Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 NBA Draft
(06-26-2024, 08:05 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Interesting trade for Minny.

Spurs will need to be aggressive on the trade market, I think.  Still don’t have a lead guard

Maybe they want to tank another year. Realistically you´ll need at least 42 wins just to make the play-in. No matter how good Wembanyana is, that is a huge jump already. Also a question whether it´s really desireable.
Like Reply
Cody Williams is a real interesting pick for Utah.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 08:07 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn)
The Timberwolves are trading a 2031 unprotected first and a protected 2030 pick swap to the Spurs for Dillingham, source tells ESPN.
(@MavsFilmRoom)
Mavs can realistically get into the this part of the draft, if this is all it takes

Not that there’s a player worth doing this for for the Mavericks, but it’s revealing to see how this draft is being valued
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Jason Anderson (@JandersonSacBee)
I’m told the Sacramento Kings are still engaged in trade talks involving the No. 13 pick in the NBA draft. The two names I’m hearing right now: Washington Wizards small forward Kyle Kuzma and Brooklyn Nets small forward Cameron Johnson.
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 08:08 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Cody Williams is a real interesting pick for Utah.

He'll be playing against his brother JWill. Division rivals
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 08:09 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: (@MavsFilmRoom)
Mavs can realistically get into the this part of the draft, if this is all it takes

Not that there’s a player worth doing this for for the Mavericks, but it’s revealing to see how this draft is being valued

Topic would be interesting tbh, Serbian bany Luka joining real Luka
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 08:09 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: (@MavsFilmRoom)

I have a feeling if the right player is there at #26 we are trading with the Wizards tonight. I hope it´s Dadiet. I don´t really see much of a difference between him and the French guys taken in the top 6.
Like Reply
I want the wizards to select Knecht, so I could laugh at them for drafting someone who is older than Deni
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 08:15 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: I have a feeling if the right player is there at #26 we are trading with the Wizards tonight. I hope it´s Dadiet. I don´t really see much of a difference between him and the French guys taken in the top 6.

Maybe. I wouldn't be against it but the right deal has to be very specific in terms of cost and ability for us to resign DJJ.
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 08:02 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: So they get a scoring machine PG, who is severely undersized to pair with the huge Edwards/McDaniels/KAT/Gobert line-up. Fantastic.

For an UNPROTECTED 2031 pick.
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 08:16 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I want the wizards to select Knecht, so I could laugh at them for drafting someone who is older than Deni

Plus the meaning of his last name is journeyman. Big Grin 

Speaking of the Bulls, I´m so curious about all the old guys FAs like DeRozan. With guys like Anunoby and Barnes signing these massive extensions, these old guys must think: I should play for 18M, but these guys make three times the money.
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 08:16 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I want the wizards to select Knecht, so I could laugh at them for drafting someone who is older than Deni

Deni is older though.
Like Reply
ndrew Lopez (@_Andrew_Lopez)
The San Antonio Spurs will now own swap rights with both Minnesota and Dallas in the 2030 draft.

They can take the more favorable pick of those two that year.
Like Reply
DAMN. I hate OKC man. Great pick for them. Really really liked Topic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
Speaking of Knecht. Tankathon mock has been pretty good, except for the older college guys Knecht and Carter being passed over. Rick Carlisle sitting on the three 2nd rounders will feast, if the trend holds.
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 08:14 PM)khaled1987 Wrote: Topic would be interesting tbh, Serbian bany Luka joining real Luka

And just like that, they have replaced Giddy  although they will have to wait for him.
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 08:24 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: ndrew Lopez (@_Andrew_Lopez)
The San Antonio Spurs will now own swap rights with both Minnesota and Dallas in the 2030 draft.

They can take the more favorable pick of those two that year.

Luka and Edwards in their primes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Damn you Kings. I also really like Devin Carter.
Like Reply
Seems teams really want to give up nothing for a pick in this draft, so all potential trade spots (Houston, Charlotte, Portland, Sacramento have just collapsed so far. Imagine if we hadn´t tanked last year to get Lively, converted him to the Knicks, to add to Brunson/Bridges/Anunoby/Randle while we get to pick some projected bum this year. But yeah strategic tanking is dumb. Cry
[-] The following 4 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • audiosway, Jmaciscool, Lukedoncic, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
[Image: 1806137688874987876_0.jpg?ex=667e12c7&is...eight=1514]
[-] The following 4 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, Jmaciscool, Mavs2021, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply