Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Trade & Free Agency 2026/2027
(06-26-2026, 11:56 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Interesting.

If the Hawks had ANY realistic guards that were expendable I'd be more intrigued. So far the only guy(s) that I care about are Risacher, Newell, and maybe Buddy Hield. 

Simplest deal would be Gafford for Risacher + a protected FRP. 

Adds to our ever growing list of 6'8 forwards. 

Depth chart would be:

Kyrie/De Larrea/Nemby
Christie/Klay/AJ Johnson
Risacher/Naji/Martin/Lawal
Cooper/PJ/Ischenchko
Lively/Morez/Cisse(?) 

Number of guys over 6'7: 10

Obviously, I'm in on the proposed deal. I do not think you're getting an additional 1st, which means more than half of the board would balk at the idea, but not me. 

That's the kind of potential I feel is needed around here right about now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • mvossman
Like Reply
(06-27-2026, 12:15 AM)JamesConway816 Wrote: I struggle to keep buying into any Gafford rumor at this point. Atlanta (and Indiana before) have been linked for a while now and nothing ever materializes.

With the Lively news in mind it makes a trade even less likely.

But I am more curious to see what they intend to do with Marshall. I hope it does not end with him walking in UFA next summer.

I don´t even think the Hawks are looking for a big man as much as they are looking for a solution to their Risacher problem, which is that he´s getting paid like a #1 pick, expects to get played like a #1 pick, is extension eligible, played 23 minutes in the play-offs and they just traded for Wiggins. Do they prefer a big as a return? Probably, but mainly they want it known that they are open for business, which automatically leads to Risacher and Kuminga.
Like Reply
(06-26-2026, 08:27 PM)Torielp10 Wrote: The more I think about nembhard and this team the more I think he could be a piece. Obviously not a starter, but how much of a luxury to have a guy that can come in with the bench unit and keep the offense flowing while our starters get rest. He’s a true floor general. Barrera came in to get buckets but having a guy that can come in and run the offense, set up shooters, run the pick n roll, and limit turnovers should be seen as a plus. Again I know he will not be a starter but I think you gotta find a spot for him on the team. I hope we do

I am big nemby fan and think he can be a good backup on good teams.  Probably not ready yet but close.  With Kyrie going to miss games, you need cheap labor.  Nemby is a Pro who doesn’t make mistakes.  Whether he fits in with new leadership is another question.  I hope so.  I believe he has everything they are looking for besides height.

I am so high on him that I would be in favor of giving him a three year deal with protections like the grizzlies did with cam Spencer.  I am less certain on I see but if they view him as a roster guy, I would give him a similar contract.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • Scott41theMavs, Torielp10
Like Reply
(06-26-2026, 11:03 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Here's a random name.

If Bradley Beal declines his player option. Do you sign him to a 2/20 year deal using the MLE?
Intersting name.  With sniffing around with the expectation that prime Beal is long gone.  Could be an intersting gamble though
Like Reply
I'm totally for trading Gafford but for Risacher and a 2nd rd pick is the exact type of trade I would not do. You have to be willing to change your opinion on players based on new information. Lively might never play basketball again. Risacher is a bust. He offers 0 ballhandling or playmaking. At this point, his best case scenario is he turns into DFS. I liked both those players a year ago but now they're afterthoughts.

You gonna tell the vets on the team that we just traded our starting center for this bust out of France? I dont think that's going to go over too well. There's a fine line between we have a long term outlook and we're starting Moussa Cisse at center on opening night.
[-] The following 2 users Like RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • F Gump, FireNicoHarrison
Like Reply
(06-27-2026, 04:37 AM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: I'm totally for trading Gafford but for Risacher and a 2nd rd pick is the exact type of trade I would not do.  You have to be willing to change your opinion on players based on new information.  Lively might never play basketball again.  Risacher is a bust.  He offers 0 ballhandling or playmaking.  At this point, his best case scenario is he turns into DFS.  I liked both those players a year ago but now they're afterthoughts. 

You gonna tell the vets on the team that we just traded our starting center for this bust out of France?  I dont think that's going to go over too well.  There's a fine line between we have a long term outlook and we're starting Moussa Cisse at center on opening night.

Funny you should say that... (c/o Chicagojk)

https://x.com/freewave3/status/2070682175440146764?s=46
Like Reply
I have no idea who freewave3 is.
Like Reply
(06-27-2026, 04:37 AM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: I'm totally for trading Gafford but for Risacher and a 2nd rd pick is the exact type of trade I would not do.  You have to be willing to change your opinion on players based on new information.  Lively might never play basketball again.  Risacher is a bust.  He offers 0 ballhandling or playmaking.  At this point, his best case scenario is he turns into DFS.  I liked both those players a year ago but now they're afterthoughts. 

You gonna tell the vets on the team that we just traded our starting center for this bust out of France?  I dont think that's going to go over too well.  There's a fine line between we have a long term outlook and we're starting Moussa Cisse at center on opening night.

People love former #1 pick... Bennett was one of them.

A bust is a bust.
Risacher can be a good role player as best case scenario. A MLE guy.
Like Reply
Looks like we’re gonna need Gafford. Although as he currently stands he is more of a 5 than a 4, I would still like to see Morez get some run at the 4, assuming he can hit a 3 at the NBA level, which I’m not really sure about.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dirknows's post:
  • FireNicoHarrison
Like Reply
(06-27-2026, 06:28 AM)Dirknows Wrote: Looks like we’re gonna need Gafford. Although as he currently stands he is more of a 5 than a 4, I would still like to see Morez get some run at the 4, assuming he can hit a 3 at the NBA level, which I’m not really sure about.

Our coach is confident about 3s and Jump shot... We will see...
Like Reply
What we think we know:
Lively is likely to be out early on, at best. Other teams have had exploratory trade discussions there.

Gafford was shopped for a top 20 pick in this draft. That appears to be his value for the MBT, but none of the top 20 teams felt the same.

Lakers, Nets, and Hawks still looking big men. Two of which have rumored interest in Gafford.

Nets like Robinson. So do Lakers. Both can’t sign him. Knicks still in play?

Should we be talking about the Nets? All the moves so far have come out of left field. They have a ton of guards. Mavs have a shortage.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smitty's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
@RobMurrows
Toronto Raptors forward Sandro Mamukelashvili is opting out of his $2.8 million player option and will hit the open market, per sources



BAE target for teams? More? I like him.
Like Reply
@RTNBA
Marcus Smart is strongly considering declining his $5.4M player option with the Lakers and entering free agency, per @TheSteinLine and @JakeLFischer.

The Rockets are expected to show interest in reuniting Smart with Ime Udoka.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
@HawksLead
Per @JakeLFischer | @TheSteinLine:

• The Hawks are actively pursuing a trade for a center.
• Atlanta has previously pursued centers Yves Missi, Goga Bitadze, and Daniel Gafford, all of whom have been viewed as potentially available.
• Following the draft, the Hawks explored testing Oklahoma City’s willingness to move Isaiah Hartenstein as part of their effort to upgrade the center rotation.
• Atlanta viewed Hartenstein as a longshot, but believed Oklahoma City’s selection of Aday Mara and second-apron concerns could have created a small window for a deal.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Hot stove basketball time! One of the best times of the year.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(06-27-2026, 07:14 AM)Smitty Wrote: What we think we know:

Gafford was shopped for a top 20 pick in this draft. That appears to be his value for the MBT, but none of the top 20 teams felt the same.

Lakers, Nets, and Hawks still looking big men. Two of which have rumored interest in Gafford.

I'm guessing the value we were looking for was 30+Gafford to move into the top 20.   The report I saw wasn't super clear whether they wanted a top 20 pick straight up for Gafford. That would seem quite unlikely.
Like Reply
Gafford --> ATL
Kispert + Gueye --> DAL

Kispert would help with the shooting and Mouhamed Gueye is a ridiculously athletic, a high upside rotation forward. In fact he's pretty much exactly what we'd hope Lawal will become. Doesn't address playmaking, so not a homerun, but Gueye is interesting.

Atlanta needs to get bigger and they just drafted Zuby who should be able to replace Gueye's minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glsoRiK0mUk
Like Reply
(06-27-2026, 08:47 AM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: I'm guessing the value we were looking for was 30+Gafford to move into the top 20.   The report I saw wasn't super clear whether they wanted a top 20 pick straight up for Gafford.  That would seem quite unlikely.

Certainly possible. I don’t remember the exact wording of the report. Even then, who’s to say it’s accurate. So far I don’t even trust Stein with Mavs news right now. Everything feels more like speculation on that front. Of course, I think Stein is SOLID, just that he’s probably getting Mavs related info from non-front office folks, i.e, Agents and other teams.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smitty's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
The 2026 NBA Draft came to an end on Wednesday, June 25.

After 60 selections, though, there are still plenty of players looking for landing spots after finishing their college careers.

A number of prospects have already signed with teams on two-way contracts, exhibit-10 deals or Summer League agreements, and will try to earn a spot within an NBA organization.

Here's an updated list of undrafted free agent signings following the draft.

Atlanta Hawks
Isaac McKneely, Louisville

Boston Celtics
Milos Uzan, Houston

Tucker DeVries, Indiana

Brooklyn Nets
Ben Humrichous, Illinois

Dion Brown, Saint Louis

Duke Brennan, Villanova

Charlotte Hornets
Max Mackinnon, LSU

Michael Ajayi, Butler

Latrell Wrightsell Jr., Alabama

Wyatt Fricks, Marshall

Kylan Boswell, Illinois

Chicago Bulls
Tobe Awaka, Arizona

Jaylin Sellers, Providence

Donovan Atwell, Texas Tech

Houston Mallette, Alabama

Cleveland Cavaliers
Xaivian Lee, Florida

Ernest Udeh Jr., Miami

Rashaun Agee, Texas A&M


Tre'Von Spillers, West Virginia

Denver Nuggets
Giovanni Emejuru, East Carolina

Aaron Nkrumah, Tennessee State

Mark Mitchell, Missouri

Detroit Pistons
Jaden Henley, Grand Canyon

Roddy Gayle Jr., Michigan

Orlando Magic

Corey Stephenson, FIU

Golden State Warriors
Graham Ike, Gonzaga

Nick Boyd, Wisconsin

CJ Gunn, DePaul

Reese Dixon-Waters, San Diego State

Houston Rockets
Quadir Copeland, NC State

Oscar Cluff, Purdue

Indiana Pacers
Kowacie Reeves Jr., Georgia Tech

Rienk Mast, Nebraska

Tamin Lipsey, Iowa State

Keba Kieta, BYU

Jalen Warley, Gonzaga

LA Clippers
Fletcher Loyer, Purdue

Themus Fulks, UCF

Riley Kugel, UCF

Los Angeles Lakers
Peter Suder, Miami (OH)

AK Okereke, Vanderbilt

Robbie Avila, Saint Louis

Chase Ross, Marquette

William Kyle III, Syracuse


Robert McCray V, Florida State

Jacari White, Virginia

Memphis Grizzlies
Carson Cooper, Michigan State

Zach Cleveland, Liberty

Brendan Hausen, Iowa

Jestin Porter, Clemson

Miami Heat
Keyshawn Hall, Auburn

J’Vonne Hadley, Louisville

Tre White, Kansas

Tre Donaldson, Miami

Meechie Johnson Jr., South Carolina

Arnas Sakenis, SIUE

Nate Kingz, Syracuse

Ezra Ausar, USC

Milwaukee Bucks
Rafael Castro, George Washington

Minnesota Timberwolves
Toby Harris, Iona

Devin McGlockton, Vanderbilt

New Orleans Pelicans
Melvin Council Jr., Kansas

Chris Bell, California

Shawn Phillips Jr., Missouri

Dominique Daniels Jr., California Baptist

Jordan Riley, East Carolina

Solomon Washington, Maryland

New York Knicks
Oziyah Sellers, St. John's

Oklahoma City Thunder
Lamar Wilkerson, Indiana

Nate Johnson, Kansas State

Sam Alexis, Indiana


Josh Dix, Creighton

Elijah Mahi, Santa Clara

Christoph Tilly, Ohio State

Bryce Harris, Howard

Orlando Magic
Malik Reneau, Miami

Mike Sharavjamts, South Carolina

Philadelphia 76ers
Javontae Campbell, Bowling Green

Isaac Johnson, Hawaii

Amani Lyles, Akron

Duke Miles, Vanderbilt

Phoenix Suns
Sam Hoiberg, Nebraska

Corey Camper Jr., Nevada

Portland Trail Blazers
Barry Dunning Jr., Pittsburgh

San Antonio Spurs
Tyon Grant-Foster, Gonzaga

Miles Barnstable, Tulsa

Harry Wessels, Saint Mary's

Sacramento Kings
Marquel Sutton, LSU

BJ Edwards, SMU

Elias Ralph, Pacific

Anthony Dell'Orso, Arizona

Toronto Raptors
Nimari Burnett, Michigan

Jalen Celestine, Cincinnati

Nate Bittle, Oregon

Malik Thomas, Virginia

Utah Jazz
Jaxon Kohler, Michigan State

Micah Handlogten, Florida

Washington Wizards
KeShawn Murphy, Auburn

John Camden, California
Like Reply
@UnderdogNBA
Offseason intel, per @thesteinline, @jakelfischer:

- Nikola Jokic considering delaying extension talks with Nuggets until after this summer
- Nuggets actively pursuing trades to strengthen supporting cast; are confident they will retain Peyton Watson
- Denver would prefer to trade Cam Johnson or Christian Braun over Aaron Gordon or Jamal Murray
- Dean Wade, Sandro Mamukelashvili could test open market
- Nets are suitors for Keon Ellis
- Rui Hachimura has interest from Nets, Spurs
- Moe Wagner has willingness to leave Orlando
Like Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: numnuts23, 12 Guest(s)