Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New board at SI
(07-23-2021, 06:02 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: KillerLeft is actually THE David Lord. Makes so much sense now.

I wish. Not that I was he, because I don't know anything about him, really, but that I could cut straight to the heart of things in writing the way he does. He's a pretty gifted arguer.
Like Reply
In the end, aren't we all D Lord?
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • ClutchDirk, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(07-23-2021, 05:51 PM)Jommybone Wrote: The Fish resentment surprises me. Was he actually rude to someone? I thought he just got snookered like everybody else who thought they were inking a deal with Sports Illustrated only to have Maven swoop in and turn it into the clickbait crap it is today. They wouldn’t support his board. He had a contract to fulfill. What’s a guy to do? 

DLord, on the other hand, actually calls himself DLORD. So yeah, I for one can understand why there might be some reaction to the, um, attitude implicit in many of his posts over there. No clue who he might be here.
Some like me was not happy that we would ask questions on what was going on regarding the board and not get any response but Fish had time to comment on BB posts...

My list goes on further but that info came from private PMs with other posters and I cannot reveal that info without banning myself immediately for telling what someone said in private and lose my credibility with some posters...I can say or dozen or so posters in a private chat decided we waited long enough and said we would stay on Magick's site instead...and we went to work on getting it going...most everyone else also moved for their own reasons...

I'm not mad for Fish trying to better himself...Im mad that the board content from our best in class posters he made money off of was not important enough to say I'm trying to get an answer from SI or if he did know sooner that the board would not change to a forum style...

I will not be happy anytime someone disrespects my Mavs family and will disown them...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
[-] The following 1 user Likes ClutchDirk's post:
  • StepBackJay
Like Reply
(07-23-2021, 06:08 PM)cow Wrote: In the end, aren't we all D Lord?

We are all Lords of our own D.
Like Reply
(07-23-2021, 06:43 PM)Benskix2 Wrote: We are all Lords of our own D.

wrong...we have no D and are referred to as the Allas Mavs... Big Grin
Like Reply
(07-23-2021, 06:08 PM)cow Wrote: In the end, aren't we all D Lord?
Not me, I’m Spartacus!
Like Reply
(07-22-2021, 08:23 PM)sterlingmallory Wrote: I have lurked and posted on these boards here and there under various usernames for years now and I like this version of the board the best. I'm not really inclined to go back. Not to mention, Fish is a hack and DLord, while very knowledgeable about cap matters, was absolutely insufferable. He was always talking down to someone about something. He was such a prick that pretended he was so much smarter than everyone else. Dan is so much better as a resident cap expert.

I've been on iterations of DB.com for nearly twenty years.  It's the many great people, personalities and collective joy and suffering as fans of a team that has always kept me around

I think my stance on Fish is pretty clear (yes, he's a hack).  And I agree with the sentiment that his former site's success was in large part due to the many nameless, faceless people that made up the board.

Good and bad, I find Dan and DLord to be one in the same.
Like Reply
I don't post much anymore on any board but I was one of the first posters on dallas-mavs.com (20 years ago)

I only found you guys when your site crashed for awhile and some of you came to that board. I looked you up afterwards and decided to read a thread or two. I post at both places irregularly
[-] The following 2 users Like MFFL's post:
  • ClutchDirk, StepBackJay
Like Reply
@"F Gump" is our version of D Lord - I don't think he is actually D Lord but I hope he takes it as a compliment that he is DLord-like. I don't know how he knows so much ab the CBA but I am glad he sets us straight. Dan of course is great along with many others. We are glad you are all here helping keep our Mavs community together.
[-] The following 2 users Like StepBackJay's post:
  • ClutchDirk, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
https://dallasbasketballforums.com/index.php
Like Reply
(07-23-2021, 06:36 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: My list goes on further but that info came from private PMs with other posters and I cannot reveal that info without banning myself immediately for telling what someone said in private and lose my credibility with some posters...I can say or dozen or so posters in a private chat decided we waited long enough and said we would stay on Magick's site instead...and we went to work on getting it going...most everyone else also moved for their own reasons...

The idea that you would have to immediately ban yourself makes me laugh! Thanks for the info and the chuckle. (And I’m still trying to figure out how to prepare for Dame.)

(07-23-2021, 05:52 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: That's because his name is David Lord.

Even Don King knew better than to do this.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jommybone's post:
  • ClutchDirk
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/KirkSeriousFace/stat...36867?s=20
Like Reply
(07-25-2021, 01:31 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/KirkSeriousFace/stat...36867?s=20

Woah! What did D Trigg do? Can't remember him being offensive! What kind if things does Twitter ban for anyway, besides spreading misinformation as a world leader?
Like Reply
(07-25-2021, 10:48 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://dallasbasketballforums.com/index.php

It's official! So 2 years later they finally launch something they could have easily launched...2 years ago. Maybe would have kept the community together. Oh well. Honestly I don't know why they are wasting time with them. If I were them I would focus on like Locker room app chat, Patreon, Youtube Live type of stuff.
Like Reply
(07-25-2021, 03:19 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: It's official! So 2 years later they finally launch something they could have easily launched...2 years ago. Maybe would have kept the community together. Oh well. Honestly I don't know why they are wasting time with them. If I were them I would focus on like Locker room app chat, Patreon, Youtube Live type of stuff.

The original db.com was Fish starting his own business. SI.com was Fish actually getting paid. I can't criticize a business decision like that, even if the SI platform didn't allow for the forum to continue.
[-] The following 2 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • Jannemann2, SwisherPrice
Like Reply
A lot of people used to sh*t on Mike Fisher( ie about 90% of the posters at Dallas-Mavs.com) but at least he actually tried to give fans access to the Mavs.  The Mav reporting outside of Stein was putrid for a long time.  And there was never any damn news on the Mavs because everyone was always focused on the sh*tty Cowboys.

So I will always be grateful for what he did.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bayliss's post:
  • fifteenth, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(07-25-2021, 04:56 PM)fifteenth Wrote: even if the SI platform didn't allow for the forum to continue.
All he had  to do was say that though. Instead he lead us on to think a message board was not far off…2 years later.

I don’t blame him for making the move. I blame him for not owning up to what he was actually doing.
Like Reply
Any truth to the allegation that dallasbasketball.com was owned by Mark Cuban???

Second question:

We're we saying that Flame was indeed Patricia Bender???
Like Reply
(07-25-2021, 05:19 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: All he had  to do was say that though. Instead he lead us on to think a message board was not far off…2 years later.

I don’t blame him for making the move. I blame him for not owning up to what he was actually doing.

I think he falsely believed two things: that we would adjust to the SI platform,  and that SI would allow db.com tech savvy folks to help mold the SI platform. 

He was wrong. But he wanted it to work,  and he's part salesman, and he wanted to convince us it would work. Like I said, he was wrong. But not sure all that is equal to the beating he takes here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • Jannemann2
Like Reply
(07-25-2021, 05:58 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I think he falsely believed two things: that we would adjust to the SI platform,  and that SI would allow db.com tech savvy folks to help mold the SI platform. 

He was wrong. But he wanted it to work,  and he's part salesman, and he wanted to convince us it would work. Like I said, he was wrong. But not sure all that is equal to the beating he takes here.

I think that´s not only about the end of the last board but also about his content. I know that he needs to make some money but his content turned into 100% clickbait. No news. No breakdowns. No insight/leaks. A lot of Cowboys coverage and a few rushed articles when the Mavs are in the news (draft/trade deadline/playoffs).
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Jannemann2
Like Reply