Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 1 Playoffs 2024: Dallas Mavericks (0-0) vs. Boston Celtics (0-0)
Well not good enough for game 1. Mavs have to make some major adjustments.

Need a lively and Kyrie to be big in this series. Disappointed with the effort. Got out hustled the entire night. That can’t happen again.

This was going to be a difficult series to win anyway. No chance if you get bullied and outhustled. That is the mavs way.
Like Reply
(06-06-2024, 09:37 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: PJ and DJJ are going to struggle this series because they're facing better defenders, and Boston is going to make them make shots.

I think PJ was low-key the best player on the team tonight, at least relative to expectations. I thought he was physical, hard-nosed, and was out there mixing it up. Got them some pretty tough buckets inside, and as far as I can tell, he was literally the only one rebounding.
[-] The following 4 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41, fifteenth, MarkAguirreWrathofGod, Smitty
Like Reply
I think we may have to abandon Gafford unfortunately. Play Lively , Maxi and PJ at the 5.
Like Reply
We need one of Tim, Exum or Hardy to step up. Kidd needs to figure out which one it’s going to be FAST.
Like Reply
(06-06-2024, 09:41 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Well at least it got kinda close in the 3rd. Time for the team to do some soul searching and Kidd needs to come up with something that works. Kyrie needs to show up and hopefully we can steal game 2. I just wish we had more positives going into game 2. Luckily it's just one game. Got to move on and figure out how to win game 2.

Aside from the first quarter, I wouldn't put this game on Kidd. Kyrie was rattled the whole game.  This game would've been close if he had made his open shots
Like Reply
The Mavs need to bring in an offensive coordinator next season. Kidd should be secure enough now that he can bring in a respected offensive mind. The defense was great down the stretch this season, but the offense has underachieved. No Luka led offense should be any lower than 3rd.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • rocky164
Like Reply
(06-06-2024, 09:41 PM)Luka77 Wrote: It must be nice to be Tatum.  He can just sit back while the rest of his team takes over scoring.  Celtics with 6 players with double digit scoring.

That's what makes them tough. Everybody can score. Not dependent on 1 or 2 players.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • Luka77
Like Reply
I would rather see OMax in these minutes
Like Reply
I honestly can’t remember… I know Gafford started the second half, but once he left in the third, did he come back?
Like Reply
Tatum still in with Mavs bench.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Luka77's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
KP won them this game, we need Kyrie to win the next one. But Im afraid he is just physically outmatched out there. same as in the okc series where he averaged 16pts
[-] The following 2 users Like BolsDamols's post:
  • BigDirk41, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
Man, I would be pissed if I were a Boston fan that Tatum is still in this game
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(06-06-2024, 09:43 PM)MarkAguirreWrathofGod Wrote: We need one of Tim, Exum or Hardy to step up. Kidd needs to figure out which one it’s going to be FAST.

Has to be Hardy. The others don´t have the confidence and Timmah literally cannot hit the rim at the moment. They just need to play him off the ball with Luka and Kyrie. He cannot handle the ball against the level of defenders that White, Holiday, Brown and Tatum are.
Like Reply
If the Mavs were an experienced team, they’d lay a very hard foul on Tatum. He shouldn’t be in the game.
Like Reply
(06-06-2024, 09:44 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I honestly can’t remember… I know Gafford started the second half, but once he left in the third, did he come back?

he might as well be just another guy out there, he impacted nothing
Like Reply
(06-06-2024, 09:41 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Well at least it got kinda close in the 3rd. Time for the team to do some soul searching and Kidd needs to come up with something that works. Kyrie needs to show up and hopefully we can steal game 2. I just wish we had more positives going into game 2. Luckily it's just one game. Got to move on and figure out how to win game 2.

This. Wouldn't be as negative if I could look at something like a certain lineup/play call that worked. But even during the big run it was mostly iso ball from Luka. Right now it feels like they have to start from scratch. Nothing worked.
Just hope that the Mavs aren't like the T'Wolves and can come up with something new when the scheme that allowed them to make a deep playoff run isn't working.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(06-06-2024, 09:46 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Man, I would be pissed if I were a Boston fan that Tatum is still in this game

Stat pad for the finals MVP.
Like Reply
Josh Giddey is not walking through that door
[-] The following 2 users Like BolsDamols's post:
  • KillerLeft, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
I think it has to be Wxum with a splash of Hardy. Maybe more of Hardy at home. But I think Exum can help. Worried about Green though. We need him.
Like Reply
Damn, that's a classic Celtics lookin lineup on the floor: 4 white guys and a black guy.
Like Reply