Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
FA: Klay Thompson Comes to Dallas| 3yrs/50mil
(07-01-2024, 02:50 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: NBACentral (@TheDunkCentral)
The Lakers were willing to offer Klay Thompson $80 million over four years, per @AnthonyIrwinLA

This makes it even better!

He really gets that Dallas gives him a better chance to win, and that was important to him.
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth, Jmaciscool, SleepingHero
Like Reply
If that’s true, I like Klay a lot more now
[-] The following 6 users Like RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • fifteenth, LifeAquatic, MarkAguirreWrathofGod, Scott41theMavs, SleepingHero, TurkishMFFL
Like Reply
(07-01-2024, 02:50 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: NBACentral (@TheDunkCentral)
The Lakers were willing to offer Klay Thompson $80 million over four years, per @AnthonyIrwinLA

Wow, that's amazing!!!

This is not the Mavs we are used to!!!
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 4 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • KillerLeft, LifeAquatic, Smitty, WillE
Like Reply
(07-01-2024, 02:16 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Marc Stein (@TheSteinLine)
Jake and @ChrisBHaynes report that the Mavericks and Warriors must still agree to final terms on their side of the three-team swap.

Dallas in, Charlotte in, Klay in ... but Warriors' compensation is not yet finalized and sources tell @TheSteinLine they aim for no salary back.

That's what I thought...
Like Reply
https://x.com/Kyriegotgame/status/1807869535443472757
@Kyriegotgame
Chris Haynes says Kyrie was big part in recruiting Klay

Great watch
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Wasn't even sure I wanted Thompson a day ago (on the fence) but it was worth it, in hindsight, just to get to watch the dejected Lakers-homer media have to make videos like this:

https://x.com/BleacherReport/status/1807879912587776264
[-] The following 7 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth, Jmaciscool, khaled1987, Lukedoncic, RoyTarpleysGhost, SleepingHero, Smitty
Like Reply
(07-01-2024, 03:58 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Wasn't even sure I wanted Thompson a day ago (on the fence) but it was worth it, in hindsight, just to get to watch the dejected Lakers-homer media have to make videos like this:

[Image: laugh-lol.gif]

He looks legit depressed saying those words. I'm dying of laughter.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • fifteenth, KillerLeft, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
Anthony Slater (@anthonyVslater)
Klay will assuredly end up in Dallas, as has been reported. But Warriors maintain they haven't yet agreed to their end of the proposed three-team sign-and-trade and hold an ounce of leverage (to perhaps get an asset) as it crosses the finish line.
Like Reply
This is a little mean-spirited, so trigger warning for Green fans...but, it's pretty funny.

https://x.com/FrankBurner222/status/1807857918370292179
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • Lukedoncic, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(07-01-2024, 03:58 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Wasn't even sure I wanted Thompson a day ago (on the fence) but it was worth it, in hindsight, just to get to watch the dejected Lakers-homer media have to make videos like this:

lmao is this dude gonna cry?
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(07-01-2024, 04:10 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: This is a little mean-spirited, so trigger warning for Green fans...but, it's pretty funny.

https://x.com/FrankBurner222/status/1807857918370292179

If you take that torrid six game stretch in February where he averaged 14ppg and extrapolate it out over his career, he could be pretty good.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
NBACentral (@TheDunkCentral)
The Warriors planned to bring Klay Thompson off the bench behind Brandin Podziemski next season, per @JakeLFischer

“Flashing forward, if Thompson had returned to Golden State, the Warriors planned to bring Thompson off the bench behind sophomore guard Brandin Podziemski, sources said, after Golden State started its prized rookie for a good stretch during the second half of last season.”
Like Reply
(07-01-2024, 02:37 PM)JamesConway912 Wrote: What options do we have left after the Klay acquisition? BAE potentially, right?

Could we also use a contract (e.g. Kleber) to get a SnT done?

Doubt it. Off the top of my head (I'm not at spreadsheet access) they have under $2M left to spend on 15th slot if they want (after setting aside a 1M cushion). Or they may just see a need for a bigger cushion since the Apron hard cap is so strict. That's a minimum salary.

They had 26 +/-
Naji about 8.57 (assumes smallest starting salary possible)
Klay about 15.87

Adding - I see where Lawson was waived, so that opens a path to combine his 2.1M plus the other leftover amount, into 1 salary slot. Won't get to BAE, but a number in the 3''s might be doable. Can use TPE or BAE depending on whether they sign or trade.
[-] The following 1 user Likes F Gump's post:
  • Lukedoncic
Like Reply
if Klay returns to 70% the player he was at prime, he would have us locked for the championship next season I believe. even for the player he is, 3yr/50m is a hard bargain imho. we knew there would be ring hunting vets willing to join us for vet mins, but never expected a signing of this level and dude has four rings already.
Like Reply
Is it done??? What did the warriors get? Did we get a 2nd too? Why are people still posting not done and warriors have not agreed!!!!!
Like Reply
to make it even better, the signing of Klay will entice more quality title hunters to choose Dallas over LA, if they truly hunt for rings.
Like Reply
(07-01-2024, 04:44 PM)LukaMVP Wrote: if Klay returns to 70% the player he was at prime, he would have us locked for the championship next season I believe. even for the player he is, 3yr/50m is a hard bargain imho. we knew there would be ring hunting vets willing to join us for vet mins, but never expected a signing of this level and dude has four rings already.
The rich get richer...

Feels good, to be on the sunny side for once.
Like Reply
Just have to post ... this is why I hate Tim Cato. The Athletic staff collaborated on an article about Klay and as soon as I read this paragraph I knew it was Cato.

"For most of the past decade, the Mavericks were known as the team that chased star free agents and then failed to get them, retreating to backup plans and promising future pursuits behind false bravado that couldn’t quite hide the embarrassment."

That's how he wants to start his article. Just such a douche. I'm shocked Kidd hasn't punched him in the face.
Like Reply
@TheDunkCentral
Klay Thompson's antics behind the scenes have been 'equally exhausting' as Draymond Green's, per
@JDumasReports

"Klay has been equally as exhausting behind the scenes. It's not as loud. It's not as loud because it's not you stomping on someone’s chest. If he's slamming stuff on the bench and sulking, and doing that on the court, how do you think it is in practice? How do you think it is in the locker room? It has been uncomfortable. It has. It just doesn't come out as loudly as Draymond Green."
Like Reply