Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 NBA Draft
Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania)
Thunder are sending five seconds that span 2025 to 2027 to the Knicks.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Jake Fischer (@JakeLFischer)
Per source: Thunder sending five seconds to New York for No. 26:
2025 most favorable Celtics/Grizzlies, 2026 Warriors
2027 Wolves, 2027 2nd most favorable of four teams (lol) — OKC/HOU/MIA/IND — and last and finally... a 2027 most favorable (OKC/HOU/MIA/IND).
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Wow. PHX does not go for Kolek and instead goes for Ryan Dunn.

Im surprised.
Like Reply
Terrance Shannon goes to the Wolves. More bench scoring.
Like Reply
Dunn reminds me of Thybulle
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 09:51 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: . . . . But, then again, picks are the main currency in these deals, so HAVING them when you need them in large quantities would be a carrot for me, personally.

Always insightful posts. But sure looks to me like OKC has inflated the hell outta their own picks. Five of em for a shitty pick falling 18 spots after the Spurs said no thanks, we don’t want anybody from this year’s field.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Great pick by Boston. Some of the picks prior may be better suited in the modern nba but Baylor has something.
Like Reply
Fuck you Boston.

Baylor Scheierman is a great pick. Absolute sniper. Would've loved the Mavs to have gotten him.
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 10:13 PM)The Jom Wrote: Always insightful posts. But sure looks to me like OKC has inflated the hell outta their own picks. Five of em for a shitty pick falling 18 spots after the Spurs said no thanks, we don’t want anybody from this year’s field.

For sure! And, that's the thing that we all (myself included, and maybe especially) forget - that the circumstances matter, not just the number of picks changing hands. Like, again, Dallas trading away their 2025 won't be a game changer at all, although you hope they don't wast it because it will be a good draft. The ones that drive me insane are the ones so far into the future that the guy(s) you're acquiring won't even be on the team anymore. 

If this draft wasn't yucky, I'd be pissed that we're paying a pick from it for a guy who hasn't played here for years now and just single-handedly destroyed our Mavs in game 1 of the NBA finals. 

But, husah! The Porzingis disaster is finally over!
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 09:46 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Kyshawn George is a big dude. But he's going to be stuck in Washington. Poor guy.

Don't worry. If he's a good player he'll be a Mav in a couple of years. lol
Legler: "If Luka wins this year, against a healthy Celtics team, at his age, the league is in trouble."
[-] The following 3 users Like audiosway's post:
  • KillerLeft, Lukedoncic, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Atlanta will be interesting to watch. Will they go into full tank mode? They drafted a young wing project, where they already have Johnson and Hunter. Also a lot of noise of Murray trade to NO involving Ingram (another wing).

NO on the other hand, will be in dire need for a center after moving away from Valanciunas.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 10:54 PM)omahen Wrote: Atlanta will be interesting to watch. Will they go into full tank mode? They drafted a young wing project, where they already have Johnson and Hunter. Also a lot of noise of Murray trade to NO involving Ingram (another wing).

NO on the other hand, will be in dire need for a center after moving away from Valanciunas.

From what I've seen, Murray is gone. Spurs, most likely, but I've seen in a few places that Trae Young's contract makes Murray the preferred choice of every team calling. 

I think Hunter is very, very likely to be dealt as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • audiosway
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 10:10 PM)Luka77 Wrote: Dunn reminds me of Thybulle

Very much. Has no mid or long range game. Versatile defender who can jump through the roof.  Thought it was a mistake for him to come out. However, recent reports claim he impressed teams with his shooting during work outs which lifted him back into the first round.
“BE CURIOUS, NOT JUDGMENTAL…”
[-] The following 1 user Likes OBX Maverick's post:
  • Luka77
Like Reply
Some good/interesting prospects remain in the 2nd round. Would love it if the Mavs could get either Tyler Smith(6'10 forward with a great shot, very young, played for ignite) or Djurisic. I think those two could florish with the Mavs
[-] The following 2 users Like juanc's post:
  • KillerLeft, Luka77
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 09:23 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Yves Missi is like someone sneezed on a keyboard.

His surname might be misspelled, but it is a goat one
[-] The following 1 user Likes khaled1987's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 09:42 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: It feels so good the Knicks are stuck with this random ass pick in this bad draft vs. a lottery pick that got us Lively

I loved that we tanked ladt year, but if we didn't,  Knick were very unlikely have Lively still on board for their pick, and we would have had abetter pick this year too. 
It has all ended for the best, though
Like Reply
I don't anything about this guys but surprised the Bucks took AJ Johnson and the Wizards took Kyshawn George. Both of their highlights looked good. George has great size and I read a lot of good things about him, but then I saw last night he averaged 8 points a game. I know we drafted someone at 12 last year who averaged 5, but that concerned me a bit. I thought the Bucks would look for someone closer ready. The Bucks have struggled drafted recently, they really need to add people who can play now. To see the Celtics take a wing who can play now and the Bucks taking a prospect sort of hurts. I guess if he hits though......
Like Reply
Looking at the remaining guys. I would be super happy if the Mavs end up with one out of...

guards: Nunez, Shead
wings: Bridges, Djurisić
bigs: Mogbo, Ighodaro

All of them would add a skillset that the current roster is missing.
Like Reply
https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_...-questions

Round 1 winners and surprises in the draft
Like Reply
(06-27-2024, 07:42 AM)HoosierDaddyKidd Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_...-questions

Round 1 winners and surprises in the draft

Who did well in this draft:

Phoenix, Minnesota, Los Angeles, OKC, Portland, Houston....notice something.

Man f*** the East.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • GermanMav, SleepingHero
Like Reply