Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 2.0 pt RAPTOR & 2.5 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
70.00%
7 70.00%
Clippers
30.00%
3 30.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ROUND 1, GAME 3: LAC (1-2) @ DAL (2-1) | 108-118 loss
Clippers small ball makes KP unplayable on defense. Mavs need to find the right adjustments.
Like Reply
(05-28-2021, 10:28 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Clippers small ball makes KP unplayable on defense. Mavs need to find the right adjustments.
The adjustment is trading KP in the offseason.
Like Reply
That should have been a double tech at least! Mann went into WCS to instigate that whole thing!
Like Reply
KP with 8 freakin pts?   He's really earning that $150 million dollar deal.
Like Reply
Wow that is another freakin off night for KP. It realy hurts me see him playing. He contributes nothing to the team
Like Reply
Replace Porzingis with Lavine and we win the game. Lavine gives you 20 points and better rim protection. This series is basically Luka/Kawhi cancelling each other out and then it comes down which of the two Play-off Ps sucks less.
Like Reply
Nothing tonight is surprising...the Clippers are the better overall team. A hot shooting game 1 and 2 by the Mavs doesn't change that. I expect this series to be even after Sunday and we'll see who can win in a Best of 3
Like Reply
(05-28-2021, 11:21 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Replace Porzingis with almost anybody else and we win the game

FIFY. He was that bad on both ends.
Like Reply
So mad right now. Whoever takes Game 4 almost certainly takes the series.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/NickVanExit/status/1...9631527938
Like Reply
It is so abundantly clear that THJ needs to have a special night for the Mavs to be competitive. He's the 2nd guy. Which is scary. 

Watching KP tonight has soured me. I've always wanted to see how he fared in the playoffs before making any sweeping changes. He has such a fucking disgusting attitude. So laissez faire. He looks like he doesn't give two shits and he barely tries. Further whenever he does get touches he gets stripped like he's a toddler. He has a constant look on his face like he's was supposed to be crowned king of DAL and then Luka comes in and steals his thunder. 

And the cherry on top is he rolls his fucking ankle in the last 20 seconds. 

I'm so mad. The captain of KP island is officially packing his bags. 

I need bourbon and sleep.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(05-28-2021, 11:39 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: The captain of KP island is officially packing his bags.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
It was clear that Clippers had two star players, while Mavs had only one. It's never been as clear as tonight, that Dallas needs a consistent second star player. Kawhi, PG both had outstanding games and we had no answer. For Clippers, that was only Luka in this game.

THJ can be that second star on several games, but not consistently enough. 

KP - is just not that guy. The game was lost inside. Not able to protect the rim well enough. Inside in the paint on offense, we are missing that second player that can attack the rim. KP, just not that guy, on both ends.
Like Reply
(05-28-2021, 11:39 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: It is so abundantly clear that THJ needs to have a special night for the Mavs to be competitive. He's the 2nd guy. Which is scary. 

Watching KP tonight has soured me. I've always wanted to see how he fared in the playoffs before making any sweeping changes. He has such a fucking disgusting attitude. So laissez faire. He looks like he doesn't give two shits and he barely tries. Further whenever he does get touches he gets stripped like he's a toddler. He has a constant look on his face like he's was supposed to be crowned king of DAL and then Luka comes in and steals his thunder. 

And the cherry on top is he rolls his fucking ankle in the last 20 seconds. 

I'm so mad. The captain of KP island is officially packing his bags. 

I need bourbon and sleep.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(05-28-2021, 11:52 PM)burekemde Wrote: It's never been as clear as tonight, that Dallas needs a consistent second star player.

I mean it was VERY obvious tonight.....but frankly I think it has been glaringly obvious ALL SEASON.
Like Reply
If Luka had PG instead of KP he would be unstoppable.
Like Reply
(05-29-2021, 12:01 AM)Kammrath Wrote: I mean it was VERY obvious tonight.....but frankly I think it has been glaringly obvious ALL SEASON.

We can only win when PG has a bad game. Luka / Kawhi are consistently awesome, pretty much 99 out of 100 games.

This series comes down to how well PG plays compared to when THJ or KP steps up. This game PG was the difference compared to THJ and KP.

Our second unit has been awful in this series. We had the game in first quarter essentially, Luka goes out and we go down on a huge run like 25 points or something.

In this regard, it may be the most crucial thing to double PG, and make sure he doesnt get hot. Kawhi just let him score, double only occasionaly. But the most important thing is to double PG and dont let him play well. He is not a robot like Kawhi, he needs some baskets to get going. You can take that away. PG has a tendency to get cold if he hasnt scored for a while. There is no way to take Kawhi or Luka away.
Like Reply
(05-28-2021, 10:11 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: You mean KP the distributor?

More likely KP the rebounder.

People better strap in for three more years of this excrement. KP is generating massively negative trade value in this series.
Like Reply
I'd just like to see them become a good defensive team. A second star isn't happening anytime soon.
Like Reply
(05-28-2021, 11:39 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I'm so mad. The captain of KP island is officially packing his bags. 

[Image: GlossyPotableBighorn-size_restricted.gif]
Like Reply