Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 3rd Round: Minnesota Timberwolves - Dallas Mavericks- MAVS WIN 4-1!
(05-30-2024, 11:15 PM)fifteenth Wrote: SleepingHero gets the Kamie for providing us with all the good Mavs stuff from around the internet!

Kamm is the Michael Jordan of this.

Seriously don't understand how he always brought so many good tweets/vids. I try but you can't ever replicate THE Kamm.

Miss the dude a lot, even if he sometimes liked numbers a bit too much.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, fifteenth, Lukedoncic
Like Reply
[Image: GO4S8xqXQAAJHPH?format=jpg&name=large]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, fifteenth, RGP1981
Like Reply
bro why is your screen name in green when most other people's are in blue? is it possible to get it changed at least for the duration of the nba finals please?
Like Reply
(05-30-2024, 11:35 PM)LukaMVP Wrote: bro why is your screen name in green when most other people's are in blue? is it possible to get it changed at least for the duration of the nba finals please?

It's the moderators/administrators title. 

I can try and change it but also the Mavs also have green as a color too!
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/GrantAfseth/status/1...0200660452

@GrantAfseth
Luka Doncic walking off the court after clinching a spot in the NBA Finals.

Luka is hilarious man.
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
Rob Mahoney (@RobMahoney)
It's amazing how many of Luka's playoff series end with the other team in complete shambles. Some of them never really recover.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • fifteenth, KillerLeft
Like Reply
It is a joke that Boston is favored by 6.5 points.

I mean that is incredible.

Dallas has been the best team in the league for the last 33% of the season if you include playoffs. Dallas has the best player (maybe TWO) on the court.

I am sorry, but I'm with Ledger. Dallas should win this series. Its like 2011 all over again. People can't wrap there minds around some European being better than any opponent. You'd think theyd learn from Jokic last year, but NOPE.
[-] The following 2 users Like windjc's post:
  • BigDirk41, rocky164
Like Reply
(05-31-2024, 12:03 AM)windjc Wrote: It is a joke that Boston is favored by 6.5 points.

I mean that is incredible.

Dallas has been the best team in the league for the last 33% of the season if you include playoffs. Dallas has the best player (maybe TWO) on the court.

I am sorry, but I'm with Ledger. Dallas should win this series. Its like 2011 all over again. People can't wrap there minds around some European being better than any opponent. You'd think theyd learn from Jokic last year, but NOPE.

I don't think the European part has anything to do with it. Lots of folks have expected Luka to be great. It's that the Mavs were so bad last year, and mediocre for half of this years.
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
Mark Followill (@MFollowill)
Since 8 playoff teams per conference format was adopted in 1984, teams to reach the NBA Finals by winning three series vs opponents with 50+ wins:

2024 Dallas Mavericks (LAC, OKC, MIN)
2001 L.A. Lakers (POR, SAC, SA)
1995 Houston Rockets (UT, PHX, SA)
  • Smitty
Like Reply
[Image: 1ae6wc9dwv2d1.thumb.jpeg.f65e96a271c926f...c605f.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes RGP1981's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Click...

MJ, you are not the father! Big Grin

https://x.com/theScoreBet/status/1796378677661581521
Like Reply
Antman's post-game interview. FWIW, I don't see that he said anything wrong. He gave Luka his flowers, congratulated the Mavs, even mentioned the big trades that were made at the deadline. Some of the questions that were asked of him at this moment were kind of dumb. Like asking him "what he thinks of the Mavs group and their potential of what they can do in the Finals"... after a disappointing loss (for him) and wanting to get to Finals himself... i.e, the question to which he replied with a "nothing".

My dream/fantasy scenario is still to see Luka and Antman play together on the same team. It would great for both of them, and how amazing would it be for basketball fans to watch this duo? Heart

Like Reply
Shades of Game 7 vs. Phoenix and 2011 Lakers Game (as others mentioned). What a relief to not have a close one! Celts believing favored 6.5 is quite high though.
Like Reply
Hoops Tonight with Jason - the reaction to game 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzNo_20gP4

Jason will be having film sessions every day until the finals with Boston-Mavs breakdowns and some with guest pundits. I'm wondering we should create a thread for this guy since he will have new videos every day until the first game
[-] The following 5 users Like Winter's post:
  • DallasMaverick, fifteenth, Jannemann2, Jmaciscool, KillerLeft
Like Reply
I am in awe. Amazing performance. Starting with Luka and then Kyrie and the rest of the team taking their marching orders. Just another notch on Luka's belt about being one of the most feared guys in sports.

It is crazy how this team came together. I look back at my posts from last summer saying people were sleeping on the Mavs after their terrible season. I didn't really believe it a 100%. While I thought they would be much better, I did not think they were a contender. Even after the trade, I thought they were better positioned moving forward but not a true contender. Slowly, but surely I started to believe. Than the playoffs started and I had more doubt. Now after three 4-2 series wins the Mavs will have their most challenging series next.

I think Boston is good....great. I think they have been the best team all year. They are a perfectly put together team, I think. I have trouble seeing any team beating them 4 times in a series. Although, this Dallas team is tough and they fear no team. Get them in a close game and they think they can beat anyone. The finals is going to be a really stressful watch. Boston fans have all the right in the world to think they are on path for Championship # 18. They have been the best team. Their fans are super annoying though.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • fifteenth, SleepingHero
Like Reply
LOL...what is this about?

https://x.com/ClutchPoints/status/1796389050586399061
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
Not in front of the cameras.
Like Reply
(05-31-2024, 07:25 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: LOL...what is this about?

https://x.com/ClutchPoints/status/1796389050586399061

Ha ha!!! So Fin is the Luka baby sitter, enforcer!?

Those Mavs, they don't tell us everything!
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(05-31-2024, 08:26 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Ha ha!!! So Fin is the Luka baby sitter, enforcer!?

Those Mavs, they don't tell us everything!

Next up on First Take...Beer Gate.

Is Luka's look the first sign that Luka is not happy in Dallas and is looking to request a trade to a team who will let him drink...coming up next....
[-] The following 3 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • BigDirk41, DallasMaverick, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
Gaff - 24.5 MPG
10.8 ppg / 6.8 rbs / 2.7 blks

Lively - 21.9 MPG
9.5 ppg / 7.8 rbs / 1.5 blks

Center rotation - 46.4 MPG
20.3 ppg / 14.6 rbs / 4.2 blks

Incredible by these two young men. Against the number #1 defense in the NBA and size for days. These two just kept the wave of intensity coming. Also great series by Josh Green. 2nd in NetRtg to Maxi and 1st in DEFRTG this series. Did a fantastic job coming off the bench and guarding ANT.

The stars shined bright and their teammates played their roles to perfection. We can shut down Round 3 thread because we’re moving on to round 4… NBA FINALS!
[-] The following 3 users Like Smitty's post:
  • BigDirk41, fifteenth, Reunion Mav
Like Reply