Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 3.92 Average
AROUND the NBA: Jerry West Passes Away | Cam Payne Arrested
https://x.com/TheDunkCentral/status/1793723665407951182

I am all for differing opinions, but come on. BTW, players have Millions of dollars on the line on some of these decisions.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Lukedoncic
Like Reply
(05-23-2024, 03:10 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: https://x.com/TheDunkCentral/status/1793723665407951182

I am all for differing opinions, but come on.  BTW, players have Millions of dollars on the line on some of these decisions.

Yeah, that is frustrating when so much can be impacted by voters doing bits.
Like Reply
(05-23-2024, 03:16 AM)omahen Wrote: Interesting. I have no limitations here, despite local sport channels buying rights for NBA games.

Current contracts in the US are all still tied to the dying broadcast and cable model. Hopefully this new round will better account for the new reality.

(I have leaguepass--and a VPN so I could stream regular season games even though I live in Dallas. But in the playoffs even a VPN doesn't help; nationally televised games,which is all of them, are delayed at least 24 hours).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Arioch's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(05-23-2024, 04:42 PM)Arioch Wrote: Current contracts in the US are all still tied to the dying broadcast and cable model. Hopefully this new round will better account for the new reality.

(I have leaguepass--and a VPN so I could stream regular season games even though I live in Dallas. But in the playoffs even a VPN doesn't help; nationally televised games,which is all of them, are delayed at least 24 hours).

That’s true, but even this season, the nationally televised games were easy to find on streaming platforms that we all already have. All of the TNT games have been on HBO Max all year, for example.

The real disaster is those damn local games, especially for those of us who don’t want to go through the trouble of using a VPN or paying for league Pass. I would love to be able to see any game. I want over the course of the season, and I understand that through a VPN you can get a much cheaper price for your subscription, but I just don’t have the time to watch that much NBA anymore. I catch as many of the nationally televised ones as I can.
Like Reply
(05-23-2024, 03:31 PM)Jmaciscool Wrote: Yeah, that is frustrating when so much can be impacted by voters doing bits.

Should be grounds for having your voting rights revoked if you’re just using it to game the system?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Berknip's post:
  • Jmaciscool
Like Reply
https://awfulannouncing.com/tnt-sports/k...heart.html

Kevin Harlan addresses future if TNT loses NBA: ‘I’d be lying if I said that the NBA didn’t have a very special place in my heart’
"I hope in some form or fashion that I continue with Turner, and if not with Turner, we'll let the fates guide me I guess."
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Evan Sidery (@esidery)
"JJ Redick is officially the frontrunner for the Lakers’ head coach opening, per @ShamsCharania on @PatMcAfeeShow.

Redick, who has never coached before, appears likely to take over in Los Angeles leading LeBron James and Anthony Davis."

A little silly from the Lakers...No?
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(05-24-2024, 01:01 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Evan Sidery (@esidery)
"JJ Redick is officially the frontrunner for the Lakers’ head coach opening, per @ShamsCharania on @PatMcAfeeShow.

Redick, who has never coached before, appears likely to take over in Los Angeles leading LeBron James and Anthony Davis."

I guess that makes LeBron even more of a player coach. First the podcast, now coaching the Lakers together… That is if LeBron doesn’t choose to overtake MJ and comes to Dallas to win two more titles.
Like Reply
(05-24-2024, 01:01 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Evan Sidery (@esidery)

Can't remember where I heard/read this, but apparently it's LeBron, not the Lakers, who wants Redick, so this is just a sign that they're prepared to acquiesce to him yet again. What could go wrong, right? 

I love Redick in his current role as analyst and podcaster. Like, a lot. And, I have almost no trouble believing he'd be a great coach, in time. But, this seems like too much, too fast, and has Steve Nash in Brooklyn written all over it to me.
[-] The following 4 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41, Jmaciscool, khaled1987, Winter
Like Reply
(05-24-2024, 01:03 PM)Knutsen Wrote: That is if LeBron doesn’t choose to overtake MJ and comes to Dallas to win two more titles.

Mavs will never win a title with Luka and Lebron on the court together. We can bet on it, if you wanna.

How will it even be possible with the kind of defense that Lebron plays? Dodgy
Like Reply
(05-24-2024, 03:35 PM)RGP1981 Wrote: Mavs will never win a title with Luka and Lebron on the court together. We can bet on it, if you wanna.

