Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 3.92 Average
AROUND the NBA: Bam Signs 3yr/166m Max Extension| KP To Miss Start of Next Season
@ShamsCharania
The Miami Heat and Bam Adebayo – a three-time All-Star and three-time All-Defensive player – intend to reach a three-year, $166 million maximum contract extension, sources tell
@TheAthletic

@Stadium
. Heat expect to lock in their cornerstone center through the 2028-29 season.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Milwaukee will also come back to muscle up the east a bit, hopefully. they can't just sit there doing nothing and see Giannis walk elsewhere a few years later. seems they didn't find the best way to get the most out of the Giannis and Lillard last season. when they've developed some good chemistry between Giannis and Lillard, with some minor operations to improve their squad this summer, they'll be great again next season tbh.
Like Reply
(06-26-2024, 04:58 PM)LukaMVP Wrote: Milwaukee will also come back to muscle up the east a bit, hopefully. they can't just sit there doing nothing and see Giannis walk elsewhere a few years later. seems they didn't find the best way to get the most out of the Giannis and Lillard last season. when they've developed some good chemistry between Giannis and Lillard, with some minor operations to improve their squad this summer, they'll be great again next season tbh.

They should be better, but they don't have the assets to make a "all in move" They can only operate around the fringes. I still see them behind Boston, NY, and maybe Philly. Indy, Orl, and Cle are also rising.
Like Reply
Tim Bontemps (@TimBontemps)
The Celtics say Kristaps Porzingis had surgery to repair a torn retinaculum and dislocated posterior tibialis tendon, and that he will return to play in “5-to-6 months” — meaning he’ll be out well into the start of next season.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(06-27-2024, 09:52 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Tim Bontemps (@TimBontemps)
The Celtics say Kristaps Porzingis had surgery to repair a torn retinaculum and dislocated posterior tibialis tendon, and that he will return to play in “5-to-6 months” — meaning he’ll be out well into the start of next season.

I haven't done a deep dive on the finals loss.  Trying to forget about it and focus on the future.  Boston was the better team.

When I do think about it though, I will think of game 2 (you could say game 3 too).   But game 2 was there for the taking.   I wanted to see how Boston reacted when they felt some pressure.  They never did.   Maybe things work out differently if we go back to Boston 2-2.   

Mavs played excellent in all their game 2 in the playoffs.  Just didn't do it in the finals.  Give Boston some credit but it almost feel like the Mavs ran out of a little gas.
[-] The following 4 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • audiosway, KillerLeft, Scott41theMavs, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(06-27-2024, 10:59 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I haven't done a deep dive on the finals loss.  Trying to forget about it and focus on the future.  Boston was the better team.

When I do think about it though, I will think of game 2 (you could say game 3 too).   But game 2 was there for the taking.   I wanted to see how Boston reacted when they felt some pressure.  They never did.   Maybe things work out differently if we go back to Boston 2-2.   

Mavs played excellent in all their game 2 in the playoffs.  Just didn't do it in the finals.  Give Boston some credit but it almost feel like the Mavs ran out of a little gas.

I don't think they ran out gas. I think they flat out didn't understand how/where to attack the Boston defense, and were struggling to score so much that they became frustrated, complete with ebbs and flows with their effort and attention to defensive detail. It's human nature. 

Really need to add some more variety to the offense (without gutting the defense in the process).

That's why I'm not in the Simons/Bogdaonvic camp. I think those guys would be nice, but what the team needs isn't a third guy who does what Luka and Kyrie do, they need a 3rd guy who can do something else.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • audiosway
Like Reply
(06-27-2024, 09:52 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Tim Bontemps (@TimBontemps)

I would say that he won't come back next year looking like he did this season. It will likely be the following season before he gets the rust off again.
Legler: "If Luka wins this year, against a healthy Celtics team, at his age, the league is in trouble."
Like Reply
(06-27-2024, 03:18 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I don't think they ran out gas. I think they flat out didn't understand how/where to attack the Boston defense, and were struggling to score so much that they became frustrated, complete with ebbs and flows with their effort and attention to defensive detail. It's human nature. 

Really need to add some more variety to the offense (without gutting the defense in the process).

That's why I'm not in the Simons/Bogdaonvic camp. I think those guys would be nice, but what the team needs isn't a third guy who does what Luka and Kyrie do, they need a 3rd guy who can do something else.

Totally agree. The difference in that Finals series is literally games 2 and 3. They lost by 7 in both games. If you have someone in the DJJ role that scores even just 12-15 and that series is 2-2 or 3-1 heading back to Boston. Even if it were just 2-2 that puts the pressure on Boston I wanted to see. They never were pressured and pulled it out.
Legler: "If Luka wins this year, against a healthy Celtics team, at his age, the league is in trouble."
Like Reply
They were spent in game 5. You could tell by their body language and lack of energy. Boston took the life out of them. It was a stark difference from game 4 when Boston decided not to show up. At least that's the way it appeared to me.
Like Reply
if we had the Pacers' coach the finals would've been tied by four games, and the title chance would've been 50-50 between those two teams instead of what seemed like a landslide.
Like Reply
Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania)
Immanuel Quickley intends to sign a five-year, $175 million deal to return to the Toronto Raptors, league source tells @TheAthletic @Stadium.
Like Reply
(Yesterday, 08:38 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania)
Immanuel Quickley intends to sign a five-year, $175 million deal to return to the Toronto Raptors, league source tells @TheAthletic @Stadium.

Toronto locking their future to Barnes and Quickley. Good luck, I guess
Like Reply
(06-27-2024, 04:30 PM)LukaMVP Wrote: if we had the Pacers' coach the finals would've been tied by four games, and the title chance would've been 50-50 between those two teams instead of what seemed like a landslide.

We had the Pacers coach, (RC) who is a much better tactician than Kidd. He would probably be worth more than 1 win at least.
Like Reply
(Yesterday, 08:44 AM)omahen Wrote: Toronto locking their future to Barnes and Quickley. Good luck, I guess

Even at the lower $ amount for the Barnes extension (I think around 228 mil?), that contract is pretty nuts. I know the cap is going to steadily rise and future max deals will just get bigger and bigger, but I'm not sure Barnes has shown anything worthy to be considered for a max contract.
Like Reply
I guess Borrego is not a THJ fan...

https://x.com/Balldontlie/status/1806743653614059579
Like Reply
(Yesterday, 12:38 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I guess Borrego is not a THJ fan...

https://x.com/Balldontlie/status/1806743653614059579

This makes terrified that Sweeney is gone
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(Yesterday, 12:43 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: This makes terrified that Sweeney is gone

Very, very possible. 

But, give me Vogel. Or Borrego, for that matter. What's his current gig?
Like Reply
(Yesterday, 12:45 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Very, very possible. 

But, give me Vogel. Or Borrego, for that matter. What's his current gig?

Vogel is in the unemployment line. Borrego is an associate head coach (whatever that means) in New Orleans
Like Reply