Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 3.92 Average
AROUND the NBA: LAL Hire McMillan and Brooks as Asst. Coaches | Celtics up for sale!
(07-03-2024, 09:53 AM)MAVS-SLO Wrote: I don't think that they are accepting that they can't go better, but i think that is result what happened when you give all the power of decisions to 1 player.

I wouldn't be surprised even if i see Bronny in the starting 5 next season, because this will be a story they can sell to the media. 

Will Lebron be focused on winning or how much time will he spend on the court together with Bronny?

Do you think Lebron would accept that Bronny would mostly getting DNP? Or be in the G-league even?

I mean, it can still happen that Bronny is actually a solid player, but i think they will have a lot of family drama's there, without much of thinking of winning anything.

I'm glad that Dallas avoided such an issues.

JJ won't sacrifice his coaching career for Lebron, he won't make Bronny a starter. It is different from sacrificing a late 2nd to avoid fighting with  your best player and the agent of your 2nd best player, to actually letting none factor player starts over valid options. 

Lebron only has power because Lakers management were clueless after dr. Buss passed away, he brought the kids legitimacy with a title and them recruiting 2 superstars. Before 2018 Lakers were losing race to freakin Greg Monroe. Right now he still holds the power of being the best player Lakers can have.
But atm, Pelinka and Jeanie Buss has some fab packing, and they have avoided needlessly trading their picks. And chased coaches for long term projects (Hurley as a college coach, and JJ as a young coaching prodigy. 

I think they are doing what many teams does, and enjoying being in playoffs for now. Until the NBA gifts them the next big thing.
Like Reply
Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn)
ESPN Sources: The Los Angeles Lakers are hiring Nate McMillan and Scott Brooks as top assistant coaches on JJ Redick’s new staff. Redick gets two longtime head coaches with a combined 1,189 victories to surround him.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
@ShamsCharania
After retiring from a 12-year NBA career, four-time All-Star Kemba Walker is rejoining the Charlotte Hornets on new coach Charles Lee's coaching staff as a player enhancement coach.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(07-03-2024, 10:21 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn)
ESPN Sources: The Los Angeles Lakers are hiring Nate McMillan and Scott Brooks as top assistant coaches on JJ Redick’s new staff. Redick gets two longtime head coaches with a combined 1,189 victories to surround him.

And Gentry too, correct?
Like Reply
Most likely paying three head coaching salaries on top of whatever Redick makes. On top of the luxury tax. But I guess it is all worth it as long as they reach the play-in.
[-] The following 3 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Jmaciscool, KillerLeft, SleepingHero
Like Reply
I dunno. Redick is a novice here. I could see him getting swamped by other coaches with head coach pedigree and head coach designs.
Like Reply