Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Play-in game night 1: Cha @Ind, Was @Bos
Hopefully, this 2nd matchup will actually be a game.
Like Reply
Kemba Walker looking like he cares on defense to me.

Kemba drives for the bucket on one possession, then creates a wide open three on the next.
Like Reply
Smart is the worst Celtic on the floor, by far. Not really handling Westbrook all that well, and puts up a shot every time he touches the ball.
Like Reply
(05-18-2021, 08:16 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Smart is the worst Celtic on the floor, by far. Not really handling Westbrook all that well, and puts up a shot every time he touches the ball.

Westbrook is 1-4 from the floor. He is doing exaclty what any "smart" defender would do. Let him brick away from midrange. Smart is 2-4 from the floor. Tatum is way worse. Cannot beat anyone of the dribble and is forced into difficult shots fromt the perimeter or floater/runner attempts over a longer defender.
Like Reply
Drawing the offensive foul with great pick and roll defense against Beal. Not sure if we are watching the same game.
Like Reply
(05-18-2021, 08:22 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Drawing the offensive foul with great pick and roll defense against Beal. Not sure if we are watching the same game.

Well, in full disclosure, I had to step away for a minute or two, but it seems to me like Westbrook is getting anywhere he wants. He just drew a foul in the paint while I was typing this. 

Serious question: has Smart passed the ball once yet? 

EDIT: as I was typing THAT, he got a tough offensive rebound and passed it to Tatum. That was nice. I just HATE how he thinks the offense is about him. I always have.
Like Reply
(05-18-2021, 08:28 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Well, in full disclosure, I had to step away for a minute or two, but it seems to me like Westbrook is getting anywhere he wants. He just drew a foul in the paint while I was typing this. 

Serious question: has Smart passed the ball once yet? 

EDIT: as I was typing THAT, he got a tough offensive rebound and passed it to Tatum. That was nice. I just HATE how he thinks the offense is about him. I always have.

I think it goes both ways. Ideally I would prefer a less trigger happy version of Smart but It also feels like Tatum and Walker are struggling and he is just trying to step up.

Side note: I think you are mixing him up with Nesmith or Williams.
Like Reply
(05-18-2021, 08:32 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Side note: I think you are mixing him up with Nesmith or Williams.

lol, no, I know who Smart is, and I for sure wouldn't mix him up with tall ass Time Lord.  I'm going to choose to believe you didn't mean that to be intentionally insulting.
Like Reply
Crazy pace from the Wizards. Westbrook or Smith going full speed on every single possession.

(05-18-2021, 08:34 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: lol, no, I know who Smart is, and I for sure wouldn't mix him up with tall ass Time Lord.  I'm going to choose to believe you didn't mean that to be intentionally insulting.

The offense rebound was definitely Nesmith. Same for the foul. Smart wasn´t even on the floor. Smart wears 36. Nesmith 26. Not sure how my post was insulting in any way or form.
Like Reply
(05-18-2021, 08:34 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: The offense rebound was definitely Nesmith. Same for the foul. Smart wasn´t even on the floor.

Ah, my mistake then. I listened to Marv. 

I do know who Smart is, and what number he wears, and NOW I know that he still hasn't passed once.

He's back on now. Let's see if he plays anything remotely resembling team basketball.

A PASS!!!!
Like Reply
I agree that Tatum looks rough tonight, so far. 

Walker has had some good moments and some not good moments. Overall, I think he's playing well, personally.

Ok, that's two passes in the half court from Smart now. Maybe he's reading.
Like Reply
To be fair to Smart though, this offense looks pretty bad no matter who has the ball. Either Stevens is overrated or this roster is, imo. Or both.

He just made a nice pass to Thompson.
Like Reply
(05-18-2021, 08:44 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I agree that Tatum looks rough tonight, so far. 

Walker has had some good moments and some not good moments. Overall, I think he's playing well, personally.

Ok, that's two passes in the half court from Smart now. Maybe he's reading.

Somehow I get that feeling that you are a little bit biased. Smart is a willing passer (actually leads the Celtics in assists). Walker and Tatum are both worse chuckers.
Tatum is 3-12, Walker 2-8, Smart 3-7.
And now he is injured.
Like Reply
(05-18-2021, 08:50 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Somehow I get the feeling that you are a little bit biased

Oh, I definitely am. He's one of my least favorite players in the NBA.

I dislike dumb players who think they're offensive superstars. 

I like that he plays hard, and I USED to like his defense, but I think his effectiveness on D has decreased dramatically over the past couple of seasons.
Like Reply
(05-18-2021, 08:51 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Oh, I definitely am. He's one of my least favorite players in the NBA.

Biased as well. My aunt lives in Flower Mound. Smart is a local hero.

(05-18-2021, 08:51 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Oh, I definitely am. He's one of my least favorite players in the NBA.

I dislike dumb players who think they're offensive superstars. 

I like that he plays hard, and I USED to like his defense, but I think his effectiveness on D has decreased dramatically over the past couple of seasons.

Clearly worse this season but I think it is mostly about injuries. Might be related to his play style. Going all out and playing physical defense.
Like Reply
Celtics gifted away their starting center to avoid the luxury tax. No suprise that they are getting destroyed on the boards.
Like Reply
Walker SHOULD'VE picked the Mavs, imo. 

He's a pick and roll guard, 100%. One of the best at that, really. This team has no screener anymore, and only seems interested in high post isos, which might generate interior passes off of motion before the guy with the ball puts up a brick.
Like Reply
(05-18-2021, 09:02 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Walker SHOULD'VE picked the Mavs, imo. 

He's a pick and roll guard, 100%. One of the best at that, really. This team has no screener anymore, and only seems interested in high post isos, which might generate interior passes off of motion before the guy with the ball puts up a brick.

Kinda happy that he didn´t. One injury-prone guy on a max contract is bad enough.
Like Reply
Ok, that was a pretty good play from Smart to close out the half.

(05-18-2021, 09:04 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Kinda happy that he didn´t. One injury-prone guy on a max contract is bad enough.

Yeah, but it might have gone totally differently here. He looks fine to me right now, he's just not in a system that plays to his strengths.
Like Reply
https://bleacherreport.com/celtics-fans-...h-injuries
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply