Poll: Simmons for KP straight up, do you pull the trigger?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
58.62%
34 58.62%
no
41.38%
24 41.38%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let´s have a poll: KP for Simmons straight up - are you in?
(06-22-2021, 08:23 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Getting Dan and mavsluvr a press pass to Mavs games is a serious goal of mine! That is…if they don’t already have one…

I think they would be a great duo for a Mavsboard podcast, again, unless they already are a part of another one…

WHAT SAY YE??? 

Will you take this journey with us? (hand outstretched gently)

Fif had the idea of changing the landscape of the press game and using screen names instead of real names. Would be awesome to hear in a press conference “Yes, Luka, Mavs Lover spelt without the e here with Mavsboard dot com…”.

I guess first things first, we literally are the underpants gnomes on this. We don’t know the step before profit, but all the other steps are there!

You and Killer are too kind.  Love the anonymous podcast idea.  I have some broadcasting (TV and Radio) in my distant past.  I do a fair amount of public speaking these days.  So, I might not suck at it.  Unfortunately, I'm a bit of a "two-handed economist" as Harry Truman once described.  So, Hot Takes may not be my thing.
Like Reply
I can write all the hot takes you want, Dan.   Big Grin
Like Reply
(06-22-2021, 05:44 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: You and Killer are too kind.  Love the anonymous podcast idea.  I have some broadcasting (TV and Radio) in my distant past.  I do a fair amount of public speaking these days.  So, I might not suck at it.  Unfortunately, I'm a bit of a "two-handed economist" as Harry Truman once described.  So, Hot Takes may not be my thing.

All this means is that M12 has to join Dan and ML on the podcast team!!!
Like Reply
(06-22-2021, 05:39 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Pretend for a moment that JRich has opted out and in the first minute of free agency, THJ signs with someone else.  You now have $33 million in space.  Ben Simmons and KP are both free agents.  Ben wants 4/$147mm (starts at $33mm).  KP understands his injury history and is willing to take 3/$101mm (starts at $31.6mm), but he wants a PO that final year in case he happens to have a really good run the next two years.

Do you sign Simmons at 4/$147mm?

Do you sign KP at 3/$101mm?

If someone made you sign one of the other, which would you sign?

I sign Simmons. This would be a serious basketball debate, if it was not for the injury risk. It changes everything. It also totally changes KP´s trade value. I don´t think anybody would give a crap about his 14/7 play-offs with sub-par defense, if he was healthy. Teams could easily talk themselves into rusty, strange season, strange past two years with COVID, he´s 26, he´s unique. It´s all about his personal and the injury history of tall guys. That changes everything.
Like Reply
(06-22-2021, 05:56 PM)cow Wrote: I can write all the hot takes you want, Dan.   Big Grin

One the one hand, I can see how that could work.  On the other...
Like Reply
(06-22-2021, 05:39 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Pretend for a moment that JRich has opted out and in the first minute of free agency, THJ signs with someone else.  You now have $33 million in space.  Ben Simmons and KP are both free agents.  Ben wants 4/$147mm (starts at $33mm).  KP understands his injury history and is willing to take 3/$101mm (starts at $31.6mm), but he wants a PO that final year in case he happens to have a really good run the next two years.

Simmons all day, every day.
Like Reply
(06-22-2021, 06:08 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: One the one hand, I can see how that could work.  On the other...

Don't make me cut your arm off.   Heart
Like Reply
(06-22-2021, 05:44 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: You and Killer are too kind.  Love the anonymous podcast idea.  I have some broadcasting (TV and Radio) in my distant past.  I do a fair amount of public speaking these days.  So, I might not suck at it.  Unfortunately, I'm a bit of a "two-handed economist" as Harry Truman once described.  So, Hot Takes may not be my thing.
That would be the other part of the cast. Random board member guests that we can figure out the Skip/Stephen A role! Eventually if we can figure out how to get money for all of this, we start paying for you guys to interview players, which transitions to press passes!
Like Reply
(06-22-2021, 06:21 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: That would be the other part of the cast. Random board member guests that we can figure out the Skip/Stephen A role! Eventually if we can figure out how to get money for all of this, we start paying for you guys to interview players, which transitions to press passes!

I've already got my reoccurring segment picked out.  The THT Corner (Three).  A two minute drill of all things THT.
Like Reply
Simmons no question
Like Reply
I would ask Cuban why he hates Mavs fans and their dream of winning championships so much...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(06-22-2021, 07:39 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: I would ask Cuban why he hates Mavs fans and their dream of winning championships so much...

Like Reply

Ben Simmons, without thinking twice.
Like Reply
Like Reply

I sign both and prepare for the finals run.

(But if I had to choose, Ben Simmons no question)
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...2574775301
Like Reply
(06-23-2021, 03:34 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...2574775301

Notice we didn't hear that about KP...
Like Reply
(06-23-2021, 03:41 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Notice we didn't hear that about KP...

Morey magic.

A dozen offers doesn't mean a dozen good offers.  A few days ago we heard the leaguewide consensus would be very low in Simmons.  He's on a long, expensive contract and will not shot the basketball.
Like Reply
(06-23-2021, 03:45 PM)cow Wrote: Morey magic.

Too bad Mavs have no one to do some GM magic...
Like Reply
(06-23-2021, 03:45 PM)cow Wrote: Morey magic.

A dozen offers doesn't mean a dozen good offers.  A few days ago we heard the leaguewide consensus would be very low in Simmons.  He's on a long, expensive contract and will not shot the basketball.

I doubt Mavs could get a dozen offers period.
Like Reply