Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2024 Playoffs- 2nd Round: Oklahoma City Thunder - Dallas Mavericks- MAVS WIN 4-2!
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/17...1774582870

Seeing Kyrie make this after game speech to everyone, and then seeing his embrace with Luka and then Kidd. Can't say enough how much this filled my Mavs soul tonight.

"Job’s not finished, but we can celebrate this one" !!!!!!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, Lukedoncic, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
[Image: GN6UueCWMAAOwkt?format=jpg&name=medium]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 6 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • audiosway, BigDirk41, Luka77, Lukedoncic, Scott41theMavs, The Jom
Like Reply
https://x.com/Mavs_FFL/status/1792056393450520961

One of the best hype videos of this series.
Like Reply
(05-19-2024, 04:07 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: [Image: GN6UueCWMAAOwkt?format=jpg&name=medium]
This reminds me of...
[Image: 35ksv40o7ax41.jpg]

Legler can be forgiven. He was a young pup back then. This time he´s shown why he´s the best analyst on ESPN; riding the Mavs since February. Also look at McMahon picking the Mavs to win the finals. Big Grin

ALSO HOLYSHIT BRENT BARRY!!!! He nailed all three series exactly, not just that we´d win, but the amounf of games,too. And he didn´t get a pick for the Lakers series? I assume he said 4-0 Mavs and ESPN said we ain´t printing that. Big Grin Big Grin Where is the GOAT Brenty Barry anyway? Why do I have to listen to all these morons on ESPN instead.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • Lukedoncic, The Jom
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/sixfivelando/status/...6705083404

@sixfivelando
Jason Kidd shares a story on his pep talk with Kyrie Irving in the third quarter when Irving told him this is hardest thing he’s ever gone through.

“Nothing comes easy in life… You gotta find a way to help us win this game and he did.”

Irving had 18 points in the second half.

Fantastic answer from Kidd here with a nice story.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • Scott41theMavs, The Jom
Like Reply
StatMamba (@StatMamba)
What a series from PJ Washington:

17.7 PPG
8.3 RPG
3.8 3PM (led team)
46.9% 3PT (led team)

Game-winning free throws to send the Mavs to the Conference Finals
[-] The following 4 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, Smitty, surfpuckmd, The Jom
Like Reply
Mavs PR (@MavsPR)
In a series-clinching Gm 6 win vs. OKC, the Mavs advance to their 2nd Western Conf. Finals in the last 3 years and 6th in Mavs history.

Dallas overcame a 16-pt halftime deficit, the first time in Mavs playoff history that the team trailed by 16+ points at halftime and won.
  • BigDirk41, Lukedoncic, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Merriam-Webster
@MerriamWebster
lively | adjective | quick to rebound

LIVELY GOT THE LITERAL DICTIONARY TWEETING NOW!
  • Lukedoncic, surfpuckmd, The Jom
Like Reply
(05-19-2024, 04:45 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Merriam-Webster
@MerriamWebster
lively | adjective | quick to rebound

LIVELY GOT THE LITERAL DICTIONARY TWEETING NOW!

Lively has earned the starting spot and should be our starting center until 2039.
Like Reply
(05-19-2024, 04:36 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: StatMamba (@StatMamba)
What a series from PJ Washington:

17.7 PPG
8.3 RPG
3.8 3PM (led team)
46.9% 3PT (led team)

Game-winning free throws to send the Mavs to the Conference Finals

He was worth the 2027 1st just for this series.  

Everything else is lagniappe.

(Lagniappe is a cajun term describing the extra stuff you get that you don't really expect or deserve).  PJ Washington =  Lagniappe.
[-] The following 3 users Like surfpuckmd's post:
  • Reunion Mav, SleepingHero, Smitty
Like Reply
(05-18-2024, 10:07 PM)Knutsen Wrote: Thanks for making me look smart for once, D-Live! We wouldn‘t have won this game without his effort in crunchtime manhandling Holmgren on the offensive glass and finishing over him.

To quote myself one more time - the day after advancing to the conference finals a little bending of the rules is still allowed - because I just looked it up and wanted to share:

Lively was a +11.8 in the 6 games against the Thunder in 23.1 minutes, crowned by a +26 in the clinching game yesterday.

Way to go for a rookie after a single season in college a couple of weeks after losing his second parent - love you and will always be rooting for you, D-Live!
Like Reply
(05-19-2024, 04:07 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: [Image: GN6UueCWMAAOwkt?format=jpg&name=medium]
Shaq in shambles

“OKC easy 5”. Never forget…
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lukedoncic's post:
  • Luka77
Like Reply
Is this real? I didn’t know OKC did this.

