Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 3rd Round: Minnesota Timberwolves - Dallas Mavericks- MAVS WIN 4-1!
Tony Brothers the crew chief tonight, who would‘ve thought. Great chance for Luka to master his zen skills once more…
[-] The following 4 users Like Knutsen's post:
  • KillerLeft, MarkAguirreWrathofGod, nicholasthefan, SleepingHero
Like Reply
It appears that Hardy pretty much owns the THj and the Exum minutes now.

While Hardy's decision-making is sometimes suspect, he is both fearless and confident when it comes to his shooting (something Green and Exum both lack).

While he sometimes makes me cringe, he was pretty good during the second half of game 2, and I'll be rooting for him tonight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Winter's post:
  • rocky164
Like Reply
(05-26-2024, 12:19 PM)Knutsen Wrote: Tony Brothers the crew chief tonight, who would‘ve thought. Great chance for Luka to master his zen skills once more…

I sense an NBA mandated loss upcoming. But we played 5 on 8 several times in the OKC series and won. So I’m looking forward to a Mavs win tonight Tony Brothers be damned.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rocky164's post:
  • Knutsen
Like Reply
There’s always an opportunity to overcome the cheating whistles. But yeah, we’re not getting hometown calls tonight. Watch out especially if they go our way early. That’s just the set up for pulling the chair out from under ya.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
(05-26-2024, 11:40 AM)HoosierDaddyKidd Wrote: And when they're clicking, they probably have the best set of perimeter defenders in the league to throw at teams in Tatum, Brown, Holiday, and White. Mix in a healthy Porzingis and they are dangerous.  They have a decent bench with Pritchard, and Hauser that can make shots. And don't underestimate Horford as he's a wily vet, that has seen it all and is still potent from 3pt land.  Again, not to look ahead, but if they both advance, Dallas doesn't have the same advantages vs Boston that they do vs Minnesota. IMO.  They're Bigs might not be as consequential, as Boston always plays 5 out to draw them away from the paint. Lively is more switchable than Gafford and can guard in space.  Let's stick to the task at hand first, before advancing to the next series.

I love how every team the Mavs plays has the best defenders to defend our backcourt LOL.

Once we beat the Celtics, whoever we play in game 1 of next season will definitely have the best perimeters defenders we've ever faced. You can count on that.
Like Reply
(05-26-2024, 12:59 PM)rocky164 Wrote: I sense an NBA mandated loss upcoming. But we played 5 on 8 several times in the OKC series and won. So I’m looking forward to a Mavs win tonight Tony Brothers be damned.

Did the Celtics lose last night because of league mandate? Must have been the reason.
Like Reply
(05-26-2024, 10:33 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: 1. Let´s finish the Wolves first. They tend to play much better on the road.

2. You all put way too much into how the Celtics have looked in these play-offs.

They were the best (?) team of all-time based on regular season pt. differential. They played in the weaker conference to begin with, and in each series the other team literally was missing their best player for at least half the series, plus more injuries to other starters. This would be like us in the West play-offs and playing the Clippers without Kawhi, the Thunder without SGA, the Wolves without Edwards after they beat the Nuggets without Jokic. This East is an epic shitshow. It´s like a G-League All-Star festival vs. the Celtics. This means absolutely nothing to me, except that the Celtics will be 100% healthy and rested.

The lowest seeded team we have played in the better conference was 4th. The highest seeded team they have played was the 4th seed, who also missed their starting C for the whole series and their best player for 40% of the series. Luka can barely focus, when he´s up a single game in a series against serious opposition, so how must the Celtics feel.

64 and 18 in the East < 57 and 25 in the West.

Minnesota and/or Oklahoma would beat Boston too.
Like Reply
Dave McMenamin
@mcten
Anthony Edwards vowed to be more aggressive calling his own number in Game 3: “Y’all going to see tonight … It’s going to be a lot of shots”
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(05-26-2024, 01:25 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Dave McMenamin
@mcten
Anthony Edwards vowed to be more aggressive calling his own number in Game 3: “Y’all going to see tonight … It’s going to be a lot of shots”

That would be great. I'd rather inefficient Edwards shooting 25 shots than Reid or McDaniels going 7-8 from 3 point land. 

