Poll: Simmons for KP straight up, do you pull the trigger?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
58.62%
34 58.62%
no
41.38%
24 41.38%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let´s have a poll: KP for Simmons straight up - are you in?
(06-20-2021, 09:50 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Simmons is at an all time low point in value, no question. This need to get rid of the ball before he gets fouled is far more worrisome to me than passing up open shots from the perimeter, because the latter can be schemed around, but NOT if the former is also true. 

However, at the end of the day, he is physically and athletically superior to 99% of the players in the league. He has extremely rare positional versatility. And, his basketball IQ is off the charts. I just don't think it's wise to close the book on a guy like that, especially during the window when they might actually be available. I think some smart team is going to perform a heist here.

Probably. He is that good on defense and wasn´t as bad on offense in the past. The FT line issues are concerning but he is shooting 60% in the regular season. Not great but just like in Giannis case it is more of a mental issue.
My biggest takeaway of the series. Doc Rivers sucks. Simmons cannot shoot. That´s common knowledge. I just cannot understand why Simmons/Howard/Thybull lineups are a thing. Even when Simmons is on the bench the spacing is terrible. Just like the Clippers last year. Iso/post up. Crash the board. Terrible offense.
Like Reply
(06-20-2021, 09:49 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Cannot really say that. Over the entire series Simmons/Embiid lineups clearly outscored the Hawks and the 76ers bench lost the series.

Simmons was +4, +10, +14, 0, +7, -7, +1. Overall +29 for the series.

It's really hard for you to keep trying to find little nuggets you can live with to say to protect the opinion of him you've been jumping up and down on, and yelling from the highest hill this whole thread.

"destroyed his confidence" -- so that's a reason that is acceptable now?  Because it sure hasn't been acceptable on the other half of this thread.

Unlike KP, whose 7 game series came against the worst possible matchup for him in the league coming off a surgery that obviously effected his movement....  Ben Simmons was guarded the entire series by defenders that he was quicker, TALLER AND HEAVIER than because he's bigger than Gallo, Collins, Williams and YOUNG.... He was completely healthy and there you go..  

I saw him DRIVE on Lou Williams and chicken out at 6 feet from the basket and jump turning to try to find someone to throw it out to...more than once.  Simmons wasn't guarded by any ace defenders this series, not one defender the quality of Morris, Leonard, George, or Batum...not one.

No...sorry, dude.  Your boy just exposed himself right in front of you when you were working so hard to defend him.

Doc Rivers was just asked "Can Ben Simmons still be a point guard on a championship team?"  and he said "I don't know the answer to that question right now."

Ben Simmons and Kristaps Porzingis are literally preparing this off-season for their NBA legacy...right here.  It is absolutely on the line for them both right now.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
(06-20-2021, 09:59 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: Doc Rivers was just asked "Can Ben Simmons still be a point guard on a championship team?"  and he said "I don't know the answer to that question right now."

I feel like the answer to that is no...but I don't want him as a PG.
Like Reply
(06-20-2021, 10:01 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I feel like the answer to that is no...but I don't want him as a PG.

I don't think he's a center either...
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
(06-20-2021, 10:01 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: I don't think he's a center either...

Forward, center, wing -- it all depends on the lineup. The main thing is to just accept that he's not a guard. He needs a fresh start.
Like Reply
(06-20-2021, 10:01 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: I don't think he's a center either...

I think he can play a little small ball center, but I don't think he's a regular, starting solution there, either. I think he's a forward, probably a 4. Teach him the screen and roll game (easier said than done, I know) and put him with a 5 who can shoot, and I think you have something. I really do. 

But yeah, giving him the ball and asking him to run the team, ESPECIALLY with Embiid, is not working. Maybe in a 5-out style that could work, but I don't know if he'll ever get the "it's your team" chance again in the NBA.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status...0316178433
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/NBAonTNT/status/1406810353992822790
Like Reply
(06-20-2021, 09:59 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: It's really hard for you to keep trying to find little nuggets you can live with to say to protect the opinion of him you've been jumping up and down on, and yelling from the highest hill this whole thread.

"destroyed his confidence" -- so that's a reason that is acceptable now?  Because it sure hasn't been acceptable on the other half of this thread.

Unlike KP, whose 7 game series came against the worst possible matchup for him in the league coming off a surgery that obviously effected his movement....  Ben Simmons was guarded the entire series by defenders that he was quicker, TALLER AND HEAVIER than because he's bigger than Gallo, Collins, Williams and YOUNG.... He was completely healthy and there you go..  

I saw him DRIVE on Lou Williams and chicken out at 6 feet from the basket and jump turning to try to find someone to throw it out to...more than once.  Simmons wasn't guarded by any ace defenders this series, not one defender the quality of Morris, Leonard, George, or Batum...not one.

No...sorry, dude.  Your boy just exposed himself right in front of you when you were working so hard to defend him.

Doc Rivers was just asked "Can Ben Simmons still be a point guard on a championship team?"  and he said "I don't know the answer to that question right now."

See. I am not into the your boy got exposed business. I watch the game. Look at the numbers. Come to my own conclusions. Was Simmons the best defender on the floor in the series? Without a doubt. His defense against Young today was among the best individual performances I have seen in the post handchecking era. Was he a liability on offense. Yes. But not for the entire game. He created good looks for his teammates. Of course he needs to finish in the paint when has open layups or dunks but I think that can be fixed. FT line issues are on him as well. Not sure if he can fix it.
The 76ers (or another team) need to figure out how to use him in the half court. Especially if he isn´t playing PF/C. Having a player in the dunkers spot when Embiid is posting up is not working. But that´s more on the coach. The spacing is just as bad when Simmons is on the bench.

I will continue to make footage and stat based arguments. Feel free to make your own. Or continue with whatever you are doing right now. I only see one person that is shouting. I also remember your deleted post. if you have any personal problems with me or my opinions you can DM me or ask a mod to look into whatever I posted to offend you.
Like Reply
I think Philly simply does not have enough offense. Adding Curry was the right decision, but they need another scorer.

Tobias Harris surely lives a quiet life in the shadow of Ben Simmons, sitting pretty on that $180M contract.

Here is his stat line for the last two home games that Philly lost by a combined 10 points:

10-35: 28.5%
2-10: 20%
6-6: 100%

Minus 16

12 PPG, 9 RPG and 3.5 APG.
Like Reply
Would add that Simmons needs to accept that he is not a true PG. Listening to some of the things he said in the past he wants to be a guard. If he wants to win that´s not going to happen without a jumpshot or at least a floater. In the modern NBA he cannot be a super sized Jason Kidd/Mark Jackson. Needs to be more of a Draymond Green/Andrej Kirilenko.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/statmuse/status/1406...34723?s=20
Like Reply
Come to Dallas, Ben.
Like Reply
(06-20-2021, 09:57 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: You talk like that's in any conceivable way a good thing. Wrong, my friend.

Look I'm not opposed to trading KP.  But I'm not trading KP AND draft capital for Ben Simmons.  Sorry.  Ben is too much of a liability on the offensive end.
Like Reply
(06-20-2021, 10:48 PM)Mavs03 Wrote: Look I'm not opposed to trading KP.  But I'm not trading KP AND draft capital for Ben Simmons.  Sorry.  Ben is too much of a liability on the offensive end.

Agreed! I would only do it straight-up. But Morey will never fall for that.
Like Reply
(06-20-2021, 10:49 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Agreed! I would only do it straight-up. But Morey will never fall for that.

If we can scrounge up a first round pick from another team, I wouldn't mind added that.  KP has one less year on his contract so there is probably value in that too.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...34272?s=20
Like Reply
What do you guys think about a 3 team trade:

POR gets: Kristaps Porzingis 
DAL gets: Ben Simmons+ Shake Milton
PHI gets: CJ McCollum + Maxi Kleber

A guy can dream right?

(06-20-2021, 09:50 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: However, at the end of the day, he is physically and athletically superior to 99% of the players in the league. He has extremely rare positional versatility. And, his basketball IQ is off the charts. I just don't think it's wise to close the book on a guy like that, especially during the window when they might actually be available. I think some smart team is going to perform a heist here.

We're going to be looking back in 5 years wondering how the heck did Ben Simmons value get so low and why no other teams tried hard to swing for him.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(06-21-2021, 12:05 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: What do you guys think about a 3 team trade:

A guy can dream right?

We're going to be looking back in 5 years wondering how the heck did Ben Simmons value get so low and why no other teams tried hard to swing for him.

I personally wouldn't trade for Ben Simmons.  I would rather go after Lonzo Ball who would be our secondary ball handler.  He's a good defender and can shoot the 3.  He can also shoot FTs (what a novel concept).  Now if you want to trade KP to Portland for CJ McCollum, I'm ok with that.  Sign Lonzo and Richuan Holmes and you have a talented roster.  Should have the MLE at your disposal as well.

Luka
McCollum
Ball (our point forward)
DFS
Holmes

Brunson
Terry
Green
Kleber
Powell

MLE = Dragic?

That's a solid team.  Would be nice if we get some contributions from the 2020 rookie class.
Like Reply
(06-21-2021, 12:05 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: What do you guys think about a 3 team trade:

A guy can dream right?

https://www.theringer.com/2021/6/21/2254...phia-76ers
Like Reply