Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barkley is out of "Inside the NBA" In 2 Years
EDIT:  NEVER MIND...got sucked in by clickbait.

The hits keep coming...

https://www.al.com/auburnbasketball/2021...ium=social&utm_campaign=aldotcom_sf&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR2WvixxaaBrHqmJffi-iGquyYg_gcTzB7Tnbkie3n0NujrW069EUeGqLGs
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 03:24 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: The hits keep coming...

https://www.al.com/auburnbasketball/2021...ium=social&utm_campaign=aldotcom_sf&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR2WvixxaaBrHqmJffi-iGquyYg_gcTzB7Tnbkie3n0NujrW069EUeGqLGs

WTF is happening.
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 03:24 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: The hits keep coming...

Respect. Cancel culture is getting ridiculous
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 03:32 PM)omahen Wrote: Respect. Cancel culture is getting ridiculous

Nah. Charles and Shaq are noted cheap shot artists.  He got called on it and was simply asked to stop by his bosses.  He got his butt hurt and is throwing a temper tantrum.  No one cancelled him.  No one disciplined him.  His bosses only asked him to stop body shaming people.  Not a big ask.

I've been a fan for years, Chuck, but if your ego is that fragile that you can't take some constructive criticism...

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
It says he will leave when he turns 60. He's 58, so two more years. I hate articles that misrepresent what's happening like this. It makes it sound like he's leaving now.
Like Reply
Oh no, they’ll probably replace him with DWade and I’ll never watch again
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 04:30 PM)DrMav Wrote: Oh no, they’ll replace him with DWade and I’ll never watch again

Fixed
Thank you Donnie.
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 04:30 PM)DrMav Wrote: Oh no, they’ll probably replace him with DWade and I’ll never watch again

Hoping for Candace Parker.
Like Reply
Respect Barkley choosing to walk away due to cancel culture. 

He was the main reason I liked Inside the NBA and honestly I doubt I'll ever watch the show again. 

I never liked Shaq and his arguments. Kenny is alright but was always the foil to Barkley and thats where he really shone.  Wade was terrible (at least to me) on the set and seemed to just amplify Shaq's worst tendencies.

Draymond is the closest thing they had to a true Barkley replacement for a while but he's still a full time player.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 04:59 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Hoping for Candace Parker.

She is awesome. Great to look at and even better to listen to Smile
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 05:05 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Respect Barkley choosing to walk away due to cancel culture. 
Totally misleading headline. He's not walking away, just has a plan to retire at 60, which is two years off.
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 05:09 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: Totally misleading headline. He's not walking away, just has a plan to retire at 60, which is two years off.

I fell victim to headline reading.

Read the article and now feel duped. Thanks to everyone for pointing that out.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Parker and Draymond have been great.
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 04:17 PM)sterlingmallory Wrote: It says he will leave when he turns 60. He's 58, so two more years. I hate articles that misrepresent what's happening like this. It makes it sound like he's leaving now.

Thanks, I missed that.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 05:25 PM)cow Wrote: Parker and Draymond have been great.

Yeah, and Barkley has lost about 30 mph off of his fastball over the past 10 years, mostly because he doesn't seem to actually follow the NBA anymore. 

The next thing is to fire Shaq, who has done his best to make the show unwatchable for far too long. I really liked it when it was just Earnie, Kennie and Barkley. I would love to get Parker, Green and a host.
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 04:59 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Hoping for Candace Parker.

I'm a Maria Taylor guy! Wink
Like Reply
I find Shaq often insufferable to listen to for a number of reasons.  First, his voice is so soft and indistinct that, half the time, I can't understand what he's saying.  Secondly, he's always criticizing and belittling Kenny and Charles, one time outright calling one of Kenny's comments "stupid".  There's no need or excuse for that.  Third, he's always racing Kenny to the video screen, just to show him that he can beat him, which has already been well established.  Fourth, he constantly refers to teammates as "the others", which seems a bit derogatory to me.  Why can't he just say, "superstars rely on their teammates to do this or that. 

As to Charles, I never understood why he felt so comfortable calling out San Antonio ladies over their weight when he himself is way overweight. I do appreciate the way he seems fairly even handed in his analysis of players in the league.
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 04:12 PM)RasheedsBigWhiteSpot Wrote: Nah. Charles and Shaq are noted cheap shot artists.  He got called on it and was simply asked to stop by his bosses.  He got his butt hurt and is throwing a temper tantrum.  No one cancelled him.  No one disciplined him.  His bosses only asked him to stop body shaming people.  Not a big ask.

I've been a fan for years, Chuck, but if your ego is that fragile that you can't take some constructive criticism...

[Image: giphy.gif]

(06-16-2021, 05:47 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Yeah, and Barkley has lost about 30 mph off of his fastball over the past 10 years, mostly because he doesn't seem to actually follow the NBA anymore. 

The next thing is to fire Shaq, who has done his best to make the show unwatchable for far too long. I really liked it when it was just Earnie, Kennie and Shaq. I would love to get Parker, Green and a host.

You just said you disliked Shaq now you like him ?  I presume you meant Barkley. Shaq is always tooting his own horn about how great he was. Still pissed because Nash won MVP twice. Thinks he should have won twice. I think the Dream was better, but that's just me.
Like Reply
(06-16-2021, 06:56 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: You just said you disliked Shaq now you like him ?  I presume you meant Barkley.

Yes, Barkley! Sorry, brainfart!
Like Reply