Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mavs 81, Clippers 106
(06-01-2021, 02:24 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: I also believe CP3's presence has a lot to do with it.
We all saw what CP3 did for DeAndre's game.
Like Reply
Its time for Powell and Jrich. Rim rolling and mid range game has historically been difficult to adjust against. Mavs are too one dimensional right now. Its our turn to make adjustments and change the momentum. Its the.perfect moment to do so. Not only we gain more dimensions on offense but we also gain defensive movement with this. No doubt in my mind this is the adjustment that sends Clippers out of playoffs.
Like Reply
(06-01-2021, 02:45 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: We all saw what CP3 did for DeAndre's game.

And what he did with Chandler in NO before that.
Like Reply
(06-01-2021, 01:54 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: However when it comes to KP my feeling has changed. I used to blame RC but more I see Ayton play why can’t KP do that? You don’t need any plays to rebound on the defensive end and dunk on the offensive end. KP seems too comfortable on the perimeter. I don’t blame RC anymore for that. I think that’s  what KP wants.  I am still torn on giving him up because I am not sure this particular front office can get someone close to his talent even if he is underperforming this year.
I think this post contains a lot of insight. 

KP is capable of rolling to the rim, being a very good rebounder, battling in the paint for dunks and put backs, getting to the free throw line, etc. I think the main reason he doesn't do more of that is because he doesn't want to.  I am not saying he is refusing to EVER do those things, but that isn't his preferred style of play. Probably part of that is a preference to avoid contact, given his history of injuries. But also, he has an idea of who he is as a player, and he isn't willing to move away from that to any great degree. 

I think the styles that teams play are driven by what the stars do and don't want to do, to a larger extent than is usually discussed. Whoever replaces KP needs to be willing to be the Luis Suarez to the Mavericks' Messi.
Like Reply
(06-01-2021, 04:12 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: I think this post contains a lot of insight. 

KP is capable of rolling to the rim, being a very good rebounder, battling in the paint for dunks and put backs, getting to the free throw line, etc. I think the main reason he doesn't do more of that is because he doesn't want to.  I am not saying he is refusing to EVER do those things, but that isn't his preferred style of play. Probably part of that is a preference to avoid contact, given his history of injuries. But also, he has an idea of who he is as a player, and he isn't willing to move away from that to any great degree. 

I think the styles that teams play are driven by what the stars do and don't want to do, to a larger extent than is usually discussed. Whoever replaces KP needs to be willing to be the Luis Suarez to the Mavericks' Messi.

Soccer reference. Interesting
Like Reply
(06-01-2021, 04:38 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Soccer reference. Interesting

I see a lot of parallels. Suarez was the franchise player at Liverpool, but was willing to play a different role and somewhat different style in support of an all-time great in Lionel Messi. In bringing his own considerable talent and skill to the table in that effort, he was able to shine, as well. 

And he was enthusiastic about it. I never remember Luis saying anything about not having a big enough role in the offense, needing to be kept engaged on the pitch, wanting the team to change things to accommodate him, etc. He was also fully involved in the MSN trio. 

For any FCB-haters, one could make a similar comparison to Benzema, who played in support of Ronaldo for a long time.  Wink
Like Reply
(06-01-2021, 05:08 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: I see a lot of parallels. Suarez was the franchise player at Liverpool, but was willing to play a different role and somewhat different style in support of an all-time great in Lionel Messi. In bringing his own considerable talent and skill to the table in that effort, he was able to shine, as well. 

And he was enthusiastic about it. I never remember Luis saying anything about not having a big enough role in the offense, needing to be kept engaged on the pitch, wanting the team to change things to accommodate him, etc. He was also fully involved in the MSN trio. 

For any FCB-haters, one could make a similar comparison to Benzema, who played in support of Ronaldo for a long time.  Wink

Interesting because a particular play by play guy that I like a lot calls soccer games when he's not doing NBA games.
Like Reply
(06-01-2021, 05:44 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Interesting because a particular play by play guy that I like a lot calls soccer games when he's not doing NBA games.

hahahahaha, omigosh
Like Reply
(06-01-2021, 05:44 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Interesting because a particular play by play guy that I like a lot calls soccer games when he's not doing NBA games.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(Game time out)

Harp: " what are you doing Mark?...

Followill: Typing up notes and observations of the game to discuss later on air...

https://media.giphy.com/media/Hhh4iqhwDj.../giphy.gif
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(06-01-2021, 08:50 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I can't fault them for the trade or the contract.

I have said a zillion times that I would've done it at the time, but to say it wasn't a mistake doesn't fly. Again, I would've done it, so it's not "told you so." But, pretty clear that it's not working. People are free to speculate as to why until the cows come home.
Like Reply
(06-01-2021, 11:08 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: When it comes to the overall performance of the MBT however I am incredible frustrated. First of all. It´s really difficult to single out one guy and that´s probably  one of the problems. Inbreeding/nepotism without any outside input for 10+ years. We don´t need to repeat the same old stories (plan powder, no proper tank, missing out in free agency, overpaying vets). My big question. Who is the driving force behind those decisions. Is it Cuban that lacks the patience for a proper roster build. Prefers to trade draft picks for vets and and always chases the big names? Is it Donnie that simply isn´t the best when it comes to talent evaluation. Cannot read the market. Is it RC that struggles to find the fitting pieces for his own scheme?

Personally I get the feeling that it goes like this: Cuban>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Donnie>RC

And that´s a problem. GMs like Morey or Massai for example want full control. No interference from the owner.

The thing we all fear but do not say. Jerry Jones/Al Davis, etc. I suspect the same thing you do, and if this is the case, then it simply is what it is.
Like Reply
The Mavs carry six big men on the roster. It is simply unacceptable to have no rim protection in a playoff series. Unacceptable, I say!
Like Reply