Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: JRich to BOS | $10.8M TPE + Moses Brown (7'1.25", 7'4.75" wingspan) to DAL
(07-30-2021, 07:40 PM)Jym Wrote: apprehensively waiting to see if we had to attach a pick 
hopefully just a magical disappearing 2nd if anything

I would be shocked if Mavs had to add something.  Boston is the one with a soon to disappear TPE. They could either use it or lose it and not get a solid rotation piece and an expiring deal that can be re-flipped.  Mavs should get a 2nd out of it.
[-] The following 2 users Like RasheedsBigWhiteSpot's post:
  • ItsGoTime, VintagePejav2
Like Reply
Btw a $10.9M trade exception fits Satoransky or Aminu, who were said to be salary dump candidates for the Bulls to generate their own Ball capspace.

I wonder whether that one little Markkanen news droplet weeks ago might have a little more substance.

We work out some S&T Kleber for Markkanen (64/4), the Bulls don´t match it and in exchange we take one of their expiring contracts into our trade
exception. Come on MBT play some chess, instead of checkers.

Kleber for Markkanen S&T.
Take Satoransky into the TPE.

Cool
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • BasketballJones41, haveitall
Like Reply
(07-30-2021, 07:45 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Btw a $10.9M trade exception fits Satoransky or Aminu, who were said to be salary dump candidates for the Bulls to generate their own Ball capspace.

I wonder whether that one little Markkanen news droplet weeks ago might have a little more substance.

We work out some S&T Kleber for Markkanen (64/4), the Bulls don´t match it and in exchange we take one of their expiring contracts into our trade

Cool

Sorry, I don't think Markannen is better than Kleiber.  I especially don't think Markkenen is $7mil a year better than Maxi AND worth taking a contract like Aminu/Sat which helps Bulls land a premiere FA like Ball.

No way.
  • embellisher, mvossman
Like Reply
(07-30-2021, 07:45 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Take Satoransky into the TPE.

LOVE this idea.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
(07-30-2021, 07:45 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Btw a $10.9M trade exception fits Satoransky or Aminu, who were said to be salary dump candidates for the Bulls to generate their own Ball capspace.

Cool
Co-sign!
Like Reply
One small additional thing I like about this trade is that it helps identify writers who really do have inside info.
https://twitter.com/MavsFilmRoom/status/...9657235461
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tyler's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
I'm still hoping Maxi can be that Maxi who played Zion just about as good as anyone can.

Zion will score 30 points a quarter against Lauri.
And I'm not even a Lauri hater.

DP + Terry instead of Maxi?

Mavs get SNT Lauri, Bulls get DP+Tyrell (Bulls need a PG)
Then on a separate deal Mavs get Sato for the TPE
[-] The following 1 user Likes Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • RasheedsBigWhiteSpot
Like Reply
(07-30-2021, 07:19 PM)Kammrath Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47bbng55wzp5ffj3f6su...=giphy.gif]

I'm so conflicted here.

I like Lowry.
I hate Lowry at 3/$90
I want to see you have a Scott style meltdown.

(07-30-2021, 07:27 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/...9848079362

trade Powell next
Like Reply
That would signify that we are not going after Lowry, right? If we use the TPE?

I’d love to get Sato and a Bulls second for the TPE. I’d be fine with Markannen for Maxi if their salaries are close (getting younger)!

That gives us the money for a Holmes or Graham deal. If we can trade Powell and JB for a lower money project (Knox?) do we have the money for both (Graham and Holmes)?
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
So crazy. I can't see any of the tweets
Like Reply
(07-30-2021, 08:14 PM)fifteenth Wrote: So crazy. I can't see any of the tweets

You should talk to a moderator.
[-] The following 3 users Like RasheedsBigWhiteSpot's post:
  • fifteenth, ItsGoTime, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Donnie definitely would have just tossed a couple of 2nd-rounders into this trade for no reason
[-] The following 2 users Like Branduil's post:
  • fifteenth, VintagePejav2
Like Reply
(07-30-2021, 08:17 PM)RasheedsBigWhiteSpot Wrote: You should talk to a moderator.

How's that help if he can't see?
Like Reply
(07-30-2021, 07:56 PM)Tyler Wrote: One small additional thing I like about this trade is that it helps identify writers who really do have inside info.

Yep, Jake Fischer's sources are as good as anyone in the "second tier" of NBA reporters. People need to stop doubting him on here.
Like Reply
I told everyone the Seth Curry deal was terrible.

Looks like the boards ate my previous post.  I saw it and when I refreshed it was gone.
Like Reply
Also, there would have been no reason to wait on the Sato TPE trade if we were going to do it, so I don't think that is happening. Could have just been a 3 team trade. JRich to Bos, Sato to Dal, TPE to Chi.
Like Reply
(07-30-2021, 08:29 PM)Branduil Wrote: Donnie definitely would have just tossed a couple of 2nd-rounders into this trade for no reason

Probably. The ONE thing I hope this new front office understands is that picks are currency in today's NBA. You can't just be throwing away picks willy nilly and you need to get back picks from any deal you can. You need a stockpile of picks to choose from because they are what grease the wheels to get big deals done.
[-] The following 4 users Like sterlingmallory's post:
  • ItsGoTime, khaled1987, RasheedsBigWhiteSpot, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(07-30-2021, 08:17 PM)RasheedsBigWhiteSpot Wrote: You should talk to a moderator.

Dude, great idea! Which one would you suggest?

(07-30-2021, 08:29 PM)loki Wrote: How's that help if he can't see?

EXACTLY!!! I'LL NEVER KNOW WHAT NICO DID!!!!!! 
:-(
Like Reply
(07-30-2021, 08:39 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Dude, great idea! Which one would you suggest?

I'll tweet my answer.
  • fifteenth, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(07-30-2021, 08:52 PM)RasheedsBigWhiteSpot Wrote: I'll tweet my answer.

Cry
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • RasheedsBigWhiteSpot
Like Reply