Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 3rd Round: Minnesota Timberwolves - Dallas Mavericks- MAVS WIN 4-1!
(05-26-2024, 02:05 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: @sam_amick
Interesting stuff from Anthony Edwards at Wolves shoot-around here in Dallas this morning. I asked him if he thinks the experience gap is playing a part in this series.

He does not.

"Yeah, I don't think it's experience," he said. "I think we just we dropped two - we gave them two games. At the end of the game, both games, we're up like five with a minute left and we just give the game away. Turn it over. Missing layups. Just little things like that.

If you needed anymore confirmation on the mindset of the wolves, here is some continued disrespect.

Quite surprised this hasn't ruffled many feathers.

Reading these quotes made my blood boil. The arrogance from Minny/Ant to say that is astonishing. I really hope the Mavs come out and set a tone. The Wolves are going to be a wounded animal with their backs against the wall. Have to come out strong.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(05-26-2024, 03:46 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Quite surprised this hasn't ruffled many feathers.

Reading these quotes made my blood boil. The arrogance from Minny/Ant to say that is astonishing. I really hope the Mavs come out and set a tone. The Wolves are going to be a wounded animal with their backs against the wall. Have to come out strong.

Just interesting that made your blood boil. Seems like that should be their mentality. Very, very easily we could be down 0-2 but luckily Luka did some Luka things
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jym's post:
  • RGP1981
Like Reply
(05-26-2024, 03:58 PM)Jym Wrote: Just interesting that made your blood boil. Seems like that should be their mentality. Very, very easily we could be down 0-2 but luckily Luka did some Luka things

The first game they made all the excuses in the book about how they were gassed, Mavs defense didn't have any effect, etc. 

The second game they are now saying it was a lucky shot and they gave it away. 

At some point you have to give credit to your opponent. It reads as if the Wolves have zero respect for the Mavs.

I hope Kidd has put this in the locker room for every single one of the guys to see. Perfect bulletin board material.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • Arioch, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(05-26-2024, 03:45 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Never been to Minneapolis so I can't attest to how awesome it is.

But in SLC's favor, have you tried a dirty soda? I'd be diabetic if I lived there, truly. I've seen Swig (one of the more popular franchises in SLC specializing in those sodas) pop up around Dallas and I'm genuinely afraid of my health. 

Mormons might not know how to party, but they do know sodas!

Been there for a month way back on a student exchange program some 20 years ago. Nature is beautiful there and the Mormon people are super nice, at least when they are not watching the Jazz and all hell breaks lose. Was a bit of a clash of culture with me listening to rap music all day from Snoop over Dr. Dre to Wu Tang Clan and therefore using a swear word at least in every other sentence, very much to the dismay of my lovely host mom…
[-] The following 1 user Likes Knutsen's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Just saw that Real Madrid lost the Euroleague finals against Panathinaikos Athens today - Luka will either be really pissed and angry today, he was following and supporting them each and every round and some of his good friends and idols when he was moving there as a teenager are still playing there with Rudy Fernandez, Sergio Rodriguez and Sergio Llull.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Knutsen's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(05-26-2024, 05:07 PM)Knutsen Wrote: Just saw that Real Madrid lost the Euroleague finals against Panathinaikos Athens today - Luka will either be really pissed and angry today, he was following and supporting them each and every round and some of his good friends and idols when he was moving there as a teenager are still playing there with Rudy Fernandez, Sergio Rodriguez and Sergio Llull.

Pair that with a Tony Brothers masterclass and we may see Luka lose his cool.

Hopefully he doesn't and channels that into decimating these Wolves.
Like Reply
(05-26-2024, 05:20 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Pair that with a Tony Brothers masterclass and we may see Luka lose his cool.

Hopefully he doesn't and channels that into decimating these Wolves.

And now he‘s questionable with right knee soreness according to Kidd. 

Has he been questionable those last two games as well, does anybody know? Didn’t like the way he moved in game two in the last quarter compared to the three games before that to be honest. Let‘s hope he‘s able to pull through once more!
Like Reply
(05-26-2024, 03:58 PM)Jym Wrote: Just interesting that made your blood boil. Seems like that should be their mentality. Very, very easily we could be down 0-2 but luckily Luka did some Luka things

SleepingHero is the fan equivalent of Michael Jordan. He's always looking for an edge, so any slight, even one that requires squinting helps him get into game mode.
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • Lukedoncic, RoyTarpleysGhost, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(05-26-2024, 05:50 PM)Knutsen Wrote: And now he‘s questionable with right knee soreness according to Kidd. 

Has he been questionable those last two games as well, does anybody know? Didn’t like the way he moved in game two in the last quarter compared to the three games before that to be honest. Let‘s hope he‘s able to pull through once more!

He was probable the previous two games.

He’s available in this one also. Per grant afseth “Luka Doncic is available for Game 3.”
Like Reply
(05-26-2024, 05:52 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: SleepingHero is the fan equivalent of Michael Jordan. He's always looking for an edge, so any slight, even one that requires squinting helps him get into game mode.
[Image: nervous-denzel.gif][Image: you-get-me-happy-tears.gif]
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
[Image: GOdE4CzaMAA7qOj?format=jpg&name=large]
Like Reply
Expect a aggressive Timbersolves team to come out tonight. I was worried with early foul trouble for PJ and LIvely last game. Same thing tonight. Just keep it close (heck I would prefer a blowout, but...). Get it to the 4th quarter and then bury them. Keep on contesting Kat threes....and please guard Naz Reid. If McDaniels makes three....well I will live with that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Legion Hoops (@LegionHoops)
Chris Finch’s message to the Wolves for Game 3:

“It’s been pretty simple. Ant, you got to speed it up. KAT, you got to slow it down.”
Like Reply
Tim MacMahon (@espn_macmahon)
Jason Kidd says Luka Doncic remains questionable and his status for Game 3 will be determined after his warmup. “I wouldn’t say setback — soreness,” Kidd said regarding Doncic’s sprained right knee.
Like Reply
NBA on TNT (@NBAonTNT)
“We’re super confident. Everybody is ready to go, everybody is ready to compete, and bring that energy and effort that we’ve been lacking in the fourth quarter.”

Naz Reid on Minnesota’s mindset ahead of Game 3

[Image: kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers.gif]
Like Reply
if we win this one tonight we are gonna sweep because Kyrie never loses a game when he has the series winning point.
Like Reply
All Things Mavs (@All_Things_Mavs)
Daniel Gafford says Dereck Lively is doing good, and he thinks the medical staff took him off site to get some more tests on his neck
Like Reply
NBACentral (@TheDunkCentral)
“If anyone can win four straight in this scenario, I think it’s us”

Naz Reid
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(05-26-2024, 10:19 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: All Things Mavs (@All_Things_Mavs)
Daniel Gafford says Dereck Lively is doing good, and he thinks the medical staff took him off site to get some more tests on his neck
We have 11 days until game 1 of the Finals. Lively and Kleber being back would be huge.
[-] The following 2 users Like RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • KillerLeft, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
(05-26-2024, 10:20 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: NBACentral (@TheDunkCentral)
“If anyone can win four straight in this scenario, I think it’s us”

Naz Reid

More bulletin board material, please please please.
Like Reply