Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 2.0 pt RAPTOR & 2.5 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
70.00%
7 70.00%
Clippers
30.00%
3 30.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ROUND 1, GAME 3: LAC (1-2) @ DAL (2-1) | 108-118 loss
This game was clearly lost on defense, not offense. Offense was still great. PG and KL got whatever they wanted with basically no resistance. When Mavs tried to dubble team it was half heartedly with every rotation two steps too slow. Basically what Mavs are doing to Clippers whole series. 

Two traditions ended. Mavs won first quarter and shot way better than Clippers from three, yet still lose. I don't really understand the whole rage against KP. They played him exactly the same as the whole series. He only got 10 shots. I don't understand why you expected he will turn into a whole different player all of a sudden. Mavs are not playing him like a star and he is naturally not putting up star numbers.
Like Reply
(05-29-2021, 02:09 AM)omahen Wrote: This game was clearly lost on defense, not offense. Offense was still great. PG and KL got whatever they wanted with basically no resistance. When Mavs tried to dubble team it was half heartedly with every rotation two steps too slow. Basically what Mavs are doing to Clippers whole series. 

Two traditions ended. Mavs won first quarter and shot way better than Clippers from three, yet still lose. I don't really understand the whole rage against KP. They played him exactly the same as the whole series. He only got 10 shots. I don't understand why you expected he will turn into a whole different player all of a sudden. Mavs are not playing him like a star and he is naturally not putting up star numbers.
The defense noticeably got better when KP left and WCS came in because we suddenly had rim protection. On offense, the Mavs repeatedly tried to feed KP early in the 4th with Luka resting and it was a complete failure.

KP's struggles really can't be blamed on anyone but KP at this point.
Like Reply
(05-29-2021, 02:17 AM)Branduil Wrote: The defense noticeably got better when KP left and WCS came in

It did. But offense got considerably worse. There is also little rim protection if Clippers are playing five out small ball. Centre has to go out on the three point line after his guy. You can't single out KP for the defensive performance, it was an overall bad performance.
Like Reply
(05-29-2021, 02:24 AM)omahen Wrote: It did. But offense got considerably worse. There is also little rim protection if Clippers are playing five out small ball. Centre has to go out on the three point line after his guy. You can't single out KP for the defensive performance, it was an overall bad performance.
I can and I will
Like Reply
This game made me ill. Our second "star" got rightfully BENCHED in the playoffs while Luka is 1v9. Big time reality check.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(05-29-2021, 02:09 AM)omahen Wrote: I don't really understand the whole rage against KP

His general demeanor on the court. Lack of effort on the whole. Multiple simple mistakes. 

Listen I love KP but he's been trash so far this series. He looks so hesitant and just disappears on the offensive side. If he isn't scoring then he's a net negative. He got stripped so many times.

He had so many lackadaisical closeouts and swats at the rim. He is feigning effort. Compare how he's acting to how he played in the bubble playoffs last year. He was so engaged. Passionate. He cared about every possession. He's not even a tenth of that right now.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Pretty mich everything said in this thread. Luka will be Luka and Kawhi will be Kawhi which is a slight edge for the Mavs. If the supporting cast does not come through, we are doomed. THJ is and will always be inconsistent. If he can bring it two more times this series, we might win it, if not, it's over. Unless KP gets that huge stick out of his ass and starts playing some basketball which I don't see happening. He has the potential but for whatever reason, he brings nothing to the table. We can't expect Maxi or DFS so score - Maxi even showed up in this series so far.
Like Reply
(05-29-2021, 02:39 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: He had so many lackadaisical closeouts and swats at the rim. He is feigning effort. Compare how he's acting to how he played in the bubble playoffs last year. He was so engaged. Passionate. He cared about every possession. He's not even a tenth of that right now.

Like I have said since maybe February, it seems to me that the body language of many involved points to the knowledge that KP is being traded this summer. I still think there was an internal request and the Mavs said they would trade him at latest by the summer and try to trade him at the deadline if they deemed it helped the team for the current season. That's been my hunch for a long time.
Like Reply
(05-29-2021, 05:10 AM)meistermatze Wrote: He has the potential but for whatever reason, he brings nothing to the table.
Ya, this is what I'm seeing. The "bubble" effort is just not there this year. I also agree with Omahen that KP hasn't been utilized like a $30M player either. 

However, I also agree that he hasn't looked as engaged as he should be. For whatever the reason is, it sucks that it's not the case cause we could have swept the Clippers with bubble KP. As it is, we'll have to hope that THJ earns that $20M contract everyone keeps talking about, which he didn't last night.
Like Reply
(05-29-2021, 08:23 AM)Kammrath Wrote: Like I have said since maybe February, it seems to me that the body language of many involved points to the knowledge that KP is being traded this summer. I still think there was an internal request and the Mavs said they would trade him at latest by the summer and try to trade him at the deadline if they deemed it helped the team for the current season. That's been my hunch for a long time.

If true, this isn't good either. We get to trade him for a bag of chips and watch him go Nash somewhere else.
Like Reply
(05-29-2021, 10:30 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: If true, this isn't good either. We get to trade him for a bag of chips and watch him go Nash somewhere else.
This is his value in my mind. He's still young, he can still get better and has shown on many occasions that he is better (esp better than last night's showing). This team isn't good for him, that much I know. That doesn't mean he isn't good.
Like Reply
on KP's demeanor/body language/etc I did notice last night at the beginning of the game when the Mavs were on their run to start the game after he made a shot and LA called a timeout he was smiling and seemed to be talking trash. And then that completely changed throughout the game. 

He got frustrated at some point and he lets his game be affected when he gets frustrated and thats when all the body language and stuff really starts to be bad. 

He's got to learn how to forget about previous plays. His mental game is so weak. 

It seems like more of an issue this year. I seriously wonder if he's mentally right. He's a guy that likes to go out and have fun. And all the limitations of the last year may have really effected him mentally. 

But most concerning is how shit is mid range shooting is. He absolutely sucks in the post and has entire games like last night where he can't wide open mid range shots over small defenders.
Like Reply
(05-29-2021, 11:32 AM)cjeter24 Wrote: on KP's demeanor/body language/etc I did notice last night at the beginning of the game when the Mavs were on their run to start the game after he made a shot and LA called a timeout he was smiling and seemed to be talking trash. And then that completely changed throughout the game. 

He got frustrated at some point and he lets his game be affected when he gets frustrated and thats when all the body language and stuff really starts to be bad. 

He's got to learn how to forget about previous plays. His mental game is so weak. 

It seems like more of an issue this year. I seriously wonder if he's mentally right. He's a guy that likes to go out and have fun. And all the limitations of the last year may have really effected him mentally. 

But most concerning is how shit is mid range shooting is. He absolutely sucks in the post and has entire games like last night where he can't wide open mid range shots over small defenders.

I dont know how many times this happened...but I saw Mann switched on KP twice last night and he laid stinkers for shots.   I even think he may have passed the ball away on another one.   KP with Mann on him.

Where is the bank shot he couldnt miss in the Bubble?
Like Reply