Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Trade & Free Agency 2026/2027
Tanking injury?  He and Pippen went out at the same time.
Like Reply
So with the Warriors pick, we just threw in another 2nd rd pick.

The more things change!
Like Reply
Don’t know how feasible but in mays press conference he mentioned in passing that they will be playing a very an unconventional style of basketball. Could that be Flagg playing a lot of 2?

Flagg
Santi
Morez
Pj
With a pg?

Sounds out there but what he said at his pc caught my attention without giving specifics
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • BigDirk41, Winter
Like Reply
(07-01-2026, 06:31 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Don’t know how feasible but in mays press conference he mentioned in passing that they will be playing a very an unconventional style of basketball.  Could that be Flagg playing a lot of 2?

Flagg
Santi
Morez
Pj
With a pg?

Sounds out there but what he said at his pc caught my attention without giving specifics

Flagg is the best 2 we have.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • BigDirk41, ThisIStheYear
Like Reply
PJ, Gafford, Naji, or Lively for Monk?
Like Reply
I don't know this dude very well at all, but he's young, long and it sure seems like he can shoot.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41, From Dirk to SCREW YOU Nico
Like Reply
(07-01-2026, 06:39 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I don't know this dude very well at all, but he's young, long and it sure seems like he can shoot.

I think he was their sneaky way of getting a player like Mara without you noticing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • Winter
Like Reply
(07-01-2026, 06:41 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I think he was their sneaky way of getting a player like Mara without you noticing.

Good one.
Like Reply
(07-01-2026, 06:41 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I think he was their sneaky way of getting a player like Mara without you noticing.

Uh oh! He's not a slow, drop-coverage big, is he? 

He seems more like a 4/5 type who moves pretty well and can play on the perimeter based on the little I've digested over the past few minutes.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(07-01-2026, 06:44 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Uh oh! He's not a slow, drop-coverage big, is he? 

He seems more like a 4/5 type who moves pretty well and can play on the perimeter based on the little I've digested over the past few minutes.

I just watched his 37 point-game and 29-point game. He can definitely shoot.
[-] The following 4 users Like Winter's post:
  • BigDirk41, From Dirk to SCREW YOU Nico, KillerLeft, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(07-01-2026, 06:44 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Uh oh! He's not a slow, drop-coverage big, is he? 

He seems more like a 4/5 type who moves pretty well and can play on the perimeter based on the little I've digested over the past few minutes.

Nah, he’s just Spanish and tall, and I grabbed the low hanging fruit to yank your chain.
Like Reply
(07-01-2026, 06:15 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I’m not sure we necessarily have to send any out out yet in terms of positional crowding.  I guess it depends on health projections for Lively.  If the projections are bad, could be as simple as:


Gafford/Morez/Cisse (Lively)
PJ/Aldama
Flagg/Naji/Martin
Christie/Klay/de Larrea
Irving/Sasser/Nembhard

This team is $17.3mm under the tax and can still use the $15mm MLE, but obviously would need to move off of someone to keep the roster at 15.
Like Reply
He can play out of the perimeter and let Rez clean up under the basket.
[-] The following 2 users Like Winter's post:
  • BigDirk41, DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
(07-01-2026, 06:07 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: I can't say the moves make sense yet, but I do have faith that they'll make sense in the end. I really like the trade as far as value and talent return. We definitely need some guards though..lol
I’m starting to understand how this all adds up. Welcome to the backcourt Cooper Flagg! You are now a guard.  He and Kyrie really will be reprising the Lukai backcourt it seems. We need a nickname.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Well damn...now I have to stop with the jokes about our Lord and Sasser.

Love the Aldama trade. Really solid stretch big on a 2 year contract. It'll be interesting to see if Biberovic decides to come over too.
Like Reply
(07-01-2026, 06:48 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: This team is $17.3mm under the tax and can still use the $15mm MLE, but obviously would need to move off of someone to keep the roster at 15.

Feels like they’ll keep the rest of the TPE open til the season in case a Kyrie trade materializes.
Like Reply
(07-01-2026, 06:56 PM)loki Wrote: Well damn...now I have to stop with the jokes about our Lord and Sasser.

Love the Aldama trade. Really solid stretch big on a 2 year contract. It'll be interesting to see if Biberovic decides to come over too.

People should check out a Biberovic highlight on Youtube. Fun watch.

So far, all the Mavs acquisitions have been young, talented, and reasonably priced. I looked at a few interviews and came away impressed that the choices were generally high character players as well - guys like Aldama, Sasser, and Rez all fit that, (add that to Flagg and Kyrie) and I have to think Masai and Schmitz made sure that didn't leave Dusty May with any problem players.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Winter's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
What do the analytics nerds have to say about Aldama?

I'm trying to get excited...again...young, long, moves ok and most importantly CAN SHOOT. But, I'm struggling with this a little.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(07-01-2026, 07:05 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: What do the analytics nerds have to say about Aldama?

I'm trying to get excited...again...young, long, moves ok and most importantly CAN SHOOT. But, I'm struggling with this a little.

I AM IN LOVE!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Guys in the Discord speculating that we’re getting Mathurin in the conglomerated trade. He’s okay, but seems very un-Masai in that even Rick Carlisle couldn’t get him to play defense.
Like Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 97 Guest(s)