Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 1 Playoffs 2024: Dallas Mavericks (0-0) vs. Boston Celtics (0-0)
Mavs had a chance to make a run. Celtics were cold. Mavs didn’t take advantage though
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Mavs2021
Like Reply
Kyrie is clearly rattled by the crowd.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
CUT THIS TO 10 or less before the 4th and we will have a chance.
Like Reply
LET'S GO MAVS
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
We can actually come back from this if they get it to 10 pt lead before 4th. Kyrie has to play better though
Like Reply
I dunno. Lead down to 16 pretty quick. And Lively looks like he’s switchable and able to defend the 3-point line.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
Derrick White is one ugly motherfucker, but damn he is good
Like Reply
Lively can play 5 out defense. We need a Lively/Maxi big combo this series
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jason Terry's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
Nice early offense bully bull by PJ. He’s been great in the defensive glass too. Let’s Go!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(06-06-2024, 08:55 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Kyrie is clearly rattled by the crowd.

That was hard to watch.
Like Reply
Defensively this only works, if we don´t double ever. Don´t even think about it. If they have you beat, let it go. Never double. They live to kick the ball out to their shooters. Don´t even dare to show. Just let them take the twos. Don´t play them into a shooting rhythm early.
Like Reply
I don’t think anyone has played well, exactly, but Kleber, Irving, Luca and PJ all look like they feel they deserve to be there.

I am not at all ready to say Gafford and lively can’t play in this series yet, because if that’s the case, then we might as well just look for some movies for the next two weeks, but they both seem really shellshocked tonight. Somehow, it’s like they didn’t expect what was coming.

if at least one of them doesn’t figure out how to stand on their feet in this series, yikes.
Like Reply
My goodness. Imagine if the mavs come back from this. Boston is letting them
Like Reply
Tatum with 6 turnovers
love the pressure we've been able to put on him
Like Reply
Boston has lulls when they don't execute their sets. Looks like that's happening now.
Like Reply
(06-06-2024, 08:59 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Defensively this only works, if we don´t double ever. Don´t even think about it. If they have you beat, let it go. Never double. They live to kick the ball out to their shooters. Don´t even dare to show. Just let them take the twos. Don´t play them into a shooting rhythm early.

I agree. It’s obvious Kidd came in with the same old plan of conceding threes and shading to take away driving lanes.

I’m not even sure that was a definitely bad plan, without the benefit of hindsight, but I’m sure it’s bad now.

Just let Tatum and Brown iso, already
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
(06-06-2024, 08:59 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I don’t think anyone has played well, exactly, but Kleber, Irving, Luca and PJ all look like they feel they deserve to be there.

I am not at all ready to say Gafford and lively can’t play in this series yet, because if that’s the case, then we might as well just look for some movies for the next two weeks, but they both seem really shellshocked tonight. Somehow, it’s like they didn’t expect what was coming.

if at least one of them doesn’t figure out how to stand on their feet in this series, yikes.

I think Lively can play in this series. They just need to stop doubling/showing. Our defense was designed to funnel balls into the weak shooters. Boston has no weak shooters. Just let them have the twos.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
We are getting more physical. I like it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(06-06-2024, 08:59 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Defensively this only works, if we don´t double ever. Don´t even think about it. If they have you beat, let it go. Never double. They live to kick the ball out to their shooters. Don´t even dare to show. Just let them take the twos. Don´t play them into a shooting rhythm early.

Question is if they can play a different style of defense. It's a bad matchup but great teams can adapt. Otherwise the Mavs will end up like the Wolves. Running into a team that takes away their strength and exposes the weaknesses.
Like Reply
Omfg get more stops
Like Reply