Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 2 2024 Playoffs: Dallas Mavericks (0-1) vs. Oklahoma City Thunder (1-0)
Let's even up the series and steal home court! 

Will Luka be Luka? Or will Kai takeover?
[-] The following 2 users Like nicholasthefan's post:
  • BoredAssistant, The Jom
Like Reply
Thank you for making a thread. Work has been insane for me so I haven't been able to be online at all basically l!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
I am still confident about this series. I expect a big game from Luka tonight, as well as an adjustment from the offense, hopefully with fewer touches in the short roll for Gafford and Lively. That's not really in either of their skillsets yet. Gafford just looks to bulldoze when he has the ball, and that's too far away from the rim for that mindset, and Lively is too passive, looking exclusively to kick out to the corner, and immediately.

Need at least one shooter to step up. Three would be better, but one is mandatory if they have a chance of winning. Is this the THJ game?
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
Keys to the game:

1.Luka be Luka
2.Reduce Turnovers
3. Win the rebounding battle
4. The Refs stop giving touch fouls to SGA (reduce FT attempts)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Luka77's post:
  • rocky164
Like Reply
(05-09-2024, 08:05 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I am still confident about this series. I expect a big game from Luka tonight, as well as an adjustment from the offense, hopefully with fewer touches in the short roll for Gafford and Lively. That's not really in either of their skillsets yet. Gafford just looks to bulldoze when he has the ball, and that's too far away from the rim for that mindset, and Lively is too passive, looking exclusively to kick out to the corner, and immediately.

Need at least one shooter to step up. Three would be better, but one is mandatory if they have a chance of winning. Is this the THJ game?

Teams are blitzing a 1-5 pick and roll(i.e the ball handler gets doubled immediately). The read is for the ball handler to pass the ball to the short roll man (i.e center).  If you don't want Gafford or Lively in that position, the pick will likely have to be set by someone else and they will be in the short roll if the defense decides to blitz.
Like Reply
Josh Green playoff career high incoming. Hoping for a Luka miracle or at least a sign he can play with a bum knee moving forward. THJ with a solid 15 minutes. Honestly don't care if this is a loss as long as it looks competitive.
Like Reply
Turnovers, rebounds, Luka. That’s the formula.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • Luka77
Like Reply
LETS GO MAVS!
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
I like the start
Like Reply
Luka has that look
Like Reply
Jones has been great all playoffs
Like Reply
Early leads are fool’s gold in this league. But putting Luka on the floor ain’t never worked for nobody.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • surfpuckmd
Like Reply
Lively picks up so many awful fouls
Like Reply
Terrible call on Lively for the moving screen
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
PJ getting abused on D
Like Reply
(05-09-2024, 08:54 PM)Luka77 Wrote: Terrible call on Lively for the moving screen

It was a big swing as they hit a 3 next play.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • Luka77
Like Reply
Someone didn’t appreciate finishing 3rd in MVP voting after his historic season…
Like Reply
PJ needs to keep attacking the basket
[-] The following 1 user Likes GATA's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
Luka’s knee looks okay so far.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • rocky164
Like Reply
Luka's critics are keeping quiet right now.
Like Reply