Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 3.65 Average
MAVS NEWS: Dudley Signs with Klutch| Unlikely Dud Goes to LAL
(06-23-2024, 06:57 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: This is a pretty interesting list, right here:

https://x.com/CrumpledJumper/status/1805011828852019670

That list suggests that the Mavs need to consider any other improving moves secondary to making sure they can wrap up DJJ.
[-] The following 3 users Like Scott41theMavs's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, Jmaciscool, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(06-23-2024, 07:31 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: That list suggests that the Mavs need to consider any other improving moves secondary to making sure they can wrap up DJJ.

Couldn’t agree more. If he had been the starter all season he would have led the league in minutes against the opposing scoring handler by miles.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(06-23-2024, 07:31 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: That list suggests that the Mavs need to consider any other improving moves secondary to making sure they can wrap up DJJ.

Didn't Nico say their plan is to bring back the top 7-8 players from last year? That certainly includes DJJ, and Nico says that he's their top priority this summer.. And if the broad statement is true, makes extremely unlikely any potential for trades involving Green and Maxi

Playoff minutes leaders, in order:
Luka 
Kyrie
PJW
DJJ
Lively
Gafford
Green
Maxi
Like Reply
https://x.com/statmuse/status/1804988126...44?ref_src=

13 yrs ago today, Kyrie was drafted 1st overall
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKidd's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
Marc Stein (@TheSteinLine)
The Knicks have hired Casey Smith, longtime athletic trainer for both the Dallas Mavericks and USA Basketball, as their new vice president of sports medicine.

More around-the-league NBA notes from me: https://marcstein.substack.com/p/more-ne...chatter-on
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(06-23-2024, 09:14 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Marc Stein (@TheSteinLine)
The Knicks have hired Casey Smith, longtime athletic trainer for both the Dallas Mavericks and USA Basketball, as their new vice president of sports medicine.

More around-the-league NBA notes from me: https://marcstein.substack.com/p/more-ne...chatter-on

Anyway around the paywall?
Like Reply
(06-24-2024, 12:19 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Anyway around the paywall?

Haven't found one yet. Stein's stuff is always hidden behind paywalls nowadays
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(06-24-2024, 12:54 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Haven't found one yet. Stein's stuff is always hidden behind paywalls nowadays

I don't see the Casey Smith info in his regular news, he must have just twitted it. 

In his main news he mentioned Mavs pripority is finding a trade partner for THJ to clear room for DJJ. Nothing else on Mavs
[-] The following 3 users Like omahen's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, RoyTarpleysGhost, SleepingHero
Like Reply
https://x.com/TheSteinLine/status/1805268993290227847

Dallas' Luka Dončić has joined the Slovenian national team in advance of the Olympic qualifying tournament it will contest in Greece from July 2-7 and is expected to begin practicing this week.

Luka looking like he's walking gingerly here. I admire his gumption.
Like Reply
(06-24-2024, 11:09 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://x.com/TheSteinLine/status/1805268993290227847

Dallas' Luka Dončić has joined the Slovenian national team in advance of the Olympic qualifying tournament it will contest in Greece from July 2-7 and is expected to begin practicing this week.

Luka looking like he's walking gingerly here. I admire his gumption.

This...is maybe worrying me a bit. Does he not need surgery?
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(06-24-2024, 08:51 AM)omahen Wrote: I don't see the Casey Smith info in his regular news, he must have just twitted it. 

The Casey Smith thing is weird. Brunson plays in NY. Maybe just a coincidence, although we can eliminate Brunson as the player/front office type with whom Casey clashed. 

What caused the weird divorce between Smith and the Mavs?
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Omahen, what are they saying about Luka's injuries in Slovenia?
Like Reply
(06-24-2024, 11:46 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Omahen, what are they saying about Luka's injuries in Slovenia?

I didn't see anything. I doubt he would play if his injuries would be threatening. 

Luka is driving everyone mad Smile

A lot of things point towards that all this national actions are basically a vacation for Luka. Hanging out with friends, playing some ball. Even if our team gets the worst version of Luka, he is still by far the best player and team still by far better.

Of course this is driving the Slovenian fans mad, because they want the absolute best version of Luka, who is also totally locked in. More likely, we might see a subpar version of him.  No one can be at 100 % 365 days per year. But, who knows, it might even work in a very short tournament like this qualifications. Not so sure about the olympic tournament, though, if they qualify.

On the other hand, Mavs fans are mad because there are a ton of reasonable arguments he should rest and prepare for next season.
[-] The following 4 users Like omahen's post:
  • Jmaciscool, KillerLeft, michaeltex, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(06-24-2024, 12:33 PM)omahen Wrote: I didn't see anything. I doubt he would play if his injuries would be threatening. 

A lot of things point towards that all this national actions are basically a vacation for Luka. Hanging out with friends, playing some ball. Even if our team gets the worst version of Luka, he is still by far the best player and team still by far better.

Of course this is driving the Slovenian fans mad, because they want the absolute best version of Luka, who is also totally locked in. More likely, we might see a subpar version of him.  No one can be at 100 % 365 days per year. But, who knows, it might even work in a very short tournament like this qualifications. Not so sure about the olympic tournament, though, if they qualify.

On the other hand, Mavs fans are mad because there are a ton of reasonable arguments he should rest and prepare for next season.

We're super lucky to have a guy around who appreciates both sides of this and can offer insight from both POV's. Thanks!!!!!
[-] The following 4 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • Jmaciscool, omahen, RoyTarpleysGhost, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(06-24-2024, 12:33 PM)omahen Wrote: I didn't see anything. I doubt he would play if his injuries would be threatening. 

Honestly I'm probably in the minority of wanting Luka to play for his national team, because it's obviously very important for him. I will say though Slovenia has it cut out for them in this qualification tournament. They have to get through Croatia (who is no slouch) and New Zealand (a bit easier), and if they do then they have the honor of facing Greece. 

If Luka can get through that on 1 leg, then its just some more Luka Magic to add to his lore.
Like Reply
(06-24-2024, 12:59 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Honestly I'm probably in the minority of wanting Luka to play for his national team, because it's obviously very important for him. I will say though Slovenia has it cut out for them in this qualification tournament. They have to get through Croatia (who is no slouch) and New Zealand (a bit easier), and if they do then they have the honor of facing Greece. 

If Luka can get through that on 1 leg, then its just some more Luka Magic to add to his lore.

So strictly from a Mavs perspective we‘d have to hope that Slovenia misses the Olympics, right? Or would that give Luka even more time to eat and drink unhealthy and return in even worse form…?
Like Reply
(06-24-2024, 01:03 PM)Knutsen Wrote: So strictly from a Mavs perspective we‘d have to hope that Slovenia misses the Olympics, right? Or would that give Luka even more time to eat and drink unhealthy and return in even worse form…?

From a Mavs perspective, yes, we have to hope either Slovenia loses out in their first group (highly unlikely) or they lose in the first stage knockout round on July 6th.

I for one am rooting for Slovenia. They are my team if USA somehow doesn't show up.
Like Reply
(06-24-2024, 01:08 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: From a Mavs perspective, yes, we have to hope either Slovenia loses out in their first group (highly unlikely) or they lose in the first stage knockout round on July 6th.

I for one am rooting for Slovenia. They are my team if USA somehow doesn't show up.

Dirk won‘t like this, Sleeping… For me it‘s easy, Germany is my first, second and third choice - but it won‘t get any better than winning the World Cup last summer, probably ever.
[-] The following 2 users Like Knutsen's post:
  • BigDirk41, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(06-24-2024, 01:12 PM)Knutsen Wrote: Dirk won‘t like this, Sleeping… For me it‘s easy, Germany is my first, second and third choice - but it won‘t get any better than winning the World Cup last summer, probably ever.

I hope Dirk forgives me. I find it really hard to root for Schroeder.
Like Reply
(06-24-2024, 01:23 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I hope Dirk forgives me. I find it really hard to root for Schroeder.

I completely understand that one. I guess he‘s one of those guys you love or hate, with not much in between (I know „hate“ is a strong word, it‘s sports hate only). 

But if he’s the fearless and brave leader that makes your national team believe they can beat absolutely anybody including the US you like him. 

I would like a guy like him off the bench for the Mavs by the way, who gets after each and everybody, similar to McConnell.
Like Reply