Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Rookie Class *Points updated in OP
Here is where this forum idea mostly stemmed from. This prediction is for where the players will rank in a redraft in 5 years. You got 5-10 games into the season to see what they might do. At the end of every year, we'll come to a consensus on where this rookie class ranks among themselves (top 15). The person(s) who wins this will get a title change and any non-monetary other thing you guys can come up with as a prize. To determine the winner you get:

5 points for guessing the exact spot they hold
3 points for being within 1 of the exact spot they hold
1 point for being within 2 of the actual spot they hold 

At the 5 year mark you will get 5x the points!

We will have a contest committee who will come to a consensus as to who the top 15 players are year over year.

ItsGoTime - 0
Dirkfansince1998 - 0
juanc - 0
Luka_Magic - 0
Like Reply
Can you give us a set date as a deadline for this year?
Like Reply
(01-12-2021, 04:47 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Can you give us a set date as a deadline for this year?
Your top 15 players by Sunday the 17th. On Monday morning...I'll post to set the marker. If you miss the deadline, we'll have another one for next year's rookie class!!!!
Like Reply
Really not sure how I should approach this. Going for the big names that will probably top the list at the end of the season or the longterm projects that might end up as the best players in 5-10 years.
Like Reply
(01-13-2021, 08:59 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Really not sure how I should approach this. Going for the big names that will probably top the list at the end of the season or the longterm projects that might end up as the best players in 5-10 years.
for sure, there will be those who are flash in the pan types as well as injury riddled careers that stunt the outcome. Lot to navigate to make a list like this. Trying to figure out an appropriate non-monetary grand prize for it as well that reflects the difficulty involved in such a prediction.
Like Reply
I'll start my list but may edit to change it by Sunday as I do more research on the players. That can be done up until the deadline. Any edit timestamps after that (even if it was for a change in spelling or something) will forfeit this year's challenge.

1  - Tyrese Haliburton
2  - Lamelo Ball
3  - Payton Pritchard
4  - Patrick Williams
5  - Xavier Tillman
6  - Deni Avdija
7  - James Wiseman
8  - Tyrese Maxey
9  - Jae'Sean Tate
10 -  Saddiq Bey
11 - Desmond Bane
12 - Isaiah Joe
13 - Devin Vassell
14 - Cole Anthony
15 - Paul Reed
Like Reply
My list (might make some changes before the deadline.)

1. Lamelo Ball
2. Tyrese Haliburton
3. Patrick Williams
4. Precious Achiuwa
5. Deni Avdija
6. Saddiq Bey
7. Isaac Okoro
8. James Wiseman
9. Anthony Edwards
10. Obi Toppin
11. Kilian Hayes
12. Onyeka Okongwu
13. Tyrese Maxey
14. Udoka Azubuike
15. Josh Green
Like Reply
- Patrick Williams and Tyrese Haliburton are surefire top5 players in this class.
- Edwards gives me strong Wiggins vibes(they're both inefficient volume scorers).
- I like what I've seen from Wiseman, but it's just half a game...
- Josh Green is in the top 10 for his defense alone.
- Cole Anthony just can't run an NBA ofense. He has shown some flashes, but he is not a playmaker

Tier 1
Haliburton
Williams

Ball

Tier 2
Maxey
Wiseman
MyPrecious
Green

As for the rest, I need to watch some of their games.
Like Reply
Late by a couple of days here but what the hell. Halliburton looks like a natural and should have some really nice years ahead of him playing alongside Fox. Ball gets the nod because he's putting up the most points, steals, and assists thus far. Unfortunately I don't see any of our picks from this year (Green, Terry, Bey) panning out long term.

1. Lamelo Ball
2. Tyrese Halliburton
3. Tyrese Maxey
4. James Wiseman
5. Xavier Tillman
6. Patrick Williams
7. Precious Achiwua
8. Anthony Edwards
9. Saddiq Bey
10. Isaac Okoro
11. Immanuel Quickley
12. Desmond Bane
13. Killian Hayes
14. Payton Pritchard
15. Obi Toppin
Like Reply
With such little response, let’s see if anyone else will put up a list if we push the deadline back a couple weeks. Those who put up a list, you can change yours up to the deadline too. New deadline is Sunday the 31st. I’ll post to lock in the results on Monday the first. In the future, we’ll make this deadline before the season starts.
Like Reply
So I will conduct a discussion on the regular board for who any non-contestants think is the top 15 rookies to date. Figure out a point system for getting the consensus, then post the results of that discussion to be able to accumulate points.
Like Reply
Also, I am open to adjusting the point system as things could drastically change over a year. However, how the points are currently set is how we set our strategy, so let me know what you guys think we should do it!

I was thinking:

5 points for within 5 spots
3 points for within 10 spots
1 point for being on the master list
Like Reply
I'm thinking of changing up the points for this challenge to this:

30 points for guessing the exact spot they hold 
5 points for being within 5 of the exact spot they hold
3 points for being within 10 of the exact spot they hold
1 point for being on the list

Also, you can only get points for 1 category per player. If you get points for the exact spot, you can't also get points from the other categories.

Please let me know what you think otherwise I'll change to this point system.
Like Reply