Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 3.65 Average
MAVS NEWS: Dudley Signs with Klutch| Unlikely Dud Goes to LAL
Not sure you all are recalling quite exactly right here. From D Mag:

“For his troubles, Cuban will net around $2 billion, a robust profit on the $285 million he invested in 2000. He’ll somehow also retain full control over basketball operations, which is a little like flipping your house with the provision that you continue to occupy the master bedroom.

It’s difficult to imagine that control being totally immutable, considering Cuban no longer holds the Mavericks’ cards. (It does have some stickiness, though, and explains the discount Cuban took; Forbes’ most recent franchise valuations had pegged the Mavericks as worth $4.5 billion, but the valuation in the sale was set around $3.5 billion.)”

https://www.dmagazine.com/sports/2023/11...icks-sale/
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 04:06 PM)The Jom Wrote: Not sure you all are recalling quite exactly right here. From D Mag:

“For his troubles, Cuban will net around $2 billion, a robust profit on the $285 million he invested in 2000. He’ll somehow also retain full control over basketball operations, which is a little like flipping your house with the provision that you continue to occupy the master bedroom.

It’s difficult to imagine that control being totally immutable, considering Cuban no longer holds the Mavericks’ cards. (It does have some stickiness, though, and explains the discount Cuban took; Forbes’ most recent franchise valuations had pegged the Mavericks as worth $4.5 billion, but the valuation in the sale was set around $3.5 billion.)”

It's definitely weird, man. 

I just continue to look forward to the day when we don't need to think or talk about Cuban at all, and will take any incremental steps toward that end I can get.
[-] The following 4 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • audiosway, From Dirk to Luka, The Jom, ThisIStheYear
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 04:17 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: It's definitely weird, man. 

I just continue to look forward to the day when we don't need to think or talk about Cuban at all, and will take any incremental steps toward that end I can get.

I am trying my very best to ignore the Adelson/Dumont family and it seems like they are smart enough to let the ball guys run the show. Best part about Cuban was that he was one of the better guys on the billionaire scumbag scale. I guess it is too much to ask for the best of both worlds.
Like Reply
[Image: GQ_lmZeWoAA2qnl?format=jpg&name=medium]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, The Jom
Like Reply
Ian Steele (@RealianSteele6)
The Boston Celtics have hired God Shammgod Jr. as a player development coach, according to his dad.

Shammgod Jr. played for and coached under Joe Mazzulla at Fairmont State.

@abc6 #differenthere #pcbb #gofriars

[Image: 1806304688268009979_0.jpg?ex=667ebda0&is...eight=1514]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 02:18 PM)omahen Wrote: Lindsay went to a better position, don't think it was really Mavs pushing him out.

Interesting note from Stein in his todays newsletter: Cuban will still be present in Mavs draft war room. I guess they are allowing him to watch others play with the toy Smile

Ya, you want a certain amount of turnover in the front office and coaches, if they're going to better situations.  It's like Saban at Bama.  Keep contributors moving through.
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 04:06 PM)The Jom Wrote: Not sure you all are recalling quite exactly right here. From D Mag:

To be fair when mathing this, 285 Million is 525 Million today.   Still a robust profit but 240 MIll less than suggested there.
Like Reply
(06-27-2024, 09:46 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Ian Steele (@RealianSteele6)
The Boston Celtics have hired God Shammgod Jr. as a player development coach, according to his dad.

Shammgod Jr. played for and coached under Joe Mazzulla at Fairmont State.

@abc6 #differenthere #pcbb #gofriars

[Image: 1806304688268009979_0.jpg?ex=667ebda0&is...eight=1514]

This is starting to get somewhat nightmarish, tbh.
Like Reply
(06-27-2024, 02:32 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: This is starting to get somewhat nightmarish, tbh.

Don't worry, it's shammgod Jr that's going to the Celtics
Like Reply
(06-27-2024, 02:32 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: This is starting to get somewhat nightmarish, tbh.

Why? I don't get it. What's bad about him being happy for his son?
Like Reply
(06-27-2024, 02:37 PM)Jmaciscool Wrote: Don't worry, it's shammgod Jr that's going to the Celtics

Ohhhh, did you think they poached the Mavs' guy, Scott? Nah, the legend is still here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
We need to come up with something better than Jr. I like the old nordic version. If you are a son of Sven your last name is Svenson.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(06-27-2024, 02:45 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: We need to come up with something better than Jr. I like the old nordic version. If you are a son of Sven your last name is Svenson.

Devin Lukason does have a good ring to it
[-] The following 4 users Like Jmaciscool's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, KillerLeft, MarkAguirreWrathofGod, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(06-27-2024, 02:41 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Ohhhh, did you think they poached the Mavs' guy, Scott? Nah, the legend is still here.

Thank goodness!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
[Image: 1806419022625620233_0.jpg?ex=667f18dc&is...eight=1514]\

DLive and Gafford are professional Lego builders.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/SloHoopsFan/status/1...0334359944
Luka on his health after national team practice:

"I don't want to go into detail. It's a private matter. But everything is getting better, so that's good."

"It's been a long season, so many games and so many injuries, but I decided to play (for Slovenia) and I'm here now. It's an honour I get to be here (with the national team).

When asked about the conversation with the Mavericks front office about him playing for the national team right now and if there were any issues: "No. They know that I'm going to play so there was no need to talk about it."
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft, The Jom
Like Reply
(06-27-2024, 02:45 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: We need to come up with something better than Jr. I like the old nordic version. If you are a son of Sven your last name is Svenson.

What if you are a son of Svenson?
Like Reply
(06-27-2024, 07:26 PM)speedkilz88 Wrote: What if you are a son of Svenson?

What's your dad's first name?
Like Reply
(06-27-2024, 07:37 PM)F Gump Wrote: What's your dad's first name?

speedkilz87?
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 2 users Like The Jom's post:
  • fifteenth, omahen
Like Reply
Per Nico’s press conference Melcvin and Onax are playing summer league. Also mentioned Brandi. Williams, Lawson and Alex Fudge also playing
Like Reply