Posts: 21,276
Threads: 71
Likes Received: 14,213 in 7,265 posts
Likes Given: 14,644
Likes Received: 14,213 in 7,265 posts
Likes Given: 14,644
Joined: Aug 2020
(06-30-2026, 06:43 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Tony Jones (@Tjonesonthenba)
Utah Jazz restricted free agent Walker Kessler has had meetings with a couple of teams and is headed to another meeting, league sources tell The Athletic. He holds multiple offers in the mid to high 30’s annually, along with structure of his choice, including player options
I'll be the first to admit I'm no expert on Kessler. Maybe he's a LOT better than I think, but...idk, that seems like crazy money to me.
Posts: 10,950
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 5,007 in 2,880 posts
Likes Given: 407
Likes Received: 5,007 in 2,880 posts
Likes Given: 407
Joined: Sep 2019
(06-30-2026, 05:58 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Legion Hoops (@LegionHoops)
Quentin Grimes is reportedly expected to sign a contract in the $10 million per year range, per @JakeLFischer
Sold!
Posts: 290
Threads: 0
Likes Received: 200 in 116 posts
Likes Given: 17
Likes Received: 200 in 116 posts
Likes Given: 17
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 21,276
Threads: 71
Likes Received: 14,213 in 7,265 posts
Likes Given: 14,644
Likes Received: 14,213 in 7,265 posts
Likes Given: 14,644
Joined: Aug 2020
(06-30-2026, 07:28 PM)Moviemavguy Wrote: Slowwww start to FA.
Dude, for real. The morning ramp up was 100X more interesting than the beginning of the real thing.
Posts: 21,276
Threads: 71
Likes Received: 14,213 in 7,265 posts
Likes Given: 14,644
Likes Received: 14,213 in 7,265 posts
Likes Given: 14,644
Joined: Aug 2020
Pretty dope tweet here from Michael Redd. Normally I'd copy/paste, but this is a long one. Worth the read, imo.
https://x.com/MichaelRedd_/status/207200...83234?s=20
Posts: 9,004
Threads: 12
Likes Received: 5,041 in 2,675 posts
Likes Given: 1,417
Likes Received: 5,041 in 2,675 posts
Likes Given: 1,417
Joined: Sep 2019
(06-30-2026, 07:35 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Dude, for real. The morning ramp up was 100X more interesting than the beginning of the real thing.
Should have listened to Ujiri. Free agency is kinda dead...
Posts: 21,276
Threads: 71
Likes Received: 14,213 in 7,265 posts
Likes Given: 14,644
Likes Received: 14,213 in 7,265 posts
Likes Given: 14,644
Joined: Aug 2020
Keith Smith:
https://x.com/KeithSmithNBA/status/20721...58607?s=20
Note on Kristaps Porzingis' new contract with the Warriors:
This is an extension (and it's already official) vs a new deal. The deal also didn't include greater than a 5% raise from Year 1 to Year 2.
That means that Porzingis is immediately trade-eligible. No restrictions.
Posts: 333
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 68 in 53 posts
Likes Given: 8
Likes Received: 68 in 53 posts
Likes Given: 8
Joined: Jun 2024
How come no moves or signings. Even that idiot Nico got some moves done early.
Posts: 761
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 1,256 in 465 posts
Likes Given: 1,662
Likes Received: 1,256 in 465 posts
Likes Given: 1,662
Joined: Aug 2021
This time of year used to feel like NBA Christmas morning and now it's more like NBA Arbor day.
Posts: 21,276
Threads: 71
Likes Received: 14,213 in 7,265 posts
Likes Given: 14,644
Likes Received: 14,213 in 7,265 posts
Likes Given: 14,644
Joined: Aug 2020
NBACentel
https://x.com/TheNBACentel/status/207200...23871?s=20
LeBron James reportedly told Bronny James he was going to get milk and never returned.
Bronny James is said to be hurt by the situation.
