Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fantasy basketball league
(12-26-2020, 02:11 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Please! I would welcome that change, personally.
Seconded.
Like Reply
(12-26-2020, 10:34 PM)Derek Nowitzki Wrote: Seconded.

Fine for me
Like Reply
No objection to shortening waiver period.

Also, I am surprised to see that each position is set for 82 games. I think it should be set to 72 games each, to match this season? Otherwise, this is all about cramming in as many player games as possible.
Like Reply
Yo, if a player is “out” and I leave them in the lineup on a day when they have a game, do their straight zeros cost me a game at that position???
Like Reply
(12-29-2020, 07:42 AM)DaRiv Wrote: No objection to shortening waiver period.

Also, I am surprised to see that each position is set for 82 games.  I think it should be set to 72 games each, to match this season?  Otherwise, this is all about cramming in as many player games as possible.

That's my b yeah it should be 72 in theory given the abbreviated season. I'll update the max games tomorrow night if there's no objections

(12-29-2020, 07:51 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Yo, if a player is “out” and I leave them in the lineup on a day when they have a game, do their straight zeros cost me a game at that position???

No if someone doesn't play in a game they won't count against your games played totals
Like Reply
A few things:

1) are we shortening the season to 72 games or keeping it as it is?

2) is there any way to see how many games each team has played? I think everyone else is about twenty games ahead of me, but don’t want to go through every team to check...

3) trade season is upon us! I’ve got too many assists, so need to shore up some other areas if anyone’s interested?
Like Reply
(01-03-2021, 08:07 AM)Derek Nowitzki Wrote: A few things:

1) are we shortening the season to 72 games or keeping it as it is?

2) is there any way to see how many games each team has played? I think everyone else is about twenty games ahead of me, but don’t want to go through every team to check...

3) trade season is upon us! I’ve got too many assists, so need to shore up some other areas if anyone’s interested?

1) I think it's set on 82 games.

2) Overall stats standings have GP for every team (you're on 41, highest are on 66)

3) I'd love to, but I'm too attached to my guys.
Like Reply
Ok I've dropped it down to 72 games per position. I think it's still early enough to make the change that everyone should be able to adjust accordingly.
Like Reply
Where does it show games per position???
Like Reply
At the bottom of your team/roster page.
Like Reply
Hey guys, moved this over to the new contest and Challenges forum!
Like Reply
Great, I just lost 3 games of playing Harden since BKN has played 12 and HOU only 9.
Like Reply
So many postponed games... I wonder if they will actually be played at the later date. I’m worried I’m not going to get all my games played.

Also, even with the least amount of games played, I’m looking almost unbeatable in steals, so anyone who wants to trade 3’s, blocks or rebounds for assists, hit me up...
Like Reply
Hey yo COMMISH! What's the purpose of the trade transaction length?
Like Reply
default setting I believe. I was surprised to see it set for multiple day review as well.
Like Reply
Thanks everyone for the fun league.  madmavsgirl, you had me nervous to the very last day, I thought you could overtake me in rebounds and squeak out a win.  KP's Third Knee, I hope you enjoyed Haliburton, dropping him was my worst move of the season. Well, hopefully the Mavs get it together for a deep run!!  Hope to do another league next year.
Like Reply
What I have learned: I don't understand the rules very well. I was in third all year, then in 2nd for a while close to the end, and then I dropped all the way to 7th at the end. 

I guess it's because I was the first to max out my games? I really never bothered to learn how the thing is scored.
Like Reply
Major congratulations to David "DaRiv" on an epic fantasy hoops win this year. I think the players (real and fantasy alike) would agree that this wasn't the easiest season. That said, this was an incredibly competitive season, and I am proud to have been a part of a league defined by a high level of activity and maneuvering.

On a personal note, I've been super busy this past weekend, graduating on Sunday from Vanderbilt University's Peabody College with a M.Ed. It's been a pleasure battling alongside you all for the ship. I look forward to awarding DaRiv a custom, inaugural, virtual Golden Dirk Championship Trophy this Tuesday evening to coincide with the kickoff of the 2021 NBA playoffs play-in tournament. 

Congratulations to our winner, and to all who competed. I hope everyone had fun in this unique season-long format. Special thank you to aguiar95 for the idea of a forum league.

Sincerely,

The commish
Samwise
Like Reply
(05-17-2021, 09:14 PM)Luka_Magic Wrote: On a personal note, I've been super busy this past weekend, graduating on Sunday from Vanderbilt University's Peabody College with a M.Ed. It's been a pleasure battling alongside you all for the ship.

Very nice!  Congratulations, I wish you the best in your career.
Like Reply
I present... the 2020-2021 MFFL League commemerative wallpaper! Again, congrats to our champion. 

[Image: 2020-2021-MFFL-League-Championship-Wallpaper.png]
Like Reply