Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
FA: Klay Thompson Comes to Dallas| 3yrs/50mil
(07-01-2024, 02:25 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Lateral moves

Better shooting. Lost our two best athletes and two players with the most speed. POA defense takes a decent step back. Overall offense improves in the regular season. Playoffs TBD

The big question mark is team chemistry 

And 

How does Luka/Kyrie/Klay 
makes sense against SGA/Caruso/Dort ? OKC will sweep us if those guys play 30 min a night against us. We’re way too slow and old on the perimeter

I understand your concerns but to say this off-season has been lateral moves seems crazy to me. I couldn't be happier with how Nico has reshaped this whole roster. Agree to disagree. This is a much better team imo and lots of flexibility.
[-] The following 6 users Like BigDirk41's post:
  • Arioch, donzingis38, Kidnova, omahen, SleepingHero, Smitty
Like Reply
(07-01-2024, 02:33 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: I understand your concerns but to say this off-season has been lateral moves seems crazy to me. I couldn't be happier with how Nico has reshaped this whole roster. Agree to disagree. This is a much better team imo and lots of flexibility.

Agree. Mavs also kept both FRP
[-] The following 3 users Like omahen's post:
  • ballsrchr, KillerLeft, Smitty
Like Reply
(07-01-2024, 02:33 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: I understand your concerns but to say this off-season has been lateral moves seems crazy to me. I couldn't be happier with how Nico has reshaped this whole roster. Agree to disagree. This is a much better team imo and lots of flexibility.

Talent wise, it's better. 

There are valid questions about the fit of that talent. 

But, and I can't stress this enough, accomplishing this much stuff without really touching their draft capital goes a long way for me. Pleasantly surprised by that.
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • ballsrchr, mvossman, Smitty
Like Reply
(07-01-2024, 02:35 PM)omahen Wrote: Agree. Mavs also kept both FRP

Which is pretty big for the future, cause we'll need them for the next iteration of the Peak Luka Mavs era.
Like Reply
(07-01-2024, 02:35 PM)omahen Wrote: Agree. Mavs also kept both FRP

This!
Like Reply
What options do we have left after the Klay acquisition? BAE potentially, right?

Could we also use a contract (e.g. Kleber) to get a SnT done?
Like Reply
(07-01-2024, 02:36 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Which is pretty big for the future, cause we'll need them for the next iteration of the Peak Luka Mavs era.

And this. 

It also means they could potentially make one more big swing on THIS iteration.

Either way, good to have left this option open.
Like Reply
(07-01-2024, 02:32 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: [Image: GRbBrDtaYAQFuo8?format=jpg&name=large]

[Image: joe-rogan-surprised.gif]

me right now
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
[Synergy] The Mavericks ranked 26th in the NBA shooting 32% on off screen 3-point attempts last season. Klay Thompson led the NBA in off screen scoring shooting 41% on movement 3s.
[-] The following 3 users Like RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • Kidnova, SleepingHero, Smitty
Like Reply
[Wojnarowski] Update on Thompson's Mavs contract: Thompson will do a straight three-year deal without a player option, sources tell ESPN.
[-] The following 2 users Like RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • KillerLeft, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Marc Stein (@TheSteinLine)
Klay Thompson had face-to-face meetings with both the Lakers and Mavericks in L.A. on Sunday night, league sources say.

In addition Dallas had Klay's former @USABasketball teammate Kyrie Irving to counter recruiting from LeBron James.

More NBA from me: http://marcstein.substack.com/
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(07-01-2024, 02:44 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: [Wojnarowski] Update on Thompson's Mavs contract: Thompson will do a straight three-year deal without a player option, sources tell ESPN.

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Like Reply
(07-01-2024, 02:44 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: [Wojnarowski] Update on Thompson's Mavs contract: Thompson will do a straight three-year deal without a player option, sources tell ESPN.

Ok, there's correction #1! 

Cool with me!
Like Reply
Like Reply
A healthy Klay playing starter minutes greatly boosts our chances at a top 3 seed
I'll worry about the lack of POA playoff defense when we get there
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jym's post:
  • YaBoyAplus
Like Reply
(07-01-2024, 02:45 PM)Jym Wrote: A healthy Klay playing starter minutes greatly boosts our chances at a top 3 seed

Hey man, in the WEST, getting there is half the battle. 

Dallas needs a top 3-4 seed this time, if they're serious. Beating three 50-win teams on the road to reach the finals was BRUTAL.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
(07-01-2024, 02:29 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://x.com/dalton_trigg/status/1807845860602269994

Uh, what am I missing here?  Am I just too old to get this or something?
Like Reply
(07-01-2024, 02:45 PM)Jym Wrote: A healthy Klay playing starter minutes greatly boosts our chances at a top 3 seed

We also have to figure, how tired will the opposing team will be trying to defend all of Luka/Kyrie/Klay at the same time? AND keep Lively off the glass?

Ant was gassed with a hobbled Luka. Now we're adding Klay Thompson to this??
Like Reply
(07-01-2024, 02:47 PM)Jmaciscool Wrote: Uh, what am I missing here?  Am I just too old to get this or something?

A very old meme. 

Dalton photoshopped a Mavs cat onto it. 

You're not missing anything. Just posted because Dalton is a very cringe individual. But it's okay to be cringe today. The Mavs got Klay Thompson.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • Jmaciscool, KillerLeft
Like Reply
NBACentral (@TheDunkCentral)
The Lakers were willing to offer Klay Thompson $80 million over four years, per @AnthonyIrwinLA
[-] The following 5 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • fifteenth, KillerLeft, Reunion Mav, RoyTarpleysGhost, Smitty
Like Reply