Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New board at SI
I have lurked and posted on these boards here and there under various usernames for years now and I like this version of the board the best. I'm not really inclined to go back. Not to mention, Fish is a hack and DLord, while very knowledgeable about cap matters, was absolutely insufferable. He was always talking down to someone about something. He was such a prick that pretended he was so much smarter than everyone else. Dan is so much better as a resident cap expert.
[-] The following 2 users Like sterlingmallory's post:
  • BasketballJones41, Jommybone
Like Reply
Good luck to them but this is the real DB board now. Whatever iteration they come up with there will just be another Dallas-Mavs.com to me (which I never posted at)
[-] The following 3 users Like SwisherPrice's post:
  • BasketballJones41, markus1234, StepBackJay
Like Reply
Honestly there is nothing keeping us from writing articles and trying to get them clicks either. 

I do think we should take it easy on guys like Dalton. He didn't make the decisions that resulted in where we are now.
[-] The following 2 users Like cjeter24's post:
  • Hypermav, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(07-22-2021, 08:49 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: Honestly there is nothing keeping us from writing articles and trying to get them clicks either. 

I do think we should take it easy on guys like Dalton. He didn't make the decisions that resulted in where we are now.
Ya, this is still in the works (in my mind), albeit slow going. 

- The fact that Dan didn't write off the idea of a podcast is very promising to me (would love to hear if mavsluvr isn't too busy with a podcast of his own and being a guest on so many other podcasts on top of doing the TV broadcasts if he would like to join Dan). 

- As far as actual articles, the thought of a page to display the daily/weekly posts of the day/week and mavsluvr's game recaps is a start. 

- Figuring out how to make a bit of money on this board so we can run monetary awarded contests and challenges (game tickets and apparel). Getting sponsors for said podcast to pay the casters and bring in money for the board to keep it healthy.

- Getting press passes would be another fun way to award posters too!

- Having board social media accounts could be fun.

- We're already a 1 stop shop for Mavs news, just need to make the news ourselves!
Like Reply
Hate to act like the Dad around here, but kids, we can love it here and praise this place without having to bash folks.
[-] The following 2 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • ClutchDirk, ReunionMav
Like Reply
(07-22-2021, 08:49 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: Honestly there is nothing keeping us from writing articles and trying to get them clicks either. 

Heck, "we" may be able to "pay" more than SI.  Smile    

I don't hold any negative feelings for Fish or DLord.  I was bummed that it wouldn't work the old way at first but this is working out pretty well here.  Its all good.  Life moves on for the MFFL.

In fact, I wish they would post here under their real names and let the opinions fly.  That goes for you too Followill or at least take the mask off. 

[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 5 users Like Hypermav's post:
  • ClutchDirk, ItsGoTime, KillerLeft, ReunionMav, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
A brief history - https://www.mavsboard.com/showthread.php?tid=52
Like Reply
(07-22-2021, 09:42 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Hate to act like the Dad around here, but kids, we can love it here and praise this place without having to bash folks.

Right its insulting though that they come up with this 2 years later after deleting the old forum out of the blue. I know Fish had his reasons but they didn't give a shit about the forums because it didn't work in their business model. So here we are running things on our own and now they want to try to throw up a forum out of nowhere. No thanks.
Like Reply
I just went to SI.com and a popup asked me if I wanted to allow notifications for SI...glad I have that blocker...

Ad and spam free is what I love...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
[-] The following 7 users Like ClutchDirk's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, Jannemann2, KillerLeft, LifeAquatic, Scott41theMavs, SleepingHero, StepBackJay
Like Reply
(07-22-2021, 09:19 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Ya, this is still in the works (in my mind), albeit slow going. 

- The fact that Dan didn't write off the idea of a podcast is very promising to me (would love to hear if mavsluvr isn't too busy with a podcast of his own and being a guest on so many other podcasts on top of doing the TV broadcasts if he would like to join Dan). 

- As far as actual articles, the thought of a page to display the daily/weekly posts of the day/week and mavsluvr's game recaps is a start. 

- Figuring out how to make a bit of money on this board so we can run monetary awarded contests and challenges (game tickets and apparel). Getting sponsors for said podcast to pay the casters and bring in money for the board to keep it healthy.

- Getting press passes would be another fun way to award posters too!

- Having board social media accounts could be fun.

- We're already a 1 stop shop for Mavs news, just need to make the news ourselves!

Definitely need some to tweet things to get attention to this site...I myself hate social media.and do not have a Twitter handle...

I also need to figure out how to make a new homepage if the software allows it and have our top posters writing articles and thought exercises along with the best in business game recaps...my skills are also not that great at doing this software of java and other programming language...
Like Reply
(07-22-2021, 09:42 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Hate to act like the Dad around here, but kids, we can love it here and praise this place without having to bash folks.

