Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 3.65 Average
MAVS NEWS: DET Hires Dennis Lindsey as VP of Basketball Operations
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/4023...ead-wolves

Luka's touchdown passes, lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKidd's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(05-24-2024, 02:19 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://x.com/Rachel__Nichols/status/179...5795770528

Rachel Nichols (@Rachel__Nichols)
On Open Run, Jason Kidd tells me there was one game in March that completely turned the Mavericks’ defense around - they went from ranking 23rd in the NBA before that night, to 1st in the NBA for the rest of the season after it

Kidd, laughing, says "he (kyrie) gave away too much information"

To me this interview is more evidence that there is more that goes on behind the scenes than we realize. Part of the "Kidd is hands off" thought comes from that Kidd feels no need to tell anyone what happens when the cameras are off.
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply
(05-27-2024, 11:04 AM)HoosierDaddyKidd Wrote: https://x.com/undisputed/status/1795097646535000136

Paul Pierce is trippin, LOL.

I think anyone has to be trippin to go on that show,

but I'm actually on board with what he said. Mid playoff run is not the time to discuss rankings.
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
(05-28-2024, 12:40 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I think anyone has to be trippin to go on that show,

but I'm actually on board with what he said. Mid playoff run is not the time to discuss rankings.

Thankfully Dirk has always been one of the most humble guys in the league. Never made things about himself. Always praised others.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • DallasMaverick, fifteenth
Like Reply
(05-28-2024, 08:39 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I’m sure most in this community have at least heard about this, because it’s a few weeks old at this point, but I just came across a full video of Luka dropping in on a twitch streamer playing overwatch. Apparently, he is pretty good.

https://youtu.be/ZwXkG_cN_fg?si=Tcjch_g-qCIxSv1R

He is top 500 in North America if he's still Grandmaster.

An incredible feat truthfully.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft
Like Reply
@noahweber00
I asked P.J. Washington what he loves most about playing for his hometown Mavs:

“Just the way the city embraces me. Everybody’s supportive, everybody’s there for me each and every game…It’s just been all love since I got here. I’d give anything for this team and this organization, and it’s just great to have that same energy from the fans as well.”
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, fifteenth, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(05-28-2024, 12:48 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: He is top 500 in North America if he's still Grandmaster.

An incredible feat truthfully.

No clue about stuff like this. How much time does it take to reach that level/stay on that level?
Like Reply
(05-28-2024, 12:49 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: No clue about stuff like this. How much time does it take to reach that level/stay on that level?

A lot of time, that’s for sure.

A top notch internet connection helps a ton, too. Like, way better than average.
Like Reply
(05-28-2024, 12:49 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: No clue about stuff like this. How much time does it take to reach that level/stay on that level?

Typically to be grandmaster in overwatch, you're a professional level player and could theoretically try out for an overwatch team. Those dudes play at least 6-8 hours a day.

Once you get to that level in Overwatch, it's pretty easy to maintain (think 1-2 hours a day at the most as long as you're still good enough to be there). But getting to that level is a big grind. Luka being grandmaster while also being a professional NBA player is insane.
Like Reply
(05-28-2024, 12:56 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Typically to be grandmaster in overwatch, you're a professional level player and could theoretically try out for an overwatch team. Those dudes play at least 6-8 hours a day.

Once you get to that level in Overwatch, it's pretty easy to maintain (think 1-2 hours a day at the most as long as you're still good enough to be there). But getting to that level is a big grind. Luka being grandmaster while also being a professional NBA player is insane.

And a husband. And a Dad.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(05-28-2024, 03:58 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: And a husband. And a Dad.

And a Real Madrid ultra, in basketball and football.
Like Reply
[Image: GO4BnYUWEAA44BU?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
Luka Doncic receives the WCF "Magic Johnson" MVP Award. Luka: "This trophy is the whole team, not me, (it) is the whole team"

https://streamable.com/7a9hf2

Luka receiving his WCF MVP
Like Reply
NBA Communications (@NBAPR)
Luka Dončić received all nine votes from a media panel covering the Western Conference Finals.

The voting panel
[Image: 1796378123270844862_0.jpg?ex=665aa240&is...eight=1514]
  • RGP1981
Like Reply
@dallasmavs
YOUR WESTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPS.

[Image: GO4Rs9tXgAA6MwW?format=jpg&name=large]
  • RGP1981
Like Reply
[Image: GO4r9oUbgAEkbUT?format=jpg&name=medium]
  • RGP1981
Like Reply
Fisheye lense helps but Luka looks like a giant human being. Gets me every single time I see him standing next to other players. For some reason he looks bigger than most players that are listed at 6'9/6'10 and obviously far bigger than players that are listed at 230.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
This is pretty funny.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Left is the DPOY in the WCF. Right is a rookie in the WCF.

11.8 PPG 9.5 PPG
7.6 RPG 7.8 RPG
0.8 BPG 1.5 BPG
62.9 FG% 100 FG%

Gobert Lively

Insane Lively shot 100% from the field.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, fifteenth, The Jom
Like Reply
Finals Game 3 and 4 Tickets are $1000 each for the worst seats...sheesh.
Like Reply