Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Off the Radar target: Jerami Grant?
Averaged 22/5/3, and can create for himself. I would assume he'd be expendable with Cade going to Detroit. He doesn't have a large body of work so the price tag on might be low. yay or nay?
Like Reply
(07-31-2021, 03:41 PM)Roddyb3 Wrote: Averaged 22/5/3, and can create for himself. I would assume he'd be expendable with Cade going to Detroit. He doesn't have a large body of work so the price tag on might be low. yay or nay?

I'd love Grant!

The time to snag him was LAST off-season, I think.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • Scott41theMavs, StepBackJay
Like Reply
He'd be awesome here but I think the opposite of you, Grant + Cade + Bey + other young talent in DET is a solid core going forward that I think they want to see play out. Could make for some fun small ball line-ups too. 

Also, Grant willingly wanted to play in DET because of Coach Casey. Sure, the $$$ and expanded role was likely just as important but seems like he's in a happy situation. Who the hell wants to play in DET? Exactly, they'll hold onto him for dear life.
Like Reply
(07-31-2021, 03:41 PM)Roddyb3 Wrote: Averaged 22/5/3, and can create for himself. I would assume he'd be expendable with Cade going to Detroit. He doesn't have a large body of work so the price tag on might be low. yay or nay?

I must have missed the part where 1) the Mavs were willing to trade Luka or 2) had anywhere near the assets that would be necessary to snag Grant apart from Luka.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scott41theMavs's post:
  • khaled1987, StepBackJay
Like Reply
Can I ask why this guys name keeps coming up so much around here?

Does someone have a line of contact to him and they know he is willing to move on from Detroit?

Were all the stories about the reasons he chose Detroit false?

I get that we now have a black coach and GM...and he might have his usage rate lowered with Cade being drafted...

But he seemed to chose Detroit for a reason.  Even if some of those things have changed...why would he give up money(or equal money) to leave Denver to play in Detroit for a black coach and to get more touches only to leave Detroit to not get any touches with Luka?

I just dont get why this guys name keeps coming up unless someone knows something that isnt very public.

Detroit I guess could trade him if he doesnt have a no trade clause or something like that...but why piss off a player unless you know he is onboard with the change?
[-] The following 1 user Likes dynamicalVoid's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(07-31-2021, 06:31 PM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: Can I ask why this guys name keeps coming up so much around here?

Does someone have a line of contact to him and they know he is willing to move on from Detroit?

Were all the stories about the reasons he chose Detroit false?

I get that we now have a black coach and GM...and he might have his usage rate lowered with Cade being drafted...

But he seemed to chose Detroit for a reason.  Even if some of those things have changed...why would he give up money(or equal money) to leave Denver to play in Detroit for a black coach and to get more touches only to leave Detroit to not get any touches with Luka?

I just dont get why this guys name keeps coming up unless someone knows something that isnt very public.

Detroit I guess could trade him if he doesnt have a no trade clause or something like that...but why piss off a player unless you know he is onboard with the change?

We need a number 2 guy who can create for himself. THJ can put up numbers but you cant rely on him to carry your team for any stretch when Luka is out. That leaves the few guys in the league that score over 20PPG (enough to be number 2 guy) out of those players, the only "gettable" one are Jerami Grant, Christian Wood, Rozier, Sabonis, Caris Lavert, Siakam, Derozan, McCollum, SGA, Sexton, Lavine, or Beal? By process of elimination, Derozan is FA, Lavert seems unlikely, SGA unlikely, Lavine wants to stay, Beal wants to stay. That leaves C. Wood, Rozier, Sabonis, J. Grant, Sexton. I personally don't like Sexton's play style and Sabonis would clash with Kristaps. So that now leaves us with Grant, Rozier, and C. Wood. I'd take either one of those, but grant seems like the cheapest and most likely to be traded at 28 years old. C. Wood would be awesome though.
Like Reply