It wasn´t a grown up divorce where both sides decided that moving on is the best decision for all parts involved. Fish gave the community the finger. We moved on and thanks to some awesome members the board is bigger and better than ever. No need to play it nice. We don´t need him and he probably realized that an active community generates clicks and views. No need to feel bad for any of them. Especially Fish. He made his bed and joined one of the worst companies in the sports media world, now he must lie in it.
Like Reply

I'll tweet LeBron an apology.
[-] The following 3 users Like cow's post:
  • ClutchDirk, fifteenth, ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(07-22-2021, 08:23 PM)sterlingmallory Wrote: I have lurked and posted on these boards here and there under various usernames for years now and I like this version of the board the best. I'm not really inclined to go back. Not to mention, Fish is a hack and DLord, while very knowledgeable about cap matters, was absolutely insufferable. He was always talking down to someone about something. He was such a prick that pretended he was so much smarter than everyone else. Dan is so much better as a resident cap expert.

Be nice to DLord. He allegedly posts here and I like his stuff.
[-] The following 5 users Like Scott41theMavs's post:
  • BasketballJones41, fifteenth, ItsGoTime, michaeltex, ReunionMav
Like Reply
DLord is the man. Nothing bad to say about him, whatsoever. 

We owe our relationship with one another to Fish and his site, so that's cool, too. 

I'm not trying to bash anyone - I'm just done with clickbait as a general principle. It's tough to avoid completely because there's so much of it out there, but I'm done seeking it out or paying for it. During the two years I didn't participate in this community, I learned just as much about basketball as I did back when I was reading those articles everyday, maybe more. What I missed was all of you.
[-] The following 8 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BasketballJones41, fifteenth, ItsGoTime, LifeAquatic, markus1234, ReunionMav, Scott41theMavs, StepBackJay
Like Reply
(07-22-2021, 10:14 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Be nice to DLord. He allegedly posts here and I like his stuff.
I’m taking back my like due to DLord slander. I didn’t finish reading the whole thing before I upvoted it.
Like Reply
(07-22-2021, 08:16 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I guess they were too busy pumping out Houston Texan articles.

Fish was spotted washing the Equipment Manager's automobile...
[-] The following 1 user Likes ClutchDirk's post:
  • StepBackJay
Like Reply
So I will take my two cent shot here...
It took me a LONG time to try db.com, because how Fish started plugging his site as a member on LMF struck me as really shallow. 

I came to db.com primarily looking for Richard after a TERRIBLE experience on LMF - like personal attacks - in 2006, and I had about 10 years of investment in that community from the time of the DMN boards. The first board change was when the DMN shut down their boards following a bomb threat.

By the time I got there Rings was on his way out (like within a matter of days) and I was in limbo. I stuck with db.com as my primary read but not much of a poster, for a couple of years.

I followed from Yuku to 24/7 and actually had good conversations with Fish, but couldn't follow to SI because it was not what I needed as a board. I don't need Cowboy articles and the SI model rewards Fish for those more so than Mav content.

I am here but I will not go back, and I feel much the same as I did 15 years ago where Fish has made a decision based on $>people. I don't blame him for that now, but I am happy to magickian for having a choice. I would love to go back to LMF but the community is not as vibrant/vivacious or any other adjective that means alive and a LARGE part of that is that LMF and his mods didn't respond when needed going back to the Sportsonly iteration of his board.

All of that to say Thank You to Magick and the mods here who help keep the train on the tracks.
[-] The following 5 users Like SkenfromLMF's post:
  • BasketballJones41, ClutchDirk, Dahlsim, ItsGoTime, StepBackJay
Like Reply
(07-22-2021, 08:23 PM)sterlingmallory Wrote: Dan is so much better as a resident cap expert.

Yeah, as long as accuracy isn't overly important.  Ironic you wrote this on a day DL caught me in another capology mistake.  He's made a mistake or two over the years, but I've made ten times that.
Like Reply
(07-22-2021, 11:14 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Yeah, as long as accuracy isn't overly important.  Ironic you wrote this on a day DL caught me in another capology mistake.  He's made a mistake or two over the years, but I've made ten times that.

Don't worry buddy, I'm hear to post mistakes so everyone looks better by comparison.

Not One, Not Two, Not Three, Not Four, Not Five....mistakes...per day.
[-] The following 7 users Like cow's post:
  • BasketballJones41, ClutchDirk, DanSchwartzgan, fifteenth, khaled1987, michaeltex, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(07-22-2021, 11:19 PM)cow Wrote: Not One, Not Two, Not Three, Not Four, Not Five....mistakes...per day.

You're on a real "the decision" kick today!
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply