Poll: Simmons for KP straight up, do you pull the trigger?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
yes
58.62%
34 58.62%
no
41.38%
24 41.38%
Total 58 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let´s have a poll: KP for Simmons straight up - are you in?
(06-23-2021, 03:45 PM)cow Wrote: Morey magic.

A dozen offers doesn't mean a dozen good offers.  A few days ago we heard the leaguewide consensus would be very low in Simmons.  He's on a long, expensive contract and will not shot the basketball.

Porzingis 4th quarter against the Clippers 21 points on 16 FGAs (seven games).
Simmons 4th quarter against the Hawks/Wizards 23 points on 6 FGAs (12 games).

According to NBA.com

Not that big a difference...

[Image: tenor.gif]

I´m just kidding with the comparison, althougit shows how pathetic the Mavs usage of Porzingis in this series was. Two FGs per 4th quarter for a max player.
Like Reply
(06-23-2021, 03:45 PM)cow Wrote: Morey magic.

What do you want to bet Morey was the primary GM he talked to? People take this stuff way too seriously. It's like when Celtics fans would fall for every story about how Boston was perpetually on the precipice of making another huge blockbuster deal without realizing it was always Ainge providing the leak.

I have no doubt that there will be a market for both Simmons and KP. It's all about finding the right deal that makes sense for both teams.
Like Reply
It just looks like to me there is infinite more buzz for Simmons. KP if he is mentioned at all is mentioned in dump trades only.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1408091809587384325
Like Reply
(06-24-2021, 11:37 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1408091809587384325

Sure they are. Raise that trade value by playing hard-to-get.
Like Reply
Here's a basic, simple example of the kind of thing Giannis could've done here in the Dwight Powell role that Dwight, himself, can't quite bring to the table. I can almost guarantee that Ben Simmons, if willing, could do the same type of stuff. 

https://twitter.com/MoDakhil_NBA/status/...64934?s=20
Like Reply
I really wish people would stop insulting Giannis by comparing him to a guy who's afraid to dunk when wide open
Like Reply
(06-25-2021, 08:07 PM)Branduil Wrote: I really wish people would stop insulting Giannis by comparing him to a guy who's afraid to dunk when wide open

I agree that this is a difference and a problem, currently. I don't believe it's permanent, myself. But if it is, you're absolutely right. I think this is a rare opportunity to acquire a great, great basketball player.
Like Reply
I just want the Mavs to go out and get guys who are ACTUALLY GOOD right now, not guys who might hypothetically be good if we can just fix the crippling mental and mechanical issues that have plagued them their entire career and caused their teams to want to trade them in the first place.
Like Reply
It seems the Simmons tide is turning quickly back to where people have forgotten about these playoffs and remember the other half decade of basketball he’s produced. 

I’d be super surprised to see Philly do anything stupid. Doc Rivers putting his foot in his mouth seemed to create even more buzz that they could trade him but as time passes it seems more and more not likely.
Thank you Donnie.
Like Reply
(06-25-2021, 09:43 PM)DallasBasketball Wrote: It seems the Simmons tide is turning quickly back to where people have forgotten about these playoffs and remember the other half decade of basketball he’s produced. 

I’d be super surprised to see Philly do anything stupid. Doc Rivers putting his foot in his mouth seemed to create even more buzz that they could trade him but as time passes it seems more and more not likely.

Simmons have been the same guy for the last 4 years. Just this time with even more FT shooting woes.

Not sure why everyone turned on him now, and not before. Guess the Hawks were such an underdog, that everyone already penciled the Sixers into the conference finals before the playoffs even started. Hawks exposed his offensive woes even more tho, because he did absolutely nothing against the poor defensive backcourt of the Hawks. Young, Lou, Bogdanovic might be the worst defensive backcourt of the last 10 years in the post season. Bucks seems to be more capable of exploiting that. Knicks and Sixers did nothing in that regard. Apart from Seth Curry.

Jrue = Bledseo 2.0 against the Nets

Jrue = 33 pts on 14-25 FG / 22 pts on 9-14 FG
Like Reply
(06-25-2021, 08:16 PM)Branduil Wrote: I just want the Mavs to go out and get guys who are ACTUALLY GOOD right now, not guys who might hypothetically be good if we can just fix the crippling mental and mechanical issues that have plagued them their entire career and caused their teams to want to trade them in the first place.

Please.

And dont max players with flaws or major injuries...you might not be able to move them if it doesnt work out or have to move them for pennies.

Acquire solid basketball players with no major flaws(cant dribble/create, cant shoot, very low BBIQ, unathletic/slow)
Like Reply
(06-25-2021, 08:00 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Here's a basic, simple example of the kind of thing Giannis could've done here in the Dwight Powell role that Dwight, himself, can't quite bring to the table. I can almost guarantee that Ben Simmons, if willing, could do the same type of stuff. 

https://twitter.com/MoDakhil_NBA/status/...64934?s=20

I swear you guys do my brain in with all the Dwight Powell comparisons.

Giannis is like Powell with....
Collins is like Powell, but....
Jarrett Allen is like Powell plus....
Holmes is like Powell, just....
Turner is like Powell, only...
Capela is like Powell, and....

If I had a dollar every time a sentence starts like this. POWELL IS NOTHING LIKE THEM.

Why does everybody want to compare bigs with Dwight Powell. You never start sentences with Lillard is like Trey Burke with....
Like Reply
(06-26-2021, 11:18 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Why does everybody want to compare bigs with Dwight Powell. You never start sentences with Lillard is like Trey Burke with....

Seriously?

Nobody is comparing anyone to Powell. We're talking about his role (his job) in the record setting offense from the season before last. You know his role in that offense was the 2nd most important one, right?

It has nothing to do with Powell, and everything to do with helping people envision a possible role for whichever player we're discussing. Because they watched what Powell did in that offense, the concept is easy to communicate in a small number of words. 

I'll give you another example: If I said something like "hey, maybe they should try KP in a Reggie Miller type role", it would mean I was suggesting they run KP around off-ball screens to create open catch-and-shoot opportunities. It would be a TERRIBLE idea (wouldn't work, I would never suggest that), but everyone familiar with how Reggie played in Indiana would understand it right away, and I doubt anyone would think I was comparing the players. They'd understand I was referring to a role within an offensive system.
Like Reply
It's almost like our franchise has been so bereft of athleticism that Dwight Powell is the only player we can think of when we see someone on another team dunk the basketball.

If Powell was the 2nd most important player it was 95% Luka, 1.6% Powell and then everyone else shortly after that.
Like Reply
(06-26-2021, 04:40 PM)Benskix2 Wrote: It's almost like our franchise has been so bereft of athleticism that Dwight Powell is the only player we can think of when we see someone on another team dunk the basketball.

If Powell was the 2nd most important player it was 95% Luka, 1.6% Powell and then everyone else shortly after that.

None of this is what I'm saying. I can't believe this is causing so much confusion. 

I'm simply referring to a player's role within the offense, not in any way comparing their abilities, other than to say Simmons is MORE skilled, so he could do MORE than Powell, given the opportunities generated in that role. 

And, I'm not saying Powell was the second most important Maverick that season, I'm saying their favorite action to run was the Luka/Powell pick and roll with 3 other shooters spacing. In that action, Powell was the first option. AND IT WAS THE BEST OFFENSE IN THE NBA (because of Luka, sure). So, imagine a Luka/Giannis or a Luka/Simmons action with the same three shooters and spacing. It would open up so, so many possibilities. 

All moot now, I suppose. The entire system might change now.
Like Reply