Poll: Who will win the game (Mavs are 2.5 pt favs)?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
80.00%
12 80.00%
Trail Blazers
20.00%
3 20.00%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
GAME 3: POR (2-1) @ DAL (2-1) | 119-121 loss
(10-28-2019, 11:45 AM)bartlettbear Wrote: Look at the out of bounds play that was  called with 8 second left on  the shot clock, 

Luka could have started up top down screened for KP, sealed his man if they switched, ball could have been entered into KP against smaller defender, who could have easily made and entry pass to luka.  Curry could have been in bounder and you  not been able to double off of him. 

The play that  called did not work, results matter

I'm not arguing against your play in general. I think throwing the ball to Luka in the block would work great. I'm just saying that Luka gets to the basket anytime he wants when he starts at the 3pt line. No reason to criticize that as a play. And Luka starting at the 3 pt line gives him the double threat of either 3 pt shot or drive. The two outcomes set each other up. 

And I'm sure as Luka's career moves forward he and Rick will be adding more to his tool box. What year of Dirk's career did Rick take over? We think of Dirk at the nail as a Dirk staple, but it was Rick who installed that.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 3: POR (2-1) @ DAL (2-1) | 119-121 loss - by fifteenth - 10-28-2019, 12:01 PM