How will it even be possible with the kind of defense that Lebron plays? Dodgy

I don't agree, but it's irrelevant, because the Lakers are going to do whatever it is he wants to get him to finish his career in LA, and that's probably what he wants, at this point, even more than winning and even more than playing with his son (which will probably also happen in LA, anyway).
Like Reply
I enjoy checking the Reddit boards of teams we are playing against in the playoffs. I never post though. Every team has their wackadoos. I enjoyed reading the thunder and Timberwolves boards. Sure they are seeing everything thru their teams view but it is interesting.

Let me be the first to say, that won’t happen on the Celtics page. Boy is that rough. Add the whole Kyrie thing and those mass holes are just crazy.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • KillerLeft, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(05-24-2024, 04:01 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I enjoy checking the Reddit boards of teams we are playing against in the playoffs.  I never post though.  Every team has their wackadoos.  I enjoyed reading the thunder and Timberwolves boards.  Sure they are seeing everything thru their teams view but it is interesting.

Let me be the first to say, that won’t happen on the Celtics page.  Boy is that rough.  Add the whole Kyrie thing and those mass holes are just crazy.

Also didn’t want to think I am thinking the Mavs are a lock for the finals.  Just checked out there board.   The whole Boston sport thing, the Celtics history, best record in the league and the entitlement of the Boston sports teams the past 20 years is just way too much.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Evan Sidery (@esidery)
There is “real concern” from the Pacers about Tyrese Haliburton’s availability and potential impact the remainder of the Eastern Conference Finals, per @wojespn.

Haliburton will do everything he can to play against the Celtics, but it’s a very likely scenario he will be nowhere close to 100%.

Haliburton’s official status for Game 3 will be known later today before tip-off.
Like Reply
(05-25-2024, 11:40 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Evan Sidery (@esidery)
There is “real concern” from the Pacers about Tyrese Haliburton’s availability and potential impact the remainder of the Eastern Conference Finals, per @wojespn.

Haliburton will do everything he can to play against the Celtics, but it’s a very likely scenario he will be nowhere close to 100%.

Haliburton’s official status for Game 3 will be known later today before tip-off.

I hate the play-off format so much. You can make an easy argument that 8 of the best 10 teams in these play-offs were in the West. This is a war of attrition and the West is a wild brawl, while Boston is having pillow fights.Only times the East wins the championship, is when they have a huge physical advantage due to the path taken and this feels like one of those years.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • RGP1981
Like Reply
(05-25-2024, 11:48 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: I hate the play-off format so much. You can make an easy argument that 8 of the best 10 teams in these play-offs were in the West. This is a war of attrition and the West is a wild brawl, while Boston is having pillow fights.Only times the East wins the championship, is when they have a huge physical advantage due to the path taken and this feels like one of those years

Can also take it as Boston hasn't been truly tested yet in the playoffs, and if they run up against a team that surprises them, they could be in for a rude awakening.
Like Reply
(05-25-2024, 11:54 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Can also take it as Boston hasn't been truly tested yet in the playoffs, and if they run up against a team that surprises them, they could be in for a rude awakening.

If we could somehow win the next two games we‘d have a full week off to heal and get ready for the finals. Could do wonders for Luka’s ailments and all our other bruises. Then we‘re battle tested and well rested and the Celtics won‘t know what will hit them until it hits.
[-] The following 2 users Like Knutsen's post:
  • Arioch, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(05-25-2024, 12:05 PM)Knutsen Wrote: If we could somehow win the next two games we‘d have a full week off to heal and get ready for the finals. Could do wonders for Luka’s ailments and all our other bruises. Then we‘re battle tested and well rested and the Celtics won‘t know what will hit them until it hits.

[Image: i-am-locked-and-loaded-freddie-benson.gif]
[Image: michael-jordan-eyes-on-me.gif]
Like Reply
@esidery
There is “real doubt” Tyrese Haliburton will return in the Eastern Conference Finals, per
@wojespn

The Pacers will have to attempt to pull off a miracle comeback without their All-NBA point guard.
Like Reply
I am not impressed by this Celtics team. I know they might kick our ass, but they seem to have zero defense. They have yet to play a decent opponent. I am sure they'll be favored by 97.5% of all talking deads, but I don't care. I think our toughest opponent might have been the Clippers, followed by the Sgaers, followed by Minnesota.
[-] The following 1 user Likes windjc's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply