Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New board at SI
https://twitter.com/dalton_trigg/status/...5539969029
Like Reply
I wonder if after 2 years Fish realized that having a group 300+ members posting is actually good for business. Was shocked he didn't place more of an importance on it when he initially moved. 

I for one am comfortable here.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(07-22-2021, 02:47 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I for one am comfortable here.

Imo, this is the best version of our community, by far. And I don't go back to the first one, but I've been around since Yuku, so that's at least 3 iterations, I think.
Like Reply
(07-22-2021, 02:47 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I wonder if after 2 years Fish realized that having a group 300+ members posting is actually good for business. Was shocked he didn't place more of an importance on it when he initially moved. 

I for one am comfortable here.

It is not the board format that makes the board, it is the people. If they will be super active in discussions and posting some interesting of the record stuff, people might transfer there. If not, why would one change scenery?

Of course as a community we can also have another viewpoint - stay here and keep paying the costs or transfer there and free ride.
[-] The following 2 users Like omahen's post:
  • ClutchDirk, HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
(07-22-2021, 02:54 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Imo, this is the best version of our community, by far. And I don't go back to the first one, but I've been around since Yuku, so that's at least 3 iterations, I think.

This. I think I joined the community in 2012 or 2013. When we first moved to @"Magickian" (now @"StepBackJay" )  new site it was a revelation. Things that used to be super difficult on previous boards turned into one click solutions. Features we asked for that couldn´t be added on the previous board were added within a couple of hours. It wasn´t even a problem. Moving to an independent member/user run formate was the best thing that could have happened to the community. In hindsight we should have done it when Fish moved the board to 247.
Like Reply
No question in my mind, MavsBoard should be here to stay!
[-] The following 7 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • BasketballJones41, ClutchDirk, Jannemann2, khaled1987, LifeAquatic, michaeltex, StepBackJay
Like Reply
I would hope that not a single poster here would take their "talents" - and their input - to the SI board. I'm not interested in sitting on two boards. This one is active enough.
[-] The following 8 users Like Scott41theMavs's post:
  • BasketballJones41, BigDirk41, burekemde, ClutchDirk, fifteenth, ItsGoTime, khaled1987, markus1234
Like Reply
Not going. Not after how I was treated by Mike Fisher. No f’ing way man.
[-] The following 8 users Like VintagePejav2's post:
  • BigDirk41, burekemde, ClutchDirk, haveitall, khaled1987, markus1234, Scott41theMavs, SwisherPrice
Like Reply
This is the best board/Community not just in basketball but in all of sports. I’m not going anywhere. I’ll be here advocating for Markkanen forever!
[-] The following 4 users Like BasketballJones41's post:
  • BigDirk41, ClutchDirk, ItsGoTime, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
When we first moved to SI, we tried to do DBcom Boards right off the bat, but the formatting was so different & confusing that we just axed it all together. It’s going to be much cleaner & easier to use this time around.

I call BS...SI/Maven did not want to accommodate us having a board we would enjoy posting too...and this was said after days after begging for an answer several times a day...in fact we got that answer after I posted a ban worthy gif on SI along with others posts...Magick offered to give Fish the board he created but was turned down...

Now they realize they have no articles to steal based on our community and its great posters...

https://media.giphy.com/media/12NlCFUvTokWXe/giphy.gif
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
[-] The following 3 users Like ClutchDirk's post:
  • BigDirk41, markus1234, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(07-22-2021, 03:21 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I would hope that not a single poster here would take their "talents" - and their input - to the SI board. I'm not interested in sitting on two boards. This one is active enough.

[Image: cowcesion.jpg]
[-] The following 5 users Like cow's post:
  • BigDirk41, ClutchDirk, fifteenth, SleepingHero, VintagePejav2
Like Reply
https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6wroXxPs.../giphy.gif
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
[-] The following 4 users Like ClutchDirk's post:
  • Benskix2, fifteenth, KillerLeft, ThisIStheYear
Like Reply
F U Fish and your clickbait articles, Google ads and banning people you disagree with because it makes you feel powerful.

You had a chance to keep us around but it's too late now. We run shit now.
Like Reply
I feel like I'm already doing enough to support Fish by not immediately turning off my radio when he comes on.  He can just come here if he needs to mine us for content.
[-] The following 2 users Like Benskix2's post:
  • ClutchDirk, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(07-22-2021, 05:33 PM)Benskix2 Wrote: I feel like I'm already doing enough to support Fish by not immediately turning off my radio when he comes on.  He can just come here if he needs to mine us for content.

LOL he already does
[-] The following 2 users Like StepBackJay's post:
  • ClutchDirk, VintagePejav2
Like Reply
When I saw that tweet, I thought "They already are back, better than they have been in several iterations, and have been for a while...haven't you heard?"
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
[-] The following 7 users Like TXBamanut's post:
  • ClutchDirk, fifteenth, khaled1987, KillerLeft, michaeltex, Scott41theMavs, VintagePejav2
Like Reply
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Hypermav's post:
  • ClutchDirk, Scott41theMavs, StepBackJay
Like Reply
Way too late for him , and what is the incentive for members here to move there? 

Wishing them nothing but good luck, despite never agreeing with anything Fisher said in my 12 years in the community I appreciate that he helped creating it. Won't blame anyone if he wants to check it there. 

But as mentioned above, this is a simple forum, easy to use, well run and plenty of features. No one is "forcing" his narrative over others either and all of the admins are very well respected.
[-] The following 4 users Like khaled1987's post:
  • ClutchDirk, ItsGoTime, SleepingHero, StepBackJay
Like Reply
(07-22-2021, 02:55 PM)omahen Wrote: It is not the board format that makes the board, it is the people. If they will be super active in discussions and posting some interesting of the record stuff, people might transfer there. If not, why would one change scenery?

Of course as a community we can also have another viewpoint - stay here and keep paying the costs or transfer there and free ride.

This board will always be free and we aren't going to pin clickbait articles or run 5 google ads. EVER. We have the posters, they had a chance to keep the community on their website and they blew it.
[-] The following 4 users Like StepBackJay's post:
  • BasketballJones41, ClutchDirk, ElbowJ, khaled1987
Like Reply
(07-22-2021, 05:52 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: When I saw that tweet, I thought "They already are back, better than they have been in several iterations, and have been for a while...haven't you heard?"

I guess they were too busy pumping out Houston Texan articles.
Like Reply