Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: JRich to BOS | $10.8M TPE + Moses Brown (7'1.25", 7'4.75" wingspan) to DAL
Still plenty of players out there, that can improve our roster depth. All just a question of how much we pay for them.

Players like

Oladipo
Dragic
Schroeder
Oubre
Fournier
Portis
Winslow
Mills
Ball
Markkanen
Theis
Noel
Z. Collins
Monk
Graham
Korkmaz
Hart
Hartenstein
THT
Diallo
Robinson
Nunn
Wagner

plus trade options.

If I can get Korkmaz, Oubre, Oladipo for $30-35M instead of Lowry and two minimum guys, then I probably do that. Oladipo is so hard to call. If you told me gets 20M on a one year deal I believe you. If you told me he got the minimum, I believe you, too. Impossible to call what his value is. Similarly I think Oubre, Schroeder and Markkanen could go anywhere from MLE to 20M. And some of these guys will have to settle for the MLE. maybe even less.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
Looking forward to Moses Brown being coached in Summer League by his predraft comp:

From DraftExpress “Brown, at age 17, already compares favorably physically to the 2001 version of Tyson Chandler, who measured 7'0 ½ in shoes with a 7'3 wingspan, a 9'2 standing reach and 224-pound frame at the NBA Draft Combine, at a little over a year older at the same stage.”

I can see why Brown might be a Kidd-guy. Let’s hope Coach Chandler rubs off on him.
[-] The following 4 users Like vfromlmf's post:
  • fifteenth, Hogmelon, Hypermav, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(08-01-2021, 12:35 AM)vfromlmf Wrote: Looking forward to Moses Brown being coached in Summer League by his predraft comp:

From DraftExpress “Brown, at age 17, already compares favorably physically to the 2001 version of Tyson Chandler, who measured 7'0 ½ in shoes with a 7'3 wingspan, a 9'2 standing reach and 224-pound frame at the NBA Draft Combine, at a little over a year older at the same stage.”

I can see why Brown might be a Kidd-guy. Let’s hope Coach Chandler rubs off on him.

Yeah, I wonder if he plays in the summer league.  I believe he was expectant to play with the Celtics Summer league team.   For the first time in quite some time, Dallas has a lot of interesting guys on their summer league team.  I guess we had Dennis Smith Jr in the past, but most of the time I had no interest in almost all of our summer league players.    Even the guys who are long shots to get Two way slots are interesting to me this year.
Like Reply
https://media.giphy.com/media/2mzOkV1gI3.../giphy.gif
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
[-] The following 2 users Like ClutchDirk's post:
  • fifteenth, haveitall
Like Reply
(08-01-2021, 12:35 AM)vfromlmf Wrote: Looking forward to Moses Brown being coached in Summer League by his predraft comp:

Is Chandler announced as a coach? I missed that tweet.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/14...4807639043
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Moses Brown had a game earlier this season with OKC vs the Clippers where he scored 24 pts, 18 rebs on 12-19 shooting. He's not a good 3 pt shooter, but I suspect that he could become one.  He has POtential for sure. Actually, I thought Boston was keeping him since they don't have a dearth of bigs.  But I guess getting a wing was more important since it's unlikely they sign Fournier to the 80-90 million dollar deal he's seeking.
Like Reply