Any way fun video. NSFW due to language in music

https://x.com/mojaveking/status/17920226...77060?s=46&t=iwQP5yZoJF3Ulzfb9MH7Cg
Like Reply
(05-19-2024, 08:37 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Is this real?  I didn’t know OKC did this. 

Any way fun video.  NSFW due to language in music

https://x.com/mojaveking/status/17920226...77060?s=46&t=iwQP5yZoJF3Ulzfb9MH7Cg

I guess it‘s fake. Just rewatched game 1 for a couple of seconds, OKC was wearing their white home jerseys.

They had these blue jerseys in their game 4 against the Pelicans, I guess it was them celebrating their first round sweep, which is fine for my standards, especially for a young team winning their first series ever.
Like Reply
(05-19-2024, 08:54 AM)Knutsen Wrote: I guess it‘s fake. Just rewatched game 1 for a couple of seconds, OKC was wearing their white home jerseys.

They had these blue jerseys in their game 4 against the Pelicans, I guess it was them celebrating their first round sweep, which is fine for my standards, especially for a young team winning their first series ever.

Thanks.   I don't have an issue celebrating.  That is part of the thing.    

Not a big fan of people creating inaccurate videos though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
I think the above one was a joke (so apologies to all for ruining the fun). In defense I was surprised when I first saw the article and they had it as 7/7 split, I thought it would be more Thunder Heavy.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/4009...l-matchups

West semifinals

Dallas Mavericks (5) at Oklahoma City Thunder (1)
Kendra Andrews: Mavericks in 6

Jerry Bembry: Thunder in 6

Tim Bontemps: Thunder in 7

Israel Gutierrez: Mavericks in 6

Chris Herring: Mavericks in 7

Tim Legler: Mavericks in 6

Zach Lowe: Thunder in 7

Bobby Marks: Thunder in 7

Dave McMenamin: Mavericks in 6

Kevin Pelton: Thunder in 7

Ramona Shelburne: Thunder in 7

André Snellings: Mavericks in 7

Marc J. Spears: Thunder in 7

Ohm Youngmisuk: Mavericks in 7

Final tally: Mavericks 7, Thunder 7.
Like Reply
(05-19-2024, 04:58 AM)surfpuckmd Wrote: He was worth the 2027 1st just for this series.  

Everything else is lagniappe.

(Lagniappe is a cajun term describing the extra stuff you get that you don't really expect or deserve).  PJ Washington =  Lagniappe.

My thoughts exactly as I woke up this morning. This summer even if we win the trophy we will still mourn the lack of draft capital. We can’t help ourselves. But this trade deadline was really well invested and the grass will not be greener on the other side of the fence. PJ and DG have proved themselves already as perfect for this team. Last year’s pain was the necessary beginning for a really great rebuild of this team. It is very clear Luka and Kyrie agree.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Reunion Mav's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply

Just so you know, this graphic has been doctored. There is another version where about half of them picked the Mavs.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41, DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(05-19-2024, 11:38 AM)Reunion Mav Wrote: My thoughts exactly as I woke up this morning. This summer even if we win the trophy we will still mourn the lack of draft capital. We can’t help ourselves. But this trade deadline was really well invested and the grass will not be greener on the other side of the fence. PJ and DG have proved themselves already as perfect for this team. Last year’s pain was the necessary beginning for a really great rebuild of this team. It is very clear Luka and Kyrie agree.

On related news, I love these coincidences, somehow the Thunder enabled us to get every one of Lively, Gafford and Washington: 
https://twitter.com/jadubin5/status/1792...74878?s=46
Like Reply
@MFollowill
Some individual player notes that made the pod and some that didn't about the OKC series.

PJ Washington Jr. series:

17.7 PPG, 8.3 RPG. 47.6% FG, team best 23 made 3s on 47%. 3 games 20+ pts, 3 double-doubles, game winning FTs in Game 6 closeout.

Derrick Jones Jr. series:

12.8 PPG, 37% on 3s, 1.3 BPG. 19 pts in G5 and 22 pts in G6 going 15/22 FG & 7/11 on 3s.

Dereck Lively II series:

+71 in the 6 games. The best +/- of any Mavs player ever in a playoff series (Luka +69 vs LAC in R1 was the previous best).

Kyrie - 42.3% on 3s despite OKC aggressive defense against him. Played 242 out of possible 288 minutes in series.

Luka - 24.7 ppg, 10.5 rpg, 8.7 apg...3 straight triple-doubles to end the series...Jokic and Wilt have NBA record for consecutive playoff games with a triple-double at 4. He played 249 of possible 288 minutes in the series.
Like Reply