Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 1 Playoffs 2024: Dallas Mavericks (0-0) vs. Boston Celtics (0-0)
I don't care about the score as much as I care that Luka and Kyrie are no shows.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
(06-06-2024, 08:24 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: That´s also why I said we need a Lavine/Simons type 3rd scoring option. None of our guys are a reliable 3rd offensive option. We need a guy that will shoot 45% if they leave him open, not somebody like Washington (who we need for different reasons) that either goes 45% or 25%. Team is completely rattled.

Lavine would be another defensive liability against a team that can attack with five different players. Need guys that can do both. Sadly Boston has four of them on the floor at all times.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Worst half of basketball in the history of the finals.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
This isn't a feel out game. This is absolute domination.
Like Reply
(06-06-2024, 08:21 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Celtics gameplan working perfectly. They are keeping their bigs out of the pick and roll. Don't give up the lob. Shot that they are willing to give up is the top of the key/pick and pop three from DJJ or Washington.

The Celtics getting every single easy three known to man was very predictable, so I am not shaken by that. Hopefully, there will be an adjustment from Kidd at some point.

What’s truly concerning is that it doesn’t seem like the Mavericks have any idea where their offense is supposed to come from. They are completely bumfuzzled out there.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod, Mavs2021
Like Reply
I know many have said that Luka’s spot in the top 3 is secure no matter what. But, it’s not. He has to bring it to keep his position.
Like Reply
Disappointed this team came out so passive. We probably aren’t going to win if the Celtics shoot like this. But this team fights. Not so tonight. Lights look too big for them. Celtics getting any look they want and they are out hustling us. Let’s see if we can settle down. We need our role players to meet the moment.
Like Reply
(06-06-2024, 08:25 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Lavine would be another defensive liability against a team that can attack with five different players. Need guys that can do both. Sadly Boston has four of them on the floor at all times.

They are at 58 points now. That´s not as unusual in the NBA today as 33 points offensively, when you are nearing HT. We are shooting 36/17/50.
Like Reply
Just have to hope Boston takes their foot off the gas in the 2nd half, and cool off. They've gave up big leads this year.
Like Reply
Need to get something going. Work through some nerves. Make adjustments. Get Maxi some looks and touches because we will need him. And see what Exum and THJ. For gods sake Kidd.
Like Reply
(06-06-2024, 08:28 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: The Celtics getting every single easythree known to man was very predictable, so I am not shaking by that. Hopefully, there will be an adjustment from Kidd at some point.

What’s truly concerning is that it doesn’t seem like the Mavericks have any idea where their offense is supposed to come from. They are completely bumfuzzled out there.

They’ve had several contested shots, but also a bunch of good looks that just didn’t go in.

Patience.
Like Reply
the 3's sure
but I didn't expect to give up this many dunks and rebounds
[-] The following 2 users Like Jym's post:
  • Lukedoncic, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(06-06-2024, 08:28 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: The Celtics getting every single easy three known to man was very predictable, so I am not shaking by that. Hopefully, there will be an adjustment from Kidd at some point.

The frustrating part is that podcasters, talking heads and posters on message boards predicted this. It's not suprising. The suprise is that the Mavs are completly unprepared.
[-] The following 3 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Boston has made Gafford and Lively non existent. Took them out the game.
Like Reply
PJ 3 fouls.
Like Reply
My bad they gave it to Maxi surprisingly
Like Reply
(06-06-2024, 08:32 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Boston has made Gafford and Lively non existent. Took them out the game.

Yeah I'd probably try 5 out in the 2nd half to see if it works. This game is over anyway. Might as well get something out of it. Sit Lively and Gafford the rest of the game.
Like Reply
(06-06-2024, 08:30 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: They’ve had several contested shots, but also a bunch of good looks that just didn’t go in.

Patience.

Oh, I’m not giving up on the series or anything, it’s just that Boston is undeniably getting what they want in this game, so far, and it doesn’t seem like Dallas has any idea what to do about it.

Disappointing, but it’s only one game.

Still, it would’ve been nice for game one to still be in doubt at halftime.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
(06-06-2024, 08:33 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Yeah I'd probably try 5 out in the 2nd half to see if it works. This game is over anyway. Might as well get something out of it. Sit Lively and Gafford the rest of the game.

They have been trying it this whole quarter. They are not as good at playing that way because they haven’t done it in so long, but they better figure out how to do it pretty quickly.

Or, they had better figure out how to make that 1-5 screen roll work against Boston. I think they only ran it twice in the entire first half.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
I think Killer was right about this series and we have to go 5 out to have a chance. Our bigs can't stay on the floor like this.
Like Reply