Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.63 Average
MAVS NEWS: Luka: "I feel good"| Nico Gets Extension
(05-23-2024, 10:35 AM)BoredAssistant Wrote: My guess is it was SAS or someone from Minnesota w/the lone Luka 2nd team vote.

Pulled from another site...no credit claimed from me.

Not only was Luka not on this guy's first team, he barely made his second team. Here are the people this clown had ahead of Luka:

1) Giannis
2) Jokic
3) LeBron James
4) Shai
5) Anthony Edwards
6) Wemby (!!!)
7) Anthony Davis (!!!)
8) Jayson Tatum
9) Luka
10) Kevin Durant

This guys's name is Tolis Kotzias
[-] The following 4 users Like From Dirk to Luka's post:
  • BigDirk41, BoredAssistant, KillerLeft, michaeltex
Like Reply
(05-23-2024, 02:22 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: If I was an opposing petty GM aka a Morey, I´d encourage the media to make some opposing players All-NBA rather than starting a NL campaign to get Embiid MVP votes.

Lol, I like the way you think. Big Grin
Like Reply
(05-23-2024, 02:22 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: So does that mean Haliburton is super-max eligible? Which All-NBA team you need?

If I was an opposing petty GM aka a Morey, I´d encourage the media to make some opposing players All-NBA rather than starting a NL campaign to get Embiid MVP votes.

Yes, not the huge one that Luka is about to get, but he's now eligible for the one Luka is on right now. Halliburton and Anthony Edwards both just qualified.
Like Reply
Thought I read somewhere that SGA will be available for one even bigger than Luka's after next season. Would end up making almost $1MM per game by the end of it.

Hope the new TV contracts are lucrative.
[-] The following 1 user Likes michaeltex's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
How Luka Doncic DOMINATED Timberwolves in Mavericks Game 1 win

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d3u0-c2uxQ

Jason at Hoops Tonight, great stuff w/video clips
[-] The following 3 users Like Winter's post:
  • fifteenth, KillerLeft, The Jom
Like Reply
@noahweber00
The NBA on TNT broadcast said that Luka Doncic said that he hangs out with Kyrie Irving "all the time" and said they go out on "long dinners" together.

Their chemistry continues to grow on and off the floor.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
https://x.com/MavsFilmRoom/status/1794055321314328991

Mavs Film Room (@MavsFilmRoom)
Shams points to the Mavs’ preseason trip to Abu Dhabi and Kyrie hosting Luka and his family at his home in LA in November as two things that have brought Luka and Kyrie closer this season
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • Scott41theMavs, Smitty
Like Reply
https://x.com/Rachel__Nichols/status/179...5795770528

Rachel Nichols (@Rachel__Nichols)
On Open Run, Jason Kidd tells me there was one game in March that completely turned the Mavericks’ defense around - they went from ranking 23rd in the NBA before that night, to 1st in the NBA for the rest of the season after it
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
[Image: GOWzsXxXYAAQqxE?format=jpg&name=large]

@dallasmavs
Handled business all season long.

@kyrieirving is your #NBAFanFavorites Handle of the Year winner
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, fifteenth, KillerLeft
Like Reply
[Image: GOjZ8yFXEAA2vBO?format=jpg&name=small]
[-] The following 6 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Arioch, fifteenth, Jmaciscool, LifeAquatic, Scott41theMavs, SleepingHero
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/noahweber00/status/1...6315340022

@noahweber00
Kyrie Irving on what the Dallas Mavericks mean to him:

“I feel like it’s a great chapter that’s being written right now and I’m enjoying every step of the way. I’m not taking anything for granted…I’m enjoying the Dallas community and the fans here, you know we talked about this earlier in the season, just how much I felt embraced, but I think it’s gone a little deeper than that. It’s really helped me grow as a human being and find my peace out here…You know what they say about a happy wife, happy life…”

Special appearance by his family at the end.
  • fifteenth, Scott41theMavs, Smitty
Like Reply
https://x.com/undisputed/status/1795097646535000136

Paul Pierce is trippin, LOL.
Like Reply
@townbrad
Unlike in the case of Jason Kidd, who wisely was given a contract extension on the eve of the second round, I’m told there have been no negotiations to extend Nico Harrison’s deal, BUT . . .

That’s because there is zero concern on either side of an extension not getting done after the season. As Mavericks governor Patrick Dumont made clear to us in this exclusive and still-only interview he’s done as governor: “He’s a great talent and I have complete faith in what he’s doing with the team.”

Patrick Dumont, Mavericks majority shareholder, gives his first interview as governor

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/maveri...ark-cuban/
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
@kyriecenterig
Kyrie and Luka Doncic are the first starting backcourt to each have at least 30 points in the same game 3 times in a postseason in 50 years!

THIS IS THEIR FIRST PLAYOFF RUN TOGETHER BTW
  • BigDirk41, fifteenth, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
@nationmffl

Daniel Gafford may consider getting a dual citizenship to play with Luka Doncic for Slovenia in the Olympics in the future

Per Kirk at Mavs Moneyball.
  • surfpuckmd
Like Reply
(05-27-2024, 03:00 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: @nationmffl

Daniel Gafford may consider getting a dual citizenship to play with Luka Doncic for Slovenia in the Olympics in the future

Gaff the Slovenian, who would have thought. lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes Luka77's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(05-27-2024, 03:00 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: @nationmffl

I will buy a Daniel Gafford Slovenia jersey if he really does that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes surfpuckmd's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Daniel Gaffordić
[-] The following 4 users Like Tyler's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft, Scott41theMavs, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Slovenia is going to be such a strong team. Besides Gafford, there were rumors that Luka's adopted sons, Anthony Edwards Doncic and Devin Booker Doncic will also be playing for Slovenia.
[-] The following 7 users Like BolsDamols's post:
  • BigDirk41, DallasMaverick, From Dirk to Luka, Lukedoncic, omahen, Scott41theMavs, SleepingHero
Like Reply
I’m sure most in this community have at least heard about this, because it’s a few weeks old at this point, but I just came across a full video of Luka dropping in on a twitch streamer playing overwatch. Apparently, he is pretty good.

https://youtu.be/ZwXkG_cN_fg?si=Tcjch_g-qCIxSv1R
Like Reply