[url=https://x.com/TheNBACentel/status/2072000251888623871/photo/1][/url]
Posts: 9,004
Threads: 12
Likes Received: 5,041 in 2,675 posts
Likes Given: 1,417
Likes Received: 5,041 in 2,675 posts
Likes Given: 1,417
Joined: Sep 2019
Quote:The Lakers are expected to land Sandro Mamukelashvili and Quentin Grimes, per
@JakeLFischer
"The whole league is operating as if Mamu and Quentin Grimes are done there"
Breaking News
Posts: 10,950
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 5,007 in 2,880 posts
Likes Given: 407
Likes Received: 5,007 in 2,880 posts
Likes Given: 407
Joined: Sep 2019
(06-30-2026, 08:26 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Breaking News 
Nooooooooo. You had one job, Ujiri.
Posts: 21,276
Threads: 71
Likes Received: 14,213 in 7,265 posts
Likes Given: 14,644
Likes Received: 14,213 in 7,265 posts
Likes Given: 14,644
Joined: Aug 2020
Is Quentin Grimes an upgrade over Smart?
I don’t love either player, but my instinct is no.
Posts: 4,445
Threads: 48
Likes Received: 4,778 in 2,230 posts
Likes Given: 4,365
Likes Received: 4,778 in 2,230 posts
Likes Given: 4,365
Joined: Oct 2019
@ShamsCharania
Free agent sharpshooter Luke Kennard has agreed to a two-year, $13 million deal with the Phoenix Suns, with a player option for the second season, sources tell ESPN.
Posts: 608
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 404 in 230 posts
Likes Given: 165
Likes Received: 404 in 230 posts
Likes Given: 165
Joined: Dec 2019
Since when has FA ever been interesting in Dallas? I have no care for what other teams do.
I’m ready for the season to start and for the Mavs to low key kick the league in the balls.
I’m not impressed with anything I’m seeing anywhere else.
Posts: 4,445
Threads: 48
Likes Received: 4,778 in 2,230 posts
Likes Given: 4,365
Likes Received: 4,778 in 2,230 posts
Likes Given: 4,365
Joined: Oct 2019
If the Mavs do keep Max and Naji, both extension eligible… what do we think their market value is?
Max: 4/$72m ?
Naji: 4/$60m ?
More? Less?
Posts: 290
Threads: 0
Likes Received: 200 in 116 posts
Likes Given: 17
Likes Received: 200 in 116 posts
Likes Given: 17
Joined: Sep 2019
(06-30-2026, 08:57 PM)windjc Wrote: Since when has FA ever been interesting in Dallas? I have no care for what other teams do.
I’m ready for the season to start and for the Mavs to low key kick the league in the balls.
I’m not impressed with anything I’m seeing anywhere else.
Well Masai goes on and on about winning. Well friend...we don't have a good team right now. That involves getting talent.
He'd be better off just telling us we're in a rebuild. Which, I'm fine with because it's reality. But the Mavs are nowhere near being a contender.
Posts: 21,276
Threads: 71
Likes Received: 14,213 in 7,265 posts
Likes Given: 14,644
Likes Received: 14,213 in 7,265 posts
Likes Given: 14,644
Joined: Aug 2020
(06-30-2026, 09:00 PM)Smitty Wrote: If the Mavs do keep Max and Naji, both extension eligible… what do we think their market value is?
Max: 4/$72m ?
Naji: 4/$60m ?
More? Less?
Both are tough to find comps for, imo.
I struggle with the idea of giving either of them extensions. I'm tempted to say "wait and see" on Christie, but if he has a great season, we might wish they'd gotten him pinned down this summer, I suppose.
Posts: 2,791
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 2,395 in 1,215 posts
Likes Given: 2,865
Likes Received: 2,395 in 1,215 posts
Likes Given: 2,865
Joined: Jul 2022
06-30-2026, 09:13 PM
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2026, 09:17 PM by RoyTarpleysGhost.)
That Luke Kennard deal looks like a steal to me.
edit: apparently Kennard lives in Phoenix so that might have been appealing
Posts: 10,950
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 5,007 in 2,880 posts
Likes Given: 407
Likes Received: 5,007 in 2,880 posts
Likes Given: 407
Joined: Sep 2019
(06-30-2026, 08:43 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Is Quentin Grimes an upgrade over Smart?
I don’t love either player, but my instinct is no.
In his prime, no. But today? Yeah.
|