Plus, the more he shoots, the less energy he has to defend and the more oxygen he definitely won't be taking at the end of the game.
[-] The following 2 users Like windjc's post:
  • Arioch, nicholasthefan
Like Reply
@GrantAfseth
Jaden McDaniels said he wanted to guard Luka Doncic on the Mavericks' final play before his game-winner. He also says he'll "make sure" he doesn't switch if the Timberwolves are in a similar situation again.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5518923...directed=1

Kidd speaks on Doncic's greatness.
Like Reply
Y'know what? The "Utah is a bad city" thing doesn't make sense. Everyone knows Salt Lake City.

It makes much more sense to say "Minnesota is a bad city"... because there are lots of NBA fans who don't even know that Minneapolis exists, and I'm sure Dirk didn't know either, back then. Tongue
Like Reply
@sam_amick
Interesting stuff from Anthony Edwards at Wolves shoot-around here in Dallas this morning. I asked him if he thinks the experience gap is playing a part in this series.

He does not.

"Yeah, I don't think it's experience," he said. "I think we just we dropped two - we gave them two games. At the end of the game, both games, we're up like five with a minute left and we just give the game away. Turn it over. Missing layups. Just little things like that.

If you needed anymore confirmation on the mindset of the wolves, here is some continued disrespect.
Like Reply
(05-26-2024, 01:27 PM)windjc Wrote: That would be great. I'd rather inefficient Edwards shooting 25 shots than Reid or McDaniels going 7-8 from 3 point land. 

Plus, the more he shoots, the less energy he has to defend and the more oxygen he definitely won't be taking at the end of the game.

Depends on the type of shots. Free rim runs for dunks is never a good thing. Almost 35% of Ants shots came at the rim this season. So far 19 of his 33 shot attempts are 3s,
Good for 58%.

Mavs should keep forcing him to shoot contested jumpers.
Like Reply
The more sh*t they talk, the better the chances Luka shows up for the 1st half. Big Grin
Like Reply
(05-26-2024, 02:14 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Depends on the type of shots. Free rim runs for dunks is never a good thing. Almost 35% of Ants shots came at the rim this season. So far 19 of his 39 shot attempts are 3s,
Good for 48%.

Mavs should keep forcing him to shoot contested jumpers.

Dallas should keep forcing him to throw it into the stands.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • Arioch
Like Reply
(05-26-2024, 02:05 PM)DSleepingHero Wrote: @sam_amick
Interesting stuff from Anthony Edwards at Wolves shoot-around here in Dallas this morning. I asked him if he thinks the experience gap is playing a part in this series.

He does not.

"Yeah, I don't think it's experience," he said. "I think we just we dropped two - we gave them two games. At the end of the game, both games, we're up like five with a minute left and we just give the game away. Turn it over. Missing layups. Just little things like that.

If you needed anymore confirmation on the mindset of the wolves, here is some continued disrespect.

Every time they talk it sounds more and more like they are just trying to convince themselves.
[-] The following 1 user Likes windjc's post:
  • nicholasthefan
Like Reply
(05-26-2024, 01:46 PM)RGP1981 Wrote: Y'know what? The "Utah is a bad city" thing doesn't make sense. Everyone knows Salt Lake City.

It makes much more sense to say "Minnesota is a bad city"... because there are lots of NBA fans who don't even know that Minneapolis exists, and I'm sure Dirk didn't know either, back then. Tongue

Sure, except the twin cities are AWESOME. I’d live there gladly. Great music scene. I wouldn’t be caught dead even driving through Salt Lake City.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Hm, I’m much more afraid of the cold than I am of weirdos. So I’d pick SLC.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(05-26-2024, 03:24 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Sure, except the twin cities are AWESOME. I’d live there gladly. Great music scene. I wouldn’t be caught dead even driving through Salt Lake City.

Never been to Minneapolis so I can't attest to how awesome it is.

But in SLC's favor, have you tried a dirty soda? I'd be diabetic if I lived there, truly. I've seen Swig (one of the more popular franchises in SLC specializing in those sodas) pop up around Dallas and I'm genuinely afraid of my health. 

Mormons might not know how to party, but they do know sodas!
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • DallasMaverick, KillerLeft
Like Reply