Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Pippen interview with Dan Patrick
He's just mad because his ex is on a world tour of NBA players.
Like Reply
(06-29-2021, 02:36 AM)Jommybone Wrote: I dunno, man. That sounds a lot like Jordan to me.

I don't think so, especially when you look at the video...you can't understand what he said because he whispered it with a Gatorade cup in front of his face.  When you watch the video, it's Kerr who blurts out, "I'll be ready!" and when Kerr tells about the story, he says "Yeah, Michael mumbled it to me, and he knew the cameras were on us because they were always on us.  I'm the oblivious one who just yells out "I'll be ready"."  He said that like MJ was trying to hide telling him without the cameras knowing, and Kerr shot his mouth off. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNKs2G4Skx8&ab_channel=JORDAN-PEDIA

More full explanation about what they knew before
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB_Q2wnHg4s&ab_channel=JORDAN-PEDIA
To me, Michael trying to gain an advantage, not having others know the play they were about to run, makes a whole lot more sense than this massive ego that was so calculating that at the end of the game, with the game on the line, this historically overly competitive controlling guy that he is, that he was risking his legacy on Kerr making the shot and that somehow turning into this awesome story that added to his legacy.  That's kind of a crazy hindsight re-caste, rather than a real explanation.   it wasn't like they ran that 5 times for the cameras. 

How could it have been rehearsed as Pippen said?  Unless the entire game was scripted out and they knew at half time that the score would be that and they would be in this position to rehearse that exchange between Kerr and Jordan for the purposes for publicity and the story?  That's really the only way they could actually have rehearsed that and pulled it off.  That doesn't even make sense.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
Pippen is one of my favorite players of all time but I've been pretty disappointed with him of late.  This isn't the same soft spoken dude that I grew to admire.
Like Reply
(06-29-2021, 11:52 AM)TXBamanut Wrote: ...

How could it have been rehearsed as Pippen said?  Unless the entire game was scripted out and they knew at half time that the score would be that and they would be in this position to rehearse that exchange between Kerr and Jordan for the purposes for publicity and the story?  That's really the only way they could actually have rehearsed that and pulled it off.  That doesn't even make sense.

I think Pippen's point was that the scenes on the bench and everything going on with cameras on the bench and behind the scenes was consciously planned and scripted for Jordan's production. 

It doesn't mean what actually played out on the court was scripted, more that it actually played out well for that part of what Jordan had said to Kerr on the bench. 
If as Pippen said, Stockton had not dropped down off of Kerr then the play would have played out differently and that Bench footage would not have been the big thing it became.
Like Reply
(06-29-2021, 11:04 PM)Dahlsim Wrote: I think Pippen's point was that the scenes on the bench and everything going on with cameras on the bench and behind the scenes was consciously planned and scripted for Jordan's production. 

It doesn't mean what actually played out on the court was scripted, more that it actually played out well for that part of what Jordan had said to Kerr on the bench. 
If as Pippen said, Stockton had not dropped down off of Kerr then the play would have played out differently and that Bench footage would not have been the big thing it became.

I understand that, but unlike Pippen, Jordan didn't stay on the bench and sulk.  He was fine being the facilitator if it was the best chance to win the game.  That was Patrick's point, and Pippen sidestepped it by throwing up this dust.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply