is. If Kidd isn't a superior coach to him now, then 1) he learned nothing in LA, 2) we really pooped the bed worse than I could possibly imagine, and 3) we're doomed.

If abominable is how you'd describe Rivers, and I'd barely argue that, I'd hate how to see how you describe Kidd's resume.  Kidd was out of the league for a reason and until he proves otherwise, he's an absolute failure as a head coach.
Like Reply
(08-11-2021, 08:55 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: If I am Portland and Philly gives me Simmons, Korkmaz, Maxey, Thybulle, Joe, Springer, Petrusev for Lillard/DJJ, I´d probably do it. That Philly roster has some ridiculous young talent besides Simmons.

Maxey and Korkmaz could be 15 PPG scorers as early as next year. Thybulle, Covington, Simmons and Nurkic might be the best defensive unit in the league.

Are any of the Maxey, Thybulle, Korkmaz, Joe, Springer, Petrusev group franchise changing talents??  Hell no.

But that list of names right there is just a further indictment on the Mavs FO and their complete disinterest most of the time and incompetence when they actually decided to make some picks and not do Satnam bits.

I don't know if this incarnation of Philly wins a chip but if they do...you can bet that names from that list will be contributors and/or pieces used to acquire contributors.
[-] The following 2 users Like MaxiThreeba's post:
  • Mavs2021, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(08-11-2021, 09:53 PM)cow Wrote: If abominable is how you'd describe Rivers, and I'd barely argue that, I'd hate how to see how you describe Kidd's resume.  Kidd was out of the league for a reason and until he proves otherwise, he's an absolute failure as a head coach.

Not sure how 'assistant on a championship team' = 'out of the league'?
[-] The following 2 users Like Arioch's post:
  • Scott41theMavs, TXBamanut
Like Reply
(08-11-2021, 10:28 PM)Arioch Wrote: Not sure how 'assistant on a championship team' = 'out of the league'?

We are talking about head coaching.  Something Doc has been since '99.
Like Reply
Forget Lauri, the guy we should be chasing is Larry Nance Jr. He could start next to KP. Very good defender (disruptor, forces turnovers very frequently - we were very bad in this category for 2 years now), can play small ball five and guard multiple positions, good lob threat/rim-rolling, can pass/rebound and fits into our TPE. If we're serious about competing, we should make a move for him since it doesn't seem like he's hard to get.

Green for Nance (TPE);
Get Dragic (trade Powell/Terry/2nd or buyout, don't matter);

Luka/Brunson
Dragic/THJ
DFS/Bullock
Nance/Kleber
KP/WCS
[-] The following 1 user Likes HAguiar95's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(08-12-2021, 01:11 PM)HAguiar95 Wrote: the guy we should be chasing is Larry Nance Jr. He could start next to KP

I 100% agree that he is theoretically a much better fit next to KP than LM.

But we don't know if the Mavs are truly building their roster with KP in mind. So we need to think about all their decisions in light of BOTH KP being around OR him being gone.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • KillerLeft, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(08-12-2021, 01:13 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I 100% agree that he is theoretically a much better fit next to KP than LM.

But we don't know if the Mavs are truly building their roster with KP in mind. So we need to think about all their decisions in light of BOTH KP being around OR him being gone.

Not to mention that it seems like he has been on the block since the TDL and nobody has bitten. Not sure if that's due to the asking price or maybe because the league knows something about him we don't (see Schroder) but there was an article from a few weeks back that made it seem like Nance couldn't be given away. That raised my eyebrows a bit, because I, too, like his potential fit here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
(08-12-2021, 01:15 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Not to mention that it seems like he has been on the block since the TDL and nobody has bitten. Not sure if that's due to the asking price or maybe because the league knows something about him we don't (see Schroder) but there was an article from a few weeks back that made it seem like Nance couldn't be given away. That raised my eyebrows a bit, because I, too, like his potential fit here.

My favorite thing about Larry Nance Jr was when Dirk scored his 30,000th point against him.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jmaciscool's post:
  • KillerLeft, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...1347205131
Like Reply
(08-17-2021, 09:21 AM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...1347205131

A shot fired through the media... That will be interesting.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
RE: Low NBA Trade Activity

It feels to me like a lot of the NBA trade world is at a halt, waiting for the resolution of the Ben Simmons situation potentially. Maybe he is the domino that starts the rest. I am shocked POR hasn't done anything yet to appease Lillard..... feels like stuff must be brewing behind the scenes. It feels like we might get a cascade of trades in September this year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...3588891664
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1427647547628269569
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/JakeLFischer/status/...1589946379

Quote:Each of Minnesota, Golden State, Sacramento and San Antonio has been consistently linked as a top Simmons destination, yet the overwhelming sense among league insiders continues to be that Simmons, for now, is expected to remain a Sixer once training camp opens on September 28—barring a change of temperature with Damian Lillard in Portland.

Quote:Trading Simmons now for anything short of a haul that could immediately be flipped for Lillard, in the event he does request a trade, would be a devastating blow for Philadelphia's front office, and their efforts to pair Embiid with a bonafide superstar. 

But that Lillard request may not be coming anytime soon.

There's certainly a possibility Lillard arrives at training camp, looks around Portland's locker room and determines the Trail Blazers roster has not been upgraded to his satisfaction. Yet there's a stronger belief in league circles that Lillard will at least venture into the regular season under new head coach Chauncey Billups, allowing him to revisit moving elsewhere before the trade deadline.

Quote:Simmons, on the other hand, appears more than interested in playing for a new team. He expects to be traded and has not personally been in close contact with Morey, Embiid or head coach Doc Rivers this offseason, sources told Bleacher Report. Simmons' representation has further canvassed rival front offices, gauging their interest in creating a new home for the 25-year-old All-Star and this year's runner-up in Defensive Player of the Year.

Quote:Toronto, though, was never going to entertain a framework of acquiring Simmons for OG Anunoby, Fred VanVleet and the No. 4 pick, which Philadelphia pitched the weekend before July's NBA draft.

Quote:there is a faction of the Spurs front office rumored to strongly covet Simmons.

Quote:Again, all these variables likely point to Simmons sticking around Philadelphia for the foreseeable future.

There could always be an unforeseen team that emerges in the eleventh hour of this offseason to chase Simmons. Yet the NBA's summer activity has quieted. Most teams are focused on filling out their final roster spots, looking for a fourth point guard or a rangy wing to stash on their bench.

Quote:Simmons may have no real choice but to join the Sixers in September and play his way to a new destination, regardless of the icy communication that has persisted all summer, dating back to Rivers' and Embiid's post-Game 7 press conferences.

Whether Simmons is amenable to that of course remains to be seen, but Philadelphia appears prepared for that outcome. Said one veteran front office voice, "Daryl is not afraid to go into training camp with a potentially combustible situation."
Like Reply
(08-17-2021, 10:21 AM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1427647547628269569

Man, I have to say that I am glad that Rosas reign in Dallas didn't last long.
The guy has been terrible in Minnesota
[-] The following 1 user Likes khaled1987's post:
  • embellisher
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/statu...9979664390
Like Reply
(08-17-2021, 11:56 AM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/statu...9979664390
Glad Ben Simmons is practicing how to drive to the hoop when three guys overguard him on the perimeter. That's a totally real situation that will happen to him all the time.
[-] The following 5 users Like Branduil's post:
  • Arioch, fifteenth, Jmaciscool, Paul Gasol, TXBamanut
Like Reply