Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 5 Playoffs 2024: Dallas Mavericks (3-1) vs. Minnesota Timberwolves (1-3)
(05-30-2024, 10:08 PM)surfpuckmd Wrote: I liked how the crowd chanted "Let's Go Wolves" despite the blowout.  Classy fan base.  

Anthony Edwards has a really bright future.

KAT does not.

If the Wolves play this smart, they can get a major haul for KAT. You know the bright franchises in the EAST are ready to do it. The 50M contract will even play into their hands. Maybe Capela, Griffin and Murray? Capela expires to give you some breathing room for the Reid decision.

Murray/Conley
Edwards/NAW
McDaniels/ Griffin
Reid/Miller
Gobert/Capela
Like Reply
(05-30-2024, 10:05 PM)EGrant23 Wrote: Seriously? I know you guys are frustrated with what happened with Lively in game 3, but there was no way that with Luka was even close to intentional. He was going for an errant pass. I'd also be quite frustrated with Luka even being in the game at that point.

Fans of the actual best shooting big man don't have much patience for KAT's antics.
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • Mavs2021
Like Reply
(05-30-2024, 10:14 PM)surfpuckmd Wrote: I re-watched in around 6 times after I saw your comment.  

It's tough to tell, honestly.  KAT is really uncoordinated so maybe it was inadvertent.  

Anyway, I really like a lot of your team-  Edwards especially but also Naz Reid, Conley and NAW.  I'm a Pelicans fan as well and I'm thrilled to see NAW and Chris Finch succeed.  

Your fanbase seems like one of the best in the league.  I'm gonna take a trip up there at some point to watch a game.

He is super uncoordinated and its toigh watching him and Rudy together. I really dont think there was any ill intent behid it, but who knows. The Wolves have always had a pretty solid loyal fan base that's just been waiting for a season like this. It's been fun to see it rejuvenated the city again for this playoff run. I'd like to think the future is bright, but I've also been a fan of the NBA long enough to know that a run like this isn't guarantee regardless of what expectations and the roster looks like. Ownership group and the GM are in limbo and this team looks to be in salary cap hell next year so it'll be interesting to see what they do with the roster.
[-] The following 4 users Like EGrant23's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft, michaeltex, surfpuckmd
Like Reply
(05-30-2024, 10:17 PM)surfpuckmd Wrote: I can forgive it.  He didn't have a great series and he's probably disappointed in himself.  I think he has a lot of greatness ahead of him.  Being a good loser isn't always easy.  It's taken me many years of losing to get good at it.

Nah. It’s lame.
[-] The following 2 users Like MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • SleepingHero, surfpuckmd
Like Reply
(05-30-2024, 10:19 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Fans of the actual best shooting big man don't have much patience for KAT's antics.

I mean, depends what you go off of I suppose. Winning? Championships? Sure. Percentages from 2 and 3? Nope.
Like Reply
That was an ass whooping.
[-] The following 3 users Like RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • BigDirk41, SleepingHero, surfpuckmd
Like Reply
Luka is a player that played in front of ferocious crowds in Istanbul, Athens and Belgrade, and rose up in all those situations. It is funny for the crowds to act or think like they will affect him with some silly showings.
Long time Mavs Fan from Turkey who wakes up in the middle of the night to watch the Mavs games.
[-] The following 3 users Like TurkishMFFL's post:
  • BigDirk41, fifteenth, michaeltex
Like Reply
(05-30-2024, 10:05 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: For the first time, I felt bad for THJ.
Blow-out win and Green, Hardy and Exum were part of the mopping crew.

Could have let him play by then.
Wondered too about that.

But I think its still better not to be part of the mopping crew.

And I think the next series might open a new chance for him. Could be, that there is a working role for him there. Let's see...
Like Reply
They asked Ant what he thinks of this Dallas team and their chances and what he can learn from this experience going forward. His reply “nothing.” He isn’t disappointed in himself. He’s immature and makes me wonder if he actually has greatness in him. More McGradey than Mike.
[-] The following 3 users Like MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • BigDirk41, Scott41theMavs, Smitty
Like Reply
Luka and Kai confirmed they are best stars in this series. Not much more to say. Seems to me Minny only wanted to avoid the sweep and gave their best in game 4. They just didn't have the energy tonight to challenge Mavs. Interesting stat - Mavs were +26 in 20 Gafford minutes and -1 in 24 Lively minutes. Good to see the young man back.
[-] The following 2 users Like omahen's post:
  • Lukedoncic, Smitty
Like Reply
(05-30-2024, 10:21 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: That was an ass whooping.

I really enjoy dramatic finishes in the NBA playoffs.

Even greater though is an ass-kicking NBA playoff victory as long as the Mavs are whooping the ass.
[-] The following 1 user Likes surfpuckmd's post:
  • Lukedoncic
Like Reply
Wolves are a young team like the Thunder and Houston. More tweaks will be needed. They all will be back along with Memphis. But you can't put on a performance like that at home. It's almost like they were just happy not to get swept. No rest for the weary in the tough Western Conference. Congratulations to the Mavs however, they move on to the Finals vs Boston.
Like Reply
(05-30-2024, 10:19 PM)EGrant23 Wrote: I mean, depends what you go off of I suppose. Winning? Championships? Sure. Percentages from 2 and 3? Nope.

You actually want to talk KAT vs Dirk? You may end embarrassing yourself.
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
(05-30-2024, 10:19 PM)EGrant23 Wrote: He is super uncoordinated and its toigh watching him and Rudy together. I really dont think there was any ill intent behid it, but who knows. The Wolves have always had a pretty solid loyal fan base that's just been waiting for a season like this. It's been fun to see it rejuvenated the city again for this playoff run. I'd like to think the future is bright, but I've also been a fan of the NBA long enough to know that a run like this isn't guarantee regardless of what expectations and the roster looks like. Ownership group and the GM are in limbo and this team looks to be in salary cap hell next year so it'll be interesting to see what they do with the roster.
Tough decisions ahead. KAT being moved has to be considered seriously.

Will be interesting to watch from our Mavs perspective.
Like Reply
(05-30-2024, 10:26 PM)fifteenth Wrote: You actually want to talk KAT vs Dirk? You may end embarrassing yourself.

When it comes to the player? Not even close.
Like Reply
(05-30-2024, 10:19 PM)EGrant23 Wrote: I mean, depends what you go off of I suppose. Winning? Championships? Sure. Percentages from 2 and 3? Nope.

First off, if Dirk played in this era, his 3pt shooting numbers would dwarf KAT. I know you probably never watched Dirk, but it's a fact. Even on his low volume he still is a better shooter than KAT in the playoffs.

Secondly, you don't think KAT was reckless? Half of his fouls are offensive fouls from him throwing his body into opposing players. 

Finally, KAT was the one who said he was the best. Not his peers. Not the media. Not anyone. Carries zero weight. Especially because KAT never shows up. Winning matters over all. Plain and simple. Ergo he forfeits all rights to any supposed monikers he likes to grant himself. He is herby granted the name The Big Purr OR The Big Pussy. Minny fans can choose what y'all like.

I hope my light hearted trash talk isn't too much. Your players shit talked the Mavs the whole series. Your coach shit talked the Mavs. They gave them zero respect all series long. Either way, fun series. Ant is an electric freaking player man. Y'all are lucky to have him. McDaniels too. Those two are going to be a big 1-2 duo. As soon as Minny finds a Conley replacement and a way to get out of the 2nd apron, they may be a force to be reckoned with for years to come.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(05-30-2024, 10:21 PM)WillE Wrote: Wondered too about that.

But I think its still better not to be part of the mopping crew.

And I think the next series might open a new chance for him. Could be, that there is a working role for him there. Let's see...

I was wondering a while about this THJ thing. Kidd is not even giving him those 5 minutes "lets see if he is hot tonight" runs anymore. Despite a constant poor play by Exum, for example. It seems very improbable that Mavs and THJ would quit on eachother during such a playoff run. Also very obvious THJ will not be a Maverick next season. I don't think they will wait till deadline.
Like Reply
(05-30-2024, 10:22 PM)MarkAguirreWrathofGod Wrote: They asked Ant what he thinks of this Dallas team and their chances and what he can learn from this experience going forward. His reply “nothing.” He isn’t disappointed in himself. He’s immature and makes me wonder if he actually has greatness in him. More McGradey than Mike.

I mean what do you expect him to say after that beatdown? That he hopes Dallas wins the title? He's just 22, and he wasn't the reason they lost the series. He didn't get any help whatsoever.
Like Reply
(05-30-2024, 10:27 PM)EGrant23 Wrote: When it comes to the player? Not even close. When it comes to shooting? Numbers don't lie.

Numbers need context. Dirk's shots took place with more responsibility on his back than KAT has ever shown he can handle.
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 2 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • BigDirk41, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Hoop Central (@TheHoopCentral)
Luka Doncic tried to give Dereck Lively his Western Conference Finals MVP trophy.

https://x.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1796380488380363253

(via @BenGolliver